Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Sweden but I bought one of these in 2001 from a native man who told me that his tribe back in Mexico made them.

Wow, that's interesting! This may be a heck of a long shot, but do you know if he happened to have traveled over the US? Anyway, I'll keep in mind that she may have got it from a Mexican tribe. Did yours have silk lining inside, like BG's?

Not Amish, although the schnozz does look about right for Amish. Those are not Amish braids, and just because someone left the church doesn't mean everyone isn't keeping track of that someone.

I too would like to know how the pullover fit her. Was it hers? A boyfriend's? A hand me down?

Do Amish braids have a particular look? (I'm genuinely curious, I'd like to keep that in mind when looking at other UIDs with braided hair). But my guess is that she isn't Amish either, though I guess it does make sense if she was stalked by them. My guess is domestic abuse though.

Wow, that's interesting! This may be a heck of a long shot, but do you know if he happened to have traveled over the US? Anyway, I'll keep in mind that she may have got it from a Mexican tribe. Did yours have silk lining inside, like BG's?

I don´t know about the silk but I am almost sure I spoke english with him, have to check that with a person who was with me at the time. It was some kind of celebration in Stockholm with markets and foodstands so I have had a few beers and this guy was very good looking and that is about all I remember. He had a lot of stuff to sell and I felt overwhelmed so I think he was travelling. Maybe he isn´t the only one who travels to sell this from his tribe. He told me the name of it but I cant remember bcs I have never heard that name before.

I don´t know about the silk but I am almost sure I spoke english with him, have to check that with a person who was with me at the time. It was some kind of celebration in Stockholm with markets and foodstands so I have had a few beers and this guy was very good looking and that is about all I remember. He had a lot of stuff to sell and I felt overwhelmed so I think he was travelling. Maybe he isn´t the only one who travels to sell this from his tribe. He told me the name of it but I cant remember bcs I have never heard that name before.

He probably was traveling, then. (I've been to Stockholm--what a gorgeous city. You're so lucky to live there). Since Mexico and US are so close, he/his tribe could have been moving North. Maybe an earlier generation of his tribe passed through Ohio in the 80s.

It's been mentioned several times earlier in this thread, but it may be useful to bring this point up again. At the time of the autopsy, BG's hair was unbraided to collect evidence. Her hair was then braided again before the photos were taken. So it's very possible that the way she wore her braids in life may have differed from the photos. Also, when her body was discovered, her braids were probably not as "fresh" looking.

It's been mentioned several times earlier in this thread, but it may be useful to bring this point up again. At the time of the autopsy, BG's hair was unbraided to collect evidence. Her hair was then braided again before the photos were taken. So it's very possible that the way she wore her braids in life may have differed from the photos. Also, when her body was discovered, her braids were probably not as "fresh" looking.

OK--I thought so--thanks for the confirmation, wintermute. I'll be sure to keep that in mind. She may have kept them looser in real life. I wonder why the photographs were not taken before the unbraiding, though.

He probably was traveling, then. (I've been to Stockholm--what a gorgeous city. You're so lucky to live there). Since Mexico and US are so close, he/his tribe could have been moving North. Maybe an earlier generation of his tribe passed through Ohio in the 80s.

I have been thinking about this for a few days now and in the back of my mind I think I remember that he said he lived in the US and sold these items to help his tribe financially.

OK--I thought so--thanks for the confirmation, wintermute. I'll be sure to keep that in mind. She may have kept them looser in real life. I wonder why the photographs were not taken before the unbraiding, though.

I thought the same thing at first, then I realized that her hair was probably really messed up from the struggle and (sorry) her body being dumped. After that, what began as braids were likely all unraveled and messy.

I thought the same thing at first, then I realized that her hair was probably really messed up from the struggle and (sorry) her body being dumped. After that, what began as braids were likely all unraveled and messy.

Ah. In that case, it was a good move. So I'm assuming there are no crime scene photographs? (None that I could find, anyhow, only autopsy ones).

I have been thinking about this for a few days now and in the back of my mind I think I remember that he said he lived in the US and sold these items to help his tribe financially.

Wow! His tribe may very well have had some connection to BG's jacket! This is interesting.

Do Amish braids have a particular look? (I'm genuinely curious, I'd like to keep that in mind when looking at other UIDs with braided hair). But my guess is that she isn't Amish either, though I guess it does make sense if she was stalked by them. My guess is domestic abuse though.

Hi! Amish do not braid their hair down their back or in pigtails. They braid and than twist their hair on top of their head and it is tucked beneath a prayer cap. Hair is considered a vanity and the Amish believe only a woman's husband should see her hair down.

Like many others I don't believe this girl was Amish. I haven't read the entire thread so forgive me if I'm repeating. Her teeth were in good condition, and the Amish would not have access to the same dental care as the general population. Her scars and ruddy complexion make me believe she grew up on a farm (the Midwest maybe?)

Maybe she got tired of working on the family farm and left home or ran away with a boyfriend? I know that with some old farmers their mentality was if your kid left the farm for school/better work/etc they weren't always welcome back. Or if her family was very religious and she left with a boy - they may not have spoken again.

Hi! Amish do not braid their hair down their back or in pigtails. They braid and than twist their hair on top of their head and it is tucked beneath a prayer cap. Hair is considered a vanity and the Amish believe only a woman's husband should see her hair down.

Like many others I don't believe this girl was Amish. I haven't read the entire thread so forgive me if I'm repeating. Her teeth were in good condition, and the Amish would not have access to the same dental care as the general population. Her scars and ruddy complexion make me believe she grew up on a farm (the Midwest maybe?)

Maybe she got tired of working on the family farm and left home or ran away with a boyfriend? I know that with some old farmers their mentality was if your kid left the farm for school/better work/etc they weren't always welcome back. Or if her family was very religious and she left with a boy - they may not have spoken again.

Hi! :welcome:

Thanks for the braiding information, catherine. Definitely not Amish braids, then. No prayer cap, and they aren't twisted atop her head.

I now strongly believe she was not Amish. True, her overall dentition is better than most Amish people have access to.

Your theory about her being a runaway farm girl definitely makes sense. That explains why she wasn't reported missing as well, perhaps she ran away with a boyfriend who turned out to be abusive, a fight ensued, and she was killed by him.

I don't think she was a transient, either.

I would be interested to hear more about the possible lead from Rubies87.

About the scar, I have an identical one. Same place, everything. Mine is a bit smaller though. I got it when I was a baby but is still very visible. Just FYI.

Hair is parted in the middle, then french braided on each side and twisted into a knot at the back of the head. It is really tight too. Causes damage to the hairline after a while.

Stalked by them? They who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member