OK - Cherokee Co., WhtFem 'Daisy Doe', 25-30, May'88 - Jeanette Coleman *arrests*

yea it probably is a long shot, I may hold off on submitting it for awhile in case I find a better match, the ME and Sheriff has been so patient with me I hate to wear out my welcome.

Here is a Canadian who fits the description and timeframe:

Janette Brunet
JBrunet.jpg
2565752270045078242S600x600Q851-1.jpg

Nothing here though, to suggest how she would end up in Oklahoma from Ottawa.

I wonder if the Jane Doe had any indications of having given birth.

I don't think so. She was in the water 8-10 days before she was found, so it may be hard to tell.

I don't think so. She was in the water 8-10 days before she was found, so it may be hard to tell.

No, it wouldn't be hard to tell. A woman with a prior history of childbirth would have skeletal indicators that are easy for the forensic anthropologist to recognize.

No, it wouldn't be hard to tell. A woman with a prior history of childbirth would have skeletal indicators that are easy for the forensic anthropologist to recognize.

Carl, I can understand if the remains are skeletal that they can see the pelvic grooves but if the body is intact, would they be able to see them unless they specifically looked for them in an autopsy?

Carl, I can understand if the remains are skeletal that they can see the pelvic grooves but if the body is intact, would they be able to see them unless they specifically looked for them in an autopsy?

They would be able to see them in an x-ray.

Here is a Canadian who fits the description and timeframe:

Janette Brunet
JBrunet.jpg
2565752270045078242S600x600Q851-1.jpg

Nothing here though, to suggest how she would end up in Oklahoma from Ottawa.

Well as long as we're throwing Canadians into the mix, can't help but wonder about Lisa Jean Somerton. The distance is extraordinary. But, she's almost spot on with the height and hair color. She was thought to be on the run, and someone thought they had seen her in NC at one point, so who knows? She had 3 months to somehow wind up in Oklahoma. Odds are it's not her, but maybe worth a look? Doe Network lists no info on her dentals or anything about tattoos.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/722dfon.html

LSomerton1.jpg

If anyone reads this from the Tahlequah Area there will be a missing person seminar on Saturday, September 8, 9:30-12:30 p.m. at the Tahlequah Public Library in Tahlequah Oklahoma. Family members of the missing are invited to attend. There will info on NamUs, missing person cases and family members can donate DNA if they wish.

If anyone reads this from the Tahlequah Area there will be a missing person seminar on Saturday, September 8, 9:30-12:30 p.m. at the Tahlequah Public Library in Tahlequah Oklahoma. Family members of the missing are invited to attend. There will info on NamUs, missing person cases and family members can donate DNA if they wish.

there are THAT many missing persons from the Tahlequah area that they can sponsor a seminar and offer DNA tests? wow

I too, thought Lisa Jean could be a match I turned it in to the ME but she says she can't get a reply from Ottawa.

There are actually quite a few, I think about 4 or 5. Which is a lot since it is a small town.

then this explains why they are never matched if in fact they are deceased. no one is uploading them into the national databases.

147b9b35-5716-4a71-bf6a-291099a621cb_zpsrhw5xddc.png

http://www.tahlequahdailypress.com/...cle_d6d20bb4-c9b9-11e4-96af-af081eb858be.html

Authorities have identified the women whose body was found tied to concrete blocks in the river below Fort Gibson Dam in 1988... Daisy Doe now has a name: Jeanette Coleman, who would today be 57 years old...

Jeanette Coleman was from Bakersfield, Calif. She was a common-law wife of Charles Troy Coleman, who had been charged with killing Jeanette Coleman’s father in the late 1970s. He was tried, but never convicted, according to Chennault. But when Jeanette and Charles arrived in Muskogee County, they were arrested for a double-murder in 1979. Charges against Jeanette Coleman were dropped, and she ultimately testified against her common-law husband.

Charles Coleman eventually escaped custody but was captured and executed in 1990. He had been accused of at least three murders.

Here is the doe link:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/28ufok.html

when pasting doe links, the easiest way is to just type it out. It is always "http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/" + [case number in lower case] + ".html"

Just for my enlightenment; when sites like Doe don't give a cause of death, does that mean that it's unknown? Also, when an article of underwear isn't mentioned, does that mean she wasn't wearing any?

Just for my enlightenment; when sites like Doe don't give a cause of death, does that mean that it's unknown? Also, when an article of underwear isn't mentioned, does that mean she wasn't wearing any?

We can never presume anything based on the fact that it is not mentioned.

http://www.enidnews.com/news/new-da...cle_3e9eedae-c9c2-11e4-a66c-cb762cecea2b.html

Daisy Doe’s story went global, and has long been the one case that kept retired Cherokee County Investigator Jack Goss looking for answers...

Cherokee County Undersheriff Jason Chennault said he and Special Agent Vicky Lyons, of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, were recently preparing to make a presentation on the missing-person case when they started perusing old evidence. They then learned the state’s medical examiner had put the woman’s hands into “cold storage.” Using the OSBI’s new technology, which rehydrated the hands, new fingerprints were made, and they returned a hit in the computer system...

"Every investigator will have a case, that before they die, they want to see solved. This was my case,” said Goss. “At least to identify her. That was my whole objective in life.”

Was that woman ever even reported missing? I am glad the person has been identified, but sad that it seems no one was looking for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back