OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops.. When I reread the FB I realized I was wrong. I don't think it was a stalker ex----more of some bad family members or something. Just wanted to clear that up.

Also, Daryn clearly has many family members and he is really missed by them. And someone other than the GF has seen the cat, but apparently the cat hides when people come over so most people haven't seen it.

Trying not to let some of the "weirdness" affect my pitiful attempt to help Darraby. (and by "weirdness" I don't mean the furry lifestyle)

I'm not doubting his existence, just 75% of content.
Thru MTM we know he went to NY, didn't show up for work and his car was found. Those are about the only truths we know (other than a few pics of him being a furry, whatever that is), and his Dad and step-mom worrying along with other family members.
Most of the rest sounds fake. It's almost like we should go back to MTM's first posts and start over.
Some

Does anyone know a ball park figure for how much money Daryn has supposedly withdrawn from his bank accounts? I must have missed the discussion about the money.

ClaireNC, you said what I have been thinking, only much better than I could ever say it! Thank you.

wfgodot, any news updates or lack of news updates?

Does anyone know a ball park figure for how much money Daryn has supposedly withdrawn from his bank accounts? I must have missed the discussion about the money.

ClaireNC, you said what I have been thinking, only much better than I could ever say it! Thank you.

Not a thing, not a thing.

Days since DRC is last known to have been seen alive...................................18
Number of articles in OK MSM about the case...........................................0
Number of articles in Oregon MSM...............................................................2
Number of the Oregon articles not exact echoes of HRC sheriff's press release.....0

But apparently the roomate/matchmaker has been around Mystery Cat© enough to become friends, pet, and want it to come live with her...but can't or won't just say what color it is. :banghead:

The last "story" I believe we heard about why the roommate/matchmaker couldn't describe the cat is that she has fibromyalgia (sp). Although, I suffer for that, and memory loss isn't one of my symptoms...So, I just don't know...

I just don't know. If Daryn left on his own, I think I understand why.

Days since DRC is last known to have been seen alive...................................18
Number of articles in OK MSM about the case...........................................0
Number of articles in Oregon MSM...............................................................2
Number of the Oregon articles not exact echoes of HRC sheriff's press release.....0

I did see one post about DRC on Reddit, but it was days ago and only had one comment. It was posted by someone from the Furry community.
Does anyone here belong to Reddit who can *bump* it?

This is just sad...

Speaking of money, was it ever said, what he does for a living?

And I wonder what a lot of money is. I think it varries from person to person in different regions.

Last night while surfing the web I found Daryn's fraternity website. It probably isn't much help as he just was making a comment during a meeting, but just as another site his presence is shown I will post it.

http://www.outriangle.org/minutes.php?id=251

Cool! I posted this way early in the thread, and it's great to have a reminder and maybe it will be of help locating Daryn.....

Cool! I posted this way early in the thread, and it's great to have a reminder and maybe it will be of help locating Daryn.....

Missed that Treelights. Didn't mean to "repeat". FYI- just checked FB page (paraphrasing) comments say they have contacted fraternity and the fraternity sent email to all members.

I've been following quietly too. I've read every post in Daryn's thread, and unless I missed some posts that were deleted*, I never saw anything negative or unkind posted by anyone here. So I don't really understand the animosity towards WS. It's a little disheartening. We give our hearts, minds, and our free time to help total strangers...

Why don't we know anything about Gypsy? Why can't someone who has petted her numerous times say what color she is? Or if she has stripes, or anything besides she's not Siamese and she doesn't have long hair? I'm so confused by the Gypsy issue. She's an important piece of this puzzle, and we know nothing about her, or where she is.

Daryn is a unique looking guy, with a unique looking car. I can't believe there have been no sightings? I'm not even sure where to start looking, or how I can help... :(

*ETA... looks like maybe I missed something that happened yesterday... *sigh*

Missed that Treelights. Didn't mean to "repeat". FYI- just checked FB page (paraphrasing) comments say they have contacted fraternity and the fraternity sent email to all members.

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to repeat, to keep things fresh........... and I mean here on Websleuths, not FB. In My Opinion Only.....

Last night while surfing the web I found Daryn's fraternity website. It probably isn't much help as he just was making a comment during a meeting, but just as another site his presence is shown I will post it.

http://www.outriangle.org/minutes.php?id=251

I saw that on the Pipl page for Daryn also.
They have about 10 websites he could be associated with, but they are for the most part older associations (Early 2000's, college days).

What struck me was he was a member of a cardtrading website which had "groups" named after colors. He was a member of group "Burnt Orange" (this was back in 2003 IIRC).
Is there something about this color that has signifigance to Daryn?
His car- Burnt Orange. Maybe he associates it with Tigers?

Just musing......

I've been following quietly too. I've read every post in Daryn's thread, and unless I missed some posts that were deleted*, I never saw anything negative or unkind posted by anyone here. So I don't really understand the animosity towards WS. It's a little disheartening. We give our hearts, minds, and our free time to help total strangers...

Why don't we know anything about Gypsy? Why can't someone who has petted her numerous times say what color she is? Or if she has stripes, or anything besides she's not Siamese and she doesn't have long hair? I'm so confused by the Gypsy issue. She's an important piece of this puzzle, and we know nothing about her, or where she is.

Daryn is a unique looking guy, with a unique looking car. I can't believe there have been no sightings? I'm not even sure where to start looking, or how I can help... :(

*ETA... looks like maybe I missed something that happened yesterday... *sigh*

Maybe that's the thing....Maybe there's no Gypsy, the nomad cat!

I am caught up but nothing to say that has not been said. Hard to help if we don't know exactly who we are helping, or why. I am still curious about a few things, but without help or more information from family and friends... well, not much to do.

This whole thread started out and continues to be very odd.

Just to make it weirder and it probably means nothing... Tiger Pulse is a site about Clemson football and one of their colors is burnt orange. :rolleyes:

Only tiger and pulse connection I could find. :screwy:

Maybe that's the thing....Maybe there's no Gypsy, the nomad cat!

Who knows who's been eating out of those bowls and using the litter box.

Just sayin'...I've known some "interesting" people with odd lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74