OK OK - Daryn Collie, 32, Guthrie, 26 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
While looking through a lot of things on google it is occuring to me he could be a member on a LOT of gaming sites. It would be really helpful to know which ones he was into. If he is out there somewhere laying low, so to speak, he could possibly still be online at these places and go undetected (they all use alias').
I know this sounds basic, but these people communicate a lot, both through text, message boards and verbally (via voice chat and phone). I know because my son is into a lot of stuff like this.
Maybe the family would know of specific OGC's he frequented?
I suppose LE will know once they get into his laptop, I guess they know enough to "dig in".

Regarding Gypsy (another part that is making me crazy) I have two cats. If anyone besides my husband or I enters the house--even the driveway--they hide. My mom stayed over for a few days and they only came out at night and lurked around. She swears that I don't even have cats lol. So, I get why maybe no one can describe the cat. However, knowing Gypsy is just like my cats, there is no way that I would take her/him and leave her/him with someone else. They would completely freak out and it would be very hard on them :(

Personal Hink-a-Tron™ before yesterday:

......................x...............................................................
0................................................................................100

Personal Hink-a-Tron™ after yesterday:

......................................................x...............................
0................................................................................100

What happened? I missed it as I had to go to work soon after she got on. Is there a way to summarize for those that missed it? It makes it hard for me to know who/what to trust for info when I didn't see what happened.

Regarding Gypsy (another part that is making me crazy) I have two cats. If anyone besides my husband or I enters the house--even the driveway--they hide. My mom stayed over for a few days and they only came out at night and lurked around. She swears that I don't even have cats lol. So, I get why maybe no one can describe the cat. However, knowing Gypsy is just like my cats, there is no way that I would take her/him and leave her/him with someone else. They would completely freak out and it would be very hard on them :(

Except that his friend has seen her many times and even petted Gypsy...just can't remember what she looks like. :confused:

Here's the info I finally got...

Not a siamese.
Not longhaired.
Meows a lot.
Hides sometimes.

:banghead:

ETA: It's pretty darn weird when a fbook group set up to find a missing person deletes people and questions. Apparently my 2 cat questions were too intrusive. :confused:

What happened? I missed it as I had to go to work soon after she got on. Is there a way to summarize for those that missed it? It makes it hard for me to know who/what to trust for info when I didn't see what happened.
One of those "had to be there" things, actually.

Not sure why V. is so upset with us. It wasn't traumatic enough to keep her from staying for, oh, two hours, I guess. Answered all of my questions. While things might not add up completely - well, life isn't a jigsaw puzzle and, after the fact, the pieces don't all fit back together perfectly.

As she entered this site knowing she had to be verified as an expert poster and she didn't follow that process, she in fact entered it illegally according to TOS. That moved the Hink-a-Tron™ several notches in itself. Don't disrespect the venue and then complain later it was vice versa.

I'm still firmly set - if not as firmly as yesterday at 8 a.m. - in the "left voluntarily" camp. Best straight-line solution I think. Most who disappear do so voluntarily. Best explains the location of the vehicle. Occam's Razor's edge isn't dulled by adding ingredients which don't have to be there.

But....well, you just would have had to be here.

Except that his friend has seen her many times and even petted Gypsy...just can't remember what she looks like. :confused:

Here's the info I finally got...

Not a siamese.
Not longhaired.
Meows a lot.
Hides sometimes.

:banghead:

ETA: It's pretty darn weird when a fbook group set up to find a missing person deletes people and questions. Apparently my 2 cat questions were too intrusive. :confused:

color me silly, but the FIRST characteristic of a cat I was describing would be its color. From what has been shared here (from all of you hard work sleuthing around) it seems like this is a game or something.

PG - what you said about who has been eating from those cat bowls? I am starting to think along those lines too. IMO - maybe there is no real feline cat named Gypsy. Something else is going on here and until people are upfront and honest, those who want to help are at a loss. We are not here to judge, that is not what we are about here. A shame to feel that our VOLUNTEER time is wasted.

First name Daryn
Middle name Ray
Last name Collie
Nickname/Alias Darraby
Date last seen May 26, 2013 00:00
Age now 32 years old
Race White
Sex Male
Height (inches) 72.0 to 73.0
Weight (pounds) 250.0

^^Daryn Collie's car was found near Mt. Hood, OR on June 3, 2013
^^He also may use the online name Pulse

color me silly, but the FIRST characteristic of a cat I was describing would be its color. From what has been shared here (from all of you hard work sleuthing around) it seems like this is a game or something.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I have thought for quite awhile that somebody likes to play Games.........Ridiculous during a time when a person is missing. Is there a cat or isn't there a cat. It isn't even a Wild Goose Chase, It's a Wild Cat Chase!
If Daryn left on his own, I definitely understand why!!!! Craziness!!

Sat...5/18...................Muskogee Renaissance Festival ^
Sun...5/19..................Muskogee Renaissance Festival ^
Mon..5/20..................Muskogee –Skiatook -- Del City ^
...................2:56pm...Moore tornado, 7 miles from Del City
Tue...5/21..................OKC-NYC*
Wed..5/22..................NYC*
Thu...5/23..................NYC*
Timeline (Taken mainly from Steadfast)

Fri.....5/24..................NYC*
Sat...5/25...?..............NYC*
Sun...5/26...?.............Arrives at OKC airport
Sun...5/26...9:37pm...At Job Corps in Guthrie, OK, dropping off brother
M/T 5/27 and 5/28 Daryn misses work, his boss eventually calls Dad
Wed..5/29.................Missing person report filed with Guthrie LE by dad

Fri....5/31..................NAMUS entry created for Daryn

Mon..6/3....am..........Car spotted Hood River County, OR, on I-35 near the head of ZigZag trail.*

Thu...6/6.....?.............Car identified as Daryn's by LE

^FB info from JJ

First name Daryn
Middle name Ray
Last name Collie
Nickname/Alias Darraby
Date last seen May 26, 2013 00:00
Age now 32 years old
Race White
Sex Male
Height (inches) 72.0 to 73.0
Weight (pounds) 250.0

^^Daryn Collie's car was found near Mt. Hood, OR on June 3, 2013
^^He also may use the online name Pulse

Thank You for bringing us back on point and focusing on Daryn! :)

This thread is closed due to posts that were not about Daryn, but about people's posts on the internet. Because of the distraction, we are closing this thread until there is new news in his case. Please alert this post and let the mods know if there is new news.

If YOU have a tip regarding this case, please contact law enforcement immediately!

Daryn%20blank-001.jpg

http://www.flayrah.com/sites/default/files/u/Draconis/Daryn blank-001.jpg

According to the Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/FindDaryn/ his family recently met with Guthrie police, who believe that he is voluntarily missing.

Does the Guthrie police think that Daryn is voluntarily missing, or is it the family that believes he is voluntarily missing? Or both?
(The facebook page seems to be only visible if a person has an account to log into facebook, then they can view the page, I take it, with or without Liking the page, I assume?)

IMOO.

Glad to see this is back up. I saw the update on FB and was thinking about Daryn..

The famiy seems satisfied with the Guthrie PD response, whatever it may have been (other than to verify Daryn went missing voluntarily), so I suspect they know more than the FB post indicated, the PD perhaps having gone into more detail with them.

I still wonder who may have known his whereabouts all along, if anyone; am sure the family probably didn't.

Interesting. I am still quite curious at how far from home his car was located.

Interesting. I am still quite curious at how far from home his car was located.

I believe it was well over a thousand miles. Wfgodot probably knows more...

Glad to see this thread open! Thanks Mods!

The famiy seems satisfied with the Guthrie PD response, whatever it may have been (other than to verify Daryn went missing voluntarily), so I suspect they know more than the FB post indicated, the PD perhaps having gone into more detail with them.

I still wonder who may have known his whereabouts all along, if anyone; am sure the family probably didn't.

BBM1: Yes, I agree.

BBM2: I think that there may be someone who knew that he left voluntarily.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member