OK - Five Bever family members slain in their Broken Arrow home, 22 July 2015 *Guilty*

I hope it doesn't turn out one (or both) of these boys was sick and not getting proper treatment.

http://www.rhemabiblechurch.com/im-new/we-believe/expanded-beliefs
FWIW- It seems the 2 yr old got treatment or she probably would not have lived. MOO

"named for her daughter who she said had been born prematurely and had a 50 percent chance of survival. The nonprofit helps families of premature-born or ill children, she wrote in a post last month."

http://m.tulsaworld.com/news/crimew...331-2f18-563c-b958-b78aff254ba2.html?mode=jqm

So far everything I have read has says that the 18 year old has confessed. Has anything been released about a confession from the 16 year old?

So reminds me of Columbine or Lanza or Kip Kinkle or Adam S, who killed his parents and went to prom in NC... I think their spree would not have ended at home had they not been caught. IMO, it's not a drug thing but a cold, sociopath thing...IMO.

Maybe the 18 year old was kept 'protected/isolated' because they didn't trust him/his judgement?

Thanks. A lot of the comments are well worth reading through and especially the ones from the friend as I do think it gives a good perspective on this tragedy.

JMO
I think the sheltering and isolation that the children had to live with went too far to the extreme.

Whether someone is homeschooled or not , it is important IMO that children are allowed to mingle with their peers at least some of the time during developmental years. It serves some important functions in child development.
I know some parents who are homeschooling their kids and they have social events to make sure their kids get that exposure which I felt is great for them.

Being able to succeed and fail with various competitions with peers is one of those things that I feel is important. Whether it be extra curricular activities like sports OR work OR classroom competitions like tests where kids always ask each other how they did on tests OR simple unrelated competitions like "Lets see who can run to the end of the street Faster".

All of those types of peer competitions and just silly and fun stuff with peers helps children learn valuable lessons. Lessons that cannot really be learned elsewhere.

I think when there is too much isolation then the children are left to wonder in their own minds about all sorts of things and they have nobody to run their thoughts by. Because they will not discuss certain things with parents. No checks and balances for them. Nobody there to tell them...."No Silly, That is just crazy".

Their thoughts, minds, and development can go in very twisted ways and with nobody around them to ever help change their thinking and correct their mistakes they can convince themselves of horrible misdirections.

Because let us remember an important point. There are lots of things a child will never talk to their parents or teacher about. There are many important subjects that a child will never dare talk to their parents or teacher about but they will comfortably share those kinds of things with a peer.

Anwyay, I am not trying to put the blame solely on the parents because there could have been some valid mental disorders, however, IMO I do think the style the parents had of sheltering their children to the extreme could have contributed to this tragedy.

So sad. :(

But most kids were homeschooled or schooled in a very small insular school systems until after World War II. I find it hard to believe this has all come about from a method that most kids in America were educated by until 60 years ago.

Looking at both of their mugshots just gives me such a creepy feeling. I hate to sound all "judgey" but something is just off with them. They look a lot alike, of course the older boy has that smirk in both mugshots, and the younger one just looks odd. Not odd ugly, but creepy odd. kwim? I know this is such a subjective comment, but this whole situation has my stomach in knots.

What would motivate these two boys to act together? Drugs, mental illness, family situation, abuse....what else? I feel like I can discount the family situation and abuse, so that leaves (imo) drugs and/or mental illness. Since they acted together, what does that mean??? I know there are no answers, I guess I'm just thinking out loud.

Smirking mugshot of teen who stabbed his parents and three siblings to death revealed as police say 12-year-old brother died a hero by calling 911

Robert Bever, 18, and his brother, Michael Bever, 16, were arrested after the bodies of their parents and three siblings were discovered in their home

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, police said on Friday that Robert Bever has given them a full confession

Police visited the house after receiving a 911 call from 12-year-old Daniel Bever just before he died

He was found dead alongside his parents, David and April Bever, and his siblings, Christopher, 7, and Victoria, 5

Another daughter, 13-year-old Crystal, is in a serious condition in hospital, while her two-year-old sister Autumn was unharmed during the attack

All of the victims were stabbed to death, and police found knives, hatchets and other blades in the home

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rents-three-siblings-death.html#ixzz3h10gpnkb

I thought this was an interesting (if somewhat old) article: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-do-...hleen-heide-says-parents-are-mostly-to-blame/

This isn't to say I do blame the parents, btw. I'm not sure what I believe or think about this case at this point. If it were simply a case of abusive parents and kids who snapped, I struggle to believe they'd have killed their siblings as well. I also don't know that they'd be looking so happy and blissful in their mugshots.

I almost wonder if the church's beliefs might not be somehow linked (specifically, some of the things Hagin mentions re: demons and exorcisms). If one or both boys has any kind of mental disability or developmental disorder, how would those beliefs affect them? This is moo, however, and there is no indication of any such thing. I guess I'm just trying to find answers for something that is unimagineable -- to tie things up in a neat package, I suppose.

I don't understand if both boys are cooperating with police and they have given a full confession why don't the police know the motive?

Did something happen in the last couple of months for this family, because this just doesn't fit at all. Just being isolated does not make people crazy like this (and it doesn't even sound as if they were isolated and even if they were they still had each other, which is more than even many children have with no one that cares for them or interacts with them at all), if anything I've seen the opposite where children in highly populated areas with crowded schools have serious mental health issues compared to the people I've known that grew up in much more isolated communities with few if any children to interact with (or just their siblings) and they didn't even have the internet or cell phones to communicate and share with others. And that article about children killing their parents again just fits a completely different situation here, where the parents have no connection or caring for their children... these parents sound very involved, not just from what the mom indicates in all her postings but from what other outsiders have said and witnessed. It's just mind boggling.

I have been troubled about these murders.The question is why? for everything seemed well or was it really.I have poured over articles and facebook postings and still no clear answer.The neighbors claimed they were good parents and children were fine.I have learned you can't judge a book by it's cover.What did go on in that house,no one knows.A lot of people have said drugs,but drugs cost money.The mother seems to be very social and nurturing with lots of friend on Facebook,but the father on the other hand has only his immediate family as friends.He has been described as quiet and not very social at work.To stab and axe family members is personal and violent.It shows rage that goes beyond control.Could they have been years of physical or sexual abuse by the father? Maybe they killed the other family members because they were broken too.I don't know the answer,but these are my thoughts as of now.When I think of seclusion,I wonder what could they be hiding.

I have been troubled about these murders.The question is why? for everything seemed well or was it really.I have poured over articles and facebook postings and still no clear answer.The neighbors claimed they were good parents and children were fine.I have learned you can't judge a book by it's cover.What did go on in that house,no one knows.A lot of people have said drugs,but drugs cost money.The mother seems to be very social and nurturing with lots of friend on Facebook,but the father on the other hand has only his immediate family as friends.He has been described as quiet and not very social at work.To stab and axe family members is personal and violent.It shows rage that goes beyond control.Could they have been years of physical or sexual abuse by the father? Maybe they killed the other family members because they were broken too.I don't know the answer,but these are my thoughts as of now.When I think of seclusion,I wonder what could they be hiding.

If it is drugs it seems, imo, this would be such a drastic, unfathomable place to start. I would expect less drastic instances to occur first. Like kids who start doing drugs get arrested for stealing, or buying or selling, or are involved in domestic disturbances. I think there would be a lead up to something like this. There might still be something, maybe that's what's hiding.

Recently, when watching a crime documentary where a child killed his parents, the detective gave 3 reasons why kids murder their parents: a) because they're being abused; b) because the parents took away car privileges, allowance, cell phone, or grounded them, wouldn't let them do something they wanted to do, etc., and c) money (to inherit parents' estate).

I'm not sure any of those would be relevant because of the fact that these boys were planning to murder other people outside the family. I wonder if those boys were planning to go on a generalized killing spree (shooting random people) or if they had a hit list.

Recently, when watching a crime documentary where a child killed his parents, the detective gave 3 reasons why kids murder their parents: a) because they're being abused; b) because the parents took away car privileges, allowance, cell phone, or grounded them, wouldn't let them do something they wanted to do, etc., and c) money (to inherit parents' estate).

I'm not sure any of those would be relevant because of the fact that these boys were planning to murder other people outside the family. I wonder if those boys were planning to go on a generalized killing spree (shooting random people) or if they had a hit list.

I assume this is what they told police,to make them think that is was not just the family targeted.That would mean both boys are mentally disturbed.Don't believe it maybe they want police to think that to lead them away from the reason why they brutally stabbed their own family members.I guess they would take their knives on a killing spree and the axe where a gun would be waiting for them at the next stop.

The impression I'm getting is that the two planned further killings, evidenced by the box of ammunition due to arrive the day after the family killings and their own supposed statements to police.
At first I wondered if the family murders were somewhat religious based, like "we'll do away with the family so they can go to heaven and not have to see what we have planned." That sort of thing. There are religious/do good things on the boys internet pages. Warped as it is, could they have been thinking they were 'sparing the family' pain from their further plannings? But then I got to thinking that people don't murder those they are 'sparing pain' from with knives and hatchets.
Now I have the feeling that maybe the motive was something "far out", like Roman Polanski said right after the Tate murders.
I definitely think that the older brother was the impetus and the younger a recruit.

On another note, 1st post!

The impression I'm getting is that the two planned further killings, evidenced by the box of ammunition due to arrive the day after the family killings and their own supposed statements to police.
At first I wondered if the family murders were somewhat religious based, like "we'll do away with the family so they can go to heaven and not have to see what we have planned." That sort of thing. There are religious/do good things on the boys internet pages. Warped as it is, could they have been thinking they were 'sparing the family' pain from their further plannings? But then I got to thinking that people don't murder those they are 'sparing pain' from with knives and hatchets.
Now I have the feeling that maybe the motive was something "far out", like Roman Polanski said right after the Tate murders.
I definitely think that the older brother was the impetus and the younger a recruit.

On another note, 1st post!
Great first post! Welcome!!! Idk I can't get past that mug shot smirk. Jmo

ciao

From People: http://www.people.com/article/oklahoma-stabbings-robert-bever-has-given-full-confession-report

On Thursday evening, officials told KTUL that they had received a full confession from Robert Bever and said that he showed no remorse as he admitted to stabbing his mother, father and three younger siblings to death.

Authorities also told the station that Bever claimed the murders were "just the beginning" of a series of killings planned outside the family. The extent of these plans remains unclear.

All I can think is that maybe the brothers were caught doing something together for which they were incredibly ashamed or would get in trouble for so they were already 'partners in crime' so to speak and maybe even were going to be separated because of it, and maybe the other siblings witnessed or knew about it so they just felt they had to kill everyone so no one would know what they had done? I'm just struggling to understand how they could act together otherwise.

Has there ever been another case like this? Where siblings both worked together killing both their parents AND siblings so violently not coming from an extreme environment or having been brainwashed in a cult for political or religious reasons?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karimahlaksita
Back