OK OK - Girl Scout Murders, Lori Farmer, 8, Michelle Guse, 9, Doris Milner, 10, 1977

Status
Not open for further replies.
So very sad. Thank you for posting wfgodot. That clip really brought this crime to life for me. I have a 6 year old daughter who is a Girl Scout Daisy. Scary.

Now, after watching, I am convinced Hart did it.
It almost reminds me of the OJ case, where the towns people looked at his ethnicity and the thought that Hart was a good guy more than the truth and the evidence.
How could these people think he would/could never do anything to those girls after knowing about his criminal past which included Jail escape, rape and kidnapping?? Even if he had a partner in this crime, he should have been convicted.
It is quite maddening, for me at least,.... I'm sure people will disagree with me.

So very sad. Thank you for posting wfgodot. That clip really brought this crime to life for me. I have a 6 year old daughter who is a Girl Scout Daisy. Scary.

Now, after watching, I am convinced Hart did it.
It almost reminds me of the OJ case, where the towns people looked at his ethnicity and the thought that Hart was a good guy more than the truth and the evidence.
How could these people think he would/could never do anything to those girls after knowing about his criminal past which included Jail escape, rape and kidnapping?? Even if he had a partner in this crime, he should have been convicted.
It is quite maddening, for me at least,.... I'm sure people will disagree with me.

You're welcome! I was glad to find it and pass it along. We disagree on GLH - though he was a screw-up and I believe he was guilty of his earlier crimes, he had no history of harming children; if he had, the same Cherokee Nation which offered its support would have turned on him with rage.

New book revisits ‘Girl Scout Murders’ (Pryor Daily Times)

Soon a new book “Tent Number Eight” by attorney Gloyd McCoy, of Noble, will be released, revisiting the tragic summer and the trial that followed.
---
McCoy has strong feelings about the case. He thinks there were some “little peculiarities” that affected the judgment of those involved with the case. McCoy also leads readers through the evidence.

“I wanted people to understand why the jury voted the way they did,” McCoy said. “I went in with an open mind. I was surprised by the total lack of evidence the state had.”
---
The book is being published by Tate Publishing of Mustang. McCoy said it will be availabe online this week. A Pryor book signing is in the works for July.
more at link above

Today, by the way, is the 34th anniversary of the deaths of the Girl Scouts at Camp Scott, Locust Grove.

Filmmaker says he will solve the 1977 murders of three Girl Scouts (Tulsa World)
A former Tulsan says a film he’s planning will not “sensationalize” but rather solve the 1977 murders of three Girl Scouts in Mayes County, as he intends to identify the killer.

John Russell, who is the writer and director of the film, said he has the blessing of two of the three girls’ families on the project but no cooperation from law enforcement or the court system because “we’re going to name the actual killer, and it’s going to be an embarrassment to many people.

“We’re trying to put to bed the information that’s been out there for 34 years. We’re going to show who it was and that it was not Gene Hart. The person who fit the (crime) perfectly has never been investigated, and I think that people protected that person,” he said.
---
much more at Tulsa World link above

Today is the 34th anniversary of the brutal murders of three young Girl Scouts at Camp Scott, near Locust Grove OK. Two new announcements today regarding the case:

The film:

Filmmaker says he will solve the 1977 murders of three Girl Scouts (Tulsa World)
A former Tulsan says a film he’s planning will not “sensationalize” but rather solve the 1977 murders of three Girl Scouts in Mayes County, as he intends to identify the killer.

John Russell, who is the writer and director of the film, said he has the blessing of two of the three girls’ families on the project but no cooperation from law enforcement or the court system because “we’re going to name the actual killer, and it’s going to be an embarrassment to many people.

“We’re trying to put to bed the information that’s been out there for 34 years. We’re going to show who it was and that it was not Gene Hart. The person who fit the (crime) perfectly has never been investigated, and I think that people protected that person,” he said.
---
The book:

New book revisits 'Girl Scout Murders' (Pryor Daily Times)
Soon a new book “Tent Number Eight” by attorney Gloyd McCoy, of Noble, will be released, revisiting the tragic summer and the trial that followed.
---
McCoy has strong feelings about the case. He thinks there were some “little peculiarities” that affected the judgment of those involved with the case. McCoy also leads readers through the evidence.

“I wanted people to understand why the jury voted the way they did,” McCoy said. “I went in with an open mind. I was surprised by the total lack of evidence the state had.”
---

The WS Cold Cases link: Girl Scout Murders, 3 children 7, 8, 9 yrs old

This has always been one of the most frightening cases I ever came across.

ln a way, I'm pleased - many of us here in the area doubted that Gene Hart was the killer, and today's press releases suggest a solution may be possible. But, in the main, this story is a long nightmare of inexorable sorrow. It's almost impossible to be pleased about any aspect of this case, so many years later. In 1977 the killer slew innocence itself.

This is very sad.This is the one story and case I tried to look into about 4 years ago that I just couldn't.I've seen alot of cases.But this one scared me.So I did not look into.I will try to again to see what I think happened.Can any one lead me to a link with the evidence in this case?

This is very sad.This is the one story and case I tried to look into about 4 years ago that I just couldn't.I've seen alot of cases.But this one scared me.So I did not look into.I will try to again to see what I think happened.Can any one lead me to a link with the evidence in this case?

This is a pretty interesting site: http://girlscoutmurders.com/

Lots of info all over the web as this case always has had much interest.

This is a pretty interesting site: http://girlscoutmurders.com/

Lots of info all over the web as this case always has had much interest.
Thank you.I found this very interesting in the time line.

July 29 1977

A private security team looking after camp scott see's what they think is a person in the woods.After coming back from investigating they find a pair of Denise Milners shoes and socks,wet,in a bag on the steps of the camp directors house.

http://www.girlscoutmurders.com/TIMELINE3.html

I find this very strange.They first get note(s) saying 4 girls were going to be killed?and they did not shut the place down.Then little Denise Milners things were found at the camp directors house steps in a bag.Curious What do you think of that?Was his house right there at the camp site or some where else?I'm also curious why only little Denise Milners shoes and socks and not the other little girls?

OETA "Stateline" documentary looks back at the crime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74wzoxJ_vxM
http://www.girlscoutmurders.com/TIMELINE.html

It says here July 14 1977

It is published in the press that a tennis shoe print is found outside the tent and a different type print is found inside.Is this true?Were both prints in blood?Which print was 9 1/2 that didn't match Harts 11 1/2?What size were both shoe prints?

So far this is showing me there are two people.

I really hope he accomplishes what he says he will. I grew up in Oklahoma, and I was a teenager when this happened. I remember clear as day being at my relatives' house and hearing the shocking news reports on the TV. Mostly I remember the videos of the surviving campers being frantically loaded up on buses to return home.

I also, until fairly recently, took Hart's guilt for granted. It's only after educating myself about victimology did I start to think it's highly unlikely that a man with a record of raping adult women would suddenly target children, and in such a brutal manner.

I just hope and pray that the truth comes out, one way or the other.

Filmmaker Behind Movie About Oklahoma's Girl Scout Murders Has Criminal Past
http://www.news9.com/story/14993957/girl-scout-murder

Interesting that this 'film director' goes by the name John Russell in some articles, like the one on Fox News today:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...iller-behind-heinous-decades-old-girl-scouts/

and in other articles, including the one Mysteryiew linked above, he uses the name "John Russell Penn". I found a 2007 article about this terrible crime which I will link below. It is really interesting that someone by the name of 'John Penn' left a comment from 5/18/2011 about the crime. I would bet that the new movie "Candles" is going to claim the murderer was the individual mentioned in the comment. Here is the comment:

• John Penn 05/18/2011 Can anyone tell me (and by anyone, I mean law enforcement officials) why Karl Lee Myers was never considered a suspect in the Camp Scott murders? He was a child rapist and known killer in the Northeast Oklahoma area.
and here is a link to the article it was posted at:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/284515/the_oklahoma_girl_scout_murders.html?cat=37

Film planned about Girl Scout murders dredges up dark memories (Tulsa World)
---
"It doesn't concern me that he has a criminal past. Whoever comes up with the right information is very likely to have a very shady past," [Sheri Farmer, mother of one of the victims] said of [proposed filmmaker John Russell] Penn, who says the killer confessed to him while they were both incarcerated. Although he will not provide the name, Penn said the killer is alive today.
---
Stan Florence, director of the OSBI, recently spoke with Penn, said Jessica Brown, the agency's spokeswoman.

"(Penn) did provide Mr. Florence with some information that an agent is investigating," Brown said. She would not say if Penn had supplied the agency with the name of a suspect, but Penn said he gave Florence the name of the person who he believes committed the murders.
---
(much more at link above)

According to Penn, the true killer is a convicted rapist and murderer who currently sits on death row in Oklahoma

If this true I would think this guy would confess he has nothing left. He on death roll!
a list to death roll in OK...
http://www.doc.state.ok.us/offenders/deathrow.htm

DEATH ROW MONTHLY ROSTER

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...al-but-open-to-ex-cons-film-that-promises-to/

“I believe there is another way to get to the killer than a movie and I told the filmmaker I hoped he would explore those things and I would prefer a movie not be made,” Sheri Farmer, the mother of Lori Lee Farmer, told FoxNews.com exclusively. “But my husband and I are very interested in finding out the truth of what happened. I do not think we have the whole answer and somebody out there knows it. If there is someone involved who is not in prison they need to be and this movie could help,” she says.

Note: If you click on Lori Lee Farmer's picture at the link above there is a slide show of about 8 pictures of her. So heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves