GUILTY OK - Jeremey Lake, 19, fatally shot by off-duty Tulsa PD officer, 5 Aug 2014 *arrest*

Disciplinary Records Released for TPD officers

"Shannon Kepler, who is accused of shooting Lake and firing a gun at his daughter, has never been the subject of any disciplinary action, according to the Tulsa Police Department."

"Gina Kepler, however, has been suspended without pay on two occasions during her time on the force. In June 2012, the Gilcrease Division patrol officer was cited for a number of violations, including failing to respond to an alarm call and several orders to back another officer as well as remaining at home while on duty multiple times. The violations, which occurred during December 2011, resulted in a five-day suspension without pay.
In June 25, 2014, Gina Kepler was again suspended for five days without pay after she was found sleeping in the parking lot of the Gilcrease Division while on duty."
http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...jailed-in-daughters-boyfriends-shooting-death pub Aug 7, 2014

The vid clip atop the link details more about disciplinary actions against Gina.

(FYI: The phrase 'suspended without pay' link in quote does not work for me. DK why)

I have serious concerns about Lisa's credibility. She was extremely eager to speak to the media. She fake-cried the entire time. (I saw not one single tear shed, on matter how much she was "crying". Eyes never watered up, no signs of redness, puffiness, etc.) She had no interest in finding out her dad's side of the story or thought process before throwing him under the bus and telling the world he hopes she rots. She's been diagnosed with RAD, which should tell us all right off the bat that she's likely extremely manipulative and just uses people. (Not that it's her fault she got RAD, but it is what it is.) Her story changes. And the witness Josh's story seems inconsistent too.

I swear I read at least one article (or saw an interview) where Lisa claimed they were on the porch when her dad pulled up, but I can't find it now so maybe I'm imagining it.

What I HAVE gathered though are interviews and articles - some where Lisa expressly says her dad stayed in the car the entire time, others where she says he got out. Some where she claims to have not known who was in the car until she heard his voice, others where she claims to have approached the car because she recognized it. Some where she claims to have started to walk away from her dad as soon as he said "what the hell are you doing here?", others where she claims she tried to stop the shooting but then had to run and hide in a rosebush because he was shooting at her, too. Some where she says her dad was angry and yelling at her, some where she says he just rolled up and started shooting. Not once does she mention her mother being there or being involved, but she immediately wants her mother to rot in prison, too.

Josh guy claims Kepler started shooting at the house and that a bullet ricocheted off the house and grazed Jeremey's brother's arm. I'm not a gunshot wound expert, but the scrape does not look consistent with what I would expect a bullet graze to look like.
2unvfnq.jpg
Brother wasn't given any medical attention, which also seems very unlikely since police would want records of the scrape as evidence. Early reports were that Jeremey was shot in the back of the head, but Josh says he was shot in the chest and throat.

Jeremey's identity seems shaky too. By all accounts, he seems to have been a friendly guy who liked helping people. But some people claimed he volunteered at the homeless shelter, while the homeless shelter denies he's ever been a volunteer or employee. He's spent time in psychiatric hospitals for "anger problems" and time in a boys' shelter typically used for kids who are too problematic to maintain foster home placements.

Meanwhile, nobody has any dirt on Daddy Kepler at all. Even Lisa admits her parents have never been violent. Neighbors sing the Keplers' praises, saying Shannon had no 'other side' to him.

5oe3x2.jpg
What I want to know is: how did he find her there? Looking at the map, this is a house on the corner of multiple dead ends. Not somewhere you'd likely just drive by if you were looking for someone. GPS tracking on that cell phone Lisa won't put down? (Even though she had nothing and nobody - the reason the guy she'd known a week was her everything.) Probably not, or they would have found her whenever they first started "looking". (Why "look" if you have GPS?) Or did she call him and tell him where she was, which sounds more likely?

Lisa was quick to say the murder was definitely premeditated. Yet her parents didn't know Jeremey and probably didn't even know he existed, unless she'd told them. So that brings up two questions. 1) Why would she possibly think her dad planned a murder of someone he didn't know about? Doesn't make sense. or 2) What had she told her parents about him?

He's a cop. If he was going to set out to murder someone, he'd know how to do it and get away with it.

She just rubs me the wrong way. Sometimes she almost looks smug through her fake tears. She "happens" to show up while news media are at the house to talk to other relatives. I think she's eating all this attention up.

I agree she's odd, but in one of these news articles it stated she was adopted. I don't know for a fact but don't a lot of adopted kids have attachment disorder?

Regardless, I just have a question for the ones that questioning this case. Do you think that someone else shot Jeremy? Do you think the daughter shot him? And if you do believe the dad shot Jeremy, do you think there is an acceptable reason for him to shoot him?

Just trying to understand where some are coming from. Thanks.

I don't have an opinion but I guess it could be a couple of things.
A set up of parents
Parents taking the fall
I don't know.

I've been sitting on my hands, waiting for more info.

Bottom line for me: two men came face to face, one had a gun, the other one is dead. Did the daughter instigate that? Possibly, but it doesn't give the dad a pass.

Have you ever heard of one of those kids born without a conscience? I don't know the medical terminology, but I did know a girl once with such a disorder. The parents had to install locks on their own bedroom door to prevent the adopted child from killing them as they slept. The girl was in and out of various programs and hospitals with no relief. When you are turned down by every doctor or facility in the state, there is nowhere to go and no one to help such a child. Facilities refuse entry if there is a show of violence toward staff or other patients. If you do abandon the child prior to them being 18 years old, you will be charged for the abandonment and charged with child endangerment. (While we cannot openly discuss the victim in this case, this type of disorder can be discussed as long as we do not direct it at anyone in particular.)

Were these parents at their wit's end? Did they live with a nightmare for so many years and try everything under their power to fix things? Sure sounds like it to me after all I have read. Were they set up? Possibly.

Think of a scenario such as a phone call to Dad claiming a man was trying to traffic her or had raped her? Could a lie have been the reason he showed up in an aggressive state? We will have to wait until it all comes out about phone calls, texts, or other communications between them. I believe there will be some interesting things coming from her mother's perspective on what took place and why.

If she is telling the truth in the interview, the guy was armed with a knife in his pocket. Will it become a factor in this situation?

Have you ever heard of one of those kids born without a conscience? I don't know the medical terminology, but I did know a girl once with such a disorder. The parents had to install locks on their own bedroom door to prevent the adopted child from killing them as they slept. The girl was in and out of various programs and hospitals with no relief. When you are turned down by every doctor or facility in the state, there is nowhere to go and no one to help such a child. Facilities refuse entry if there is a show of violence toward staff or other patients. If you do abandon the child prior to them being 18 years old, you will be charged for the abandonment and charged with child endangerment. (While we cannot openly discuss the victim in this case, this type of disorder can be discussed as long as we do not direct it at anyone in particular.)

Were these parents at their wit's end? Did they live with a nightmare for so many years and try everything under their power to fix things? Sure sounds like it to me after all I have read. Were they set up? Possibly.

Think of a scenario such as a phone call to Dad claiming a man was trying to traffic her or had raped her? Could a lie have been the reason he showed up in an aggressive state? We will have to wait until it all comes out about phone calls, texts, or other communications between them. I believe there will be some interesting things coming from her mother's perspective on what took place and why.

If she is telling the truth in the interview, the guy was armed with a knife in his pocket. Will it become a factor in this situation?

Hey SS :blowkiss: Long time no see!

Yes, I definitely think they were at their wits end with her. They kicked her out of the house the week before and even drove her to the homeless shelter themselves.

If she did call her mom and dad and claimed Jeremy was doing something like, I would expect that they had probably been lied to by her so much in the past, so I wonder if they would even believe what she said. Kind of like the boy that cried wolf.

She IS a bizarre chick though and something is not right with her.

And I do wonder about the knife she said Jeremy had. Did he really have one? If he did, it was no match for loaded firearm.

It reminds me of that saying, "You don't bring a knife to a gun fight." I'm looking forward to some additional info.

My husband carries a knife in his pocket every day. So does my son, so does my brother, so did my dad. Par for the course in this part of the country. There's a big difference between having a knife in your pocket and brandishing a knife, and so far I've heard nothing about Jeremey doing any brandishing.

It sounds like there was some kind of dysfunctional dynamic going on in the Kepler family, and Jeremey had the misfortune of stepping right into the middle of it.

I agree about a standard pocket knife around OK and other parts. Not sure it is what we are talking about tho. I haven't heard LE mention it or anyone except her. I would like to know what type of knife and if it was out at any time during the shooting.

Yes, definitely an odd dynamic going on with them. But it sounds centered around dysfunctional children not the adults.

I feel for the family and friends of the young man caught up in all of this. For them, there is no answer as to why this happened. Sad all the way around.

OT: Nice seeing you again, Lovejac! Hugs~

Yes, definitely an odd dynamic going on with them. But it sounds centered around dysfunctional children not the adults.

Snipped by me... I say the adults are right in there... taking the daughter to the homeless shelter then gunning down her new boyfriend a week later sounds dysfunctional.

This is one amazing story, imo.

Finding myself not to be a fan of the father or the mother right now - taking an 18 year-old female child to a shelter is the equivalent of telling her 'you are now on your own'. So why follow her a short time later, with a loaded firearm? It's my opinion, at the moment, the parents wanted their cake and to eat it to.

An 18 year-old is an adult prepared to make good decisions at all times? Pleeeeeeease. In the eyes of the law only. And I don't see how she broke any laws. She can be manipulating, a serious b or whatever else she may choose to be - she has that right in the good old US of A. Here in Canada to. Who cares if it doesn't work for them down the road, it's that persons problem.

Looking forward to learning who the perpetrator of the domestic violence was. If it wasn't mom, did she stand by and watch? Her professional record shows she failed to respond to calls to back up another officer. Not a fan.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...allegedly-murdered-by-off-duty-police-officer

A funeral will take place on Wednesday for 19-year-old Jeremey Lake, who was shot by an off-duty Tulsa police officer on Tuesday.

The funeral will take place at Dawson Free Will Baptist Church on N Darlington Pl at 10:30 a.m.

http://www.newson6.com/story/262535...ctions-of-one-shouldnt-taint-whole-department

“The officer was off duty, he did not use his service weapon, he did not use a police car; this was all about his family, not about him being a police officer," Jordan said...

“Very reliable, very even tempered and I've made calls with Shannon. That he would be named as a suspect came as a big surprise to me,” Jordan said. “I've searched my brain to see what could we have done, and if people keep things like this in their family, there's not much you can do to spot something like this.”

http://newsok.com/arraignments-reset-in-tulsa-officers-shooting-case/article/5168815

Arraignments have been rescheduled for two married Tulsa police officers arrested last week in connection with the off-duty fatal shooting of a 19-year-old man who was walking with their adopted daughter.

Shannon Kepler and Gina Kepler will be arraigned Aug. 19. They had been scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday.

Justice for Jeremey FB page: https://www.facebook.com/justiceforjeremey

Snipped by me... I say the adults are right in there... taking the daughter to the homeless shelter then gunning down her new boyfriend a week later sounds dysfunctional.
If you ever knew someone with a child totally out of control for years, you could begin to imagine how the homeless shelter became an option (not the best option, but maybe it was the last one they had).

The dad could have snapped. Not that it is an excuse to carry a loaded firearm and hunt down the daughter, but I don't think we will find later it was his intention to go kill either one. Still sounds to me like he was at his wit's end.

Family & Friends Gather For Shooting Victim's Funeral

It was an emotional service for family and friends who say lake was always ready to help someone in need.

"We want to remember him for the wonderful things he did, the ways he made us laugh, he loved people, he reached out to those that nobody would give a second glance to" said Lake's aunt, Pam Wilkins.

http://www.ktul.com/story/26273678/family-friends-gather-for-shooting-victims-funeral

I agree she's odd, but in one of these news articles it stated she was adopted. I don't know for a fact but don't a lot of adopted kids have attachment disorder?

Regardless, I just have a question for the ones that questioning this case. Do you think that someone else shot Jeremy? Do you think the daughter shot him? And if you do believe the dad shot Jeremy, do you think there is an acceptable reason for him to shoot him?

Just trying to understand where some are coming from. Thanks.

It's been confirmed that she has Reactive Attachment Disorder. Some of the classic signs of RAD are lack of a conscience and superficial charm.

It got snipped by mods because I quoted facebook, but what I'd quoted was a comment left by one of the Keplers' neighbors saying she knew the family well and had helped with Lisa's childcare and that she suspected Lisa somehow set this all in motion.

I've had a lot of time to speculate (which is all this is), but here's where my brain has gone:

Let's say Lisa's parents have had their fill of her and dropped her off at the shelter. Obviously, they are taking the "tough love" route. So if Lisa called saying she wanted to come home, they'd probably continue the tough love approach. If your parents are giving you the cold shoulder, what's the best way to make Daddy give up on the "tough love" approach and come running? By telling him you're in danger or that someone has been hurting you or is trying to hurt you. It's impossible that he "followed" her there. If you look at the map, to get where they were from Guthrie Green, they crossed lawns and bike paths and went under that bridge, which is a dead end. He could NOT have followed her in a car. It seems highly unlikely he would have just stumbled upon her there, even if he was driving around looking for her. (Found her there in that obscure portion of a neighborhood, but wasn't able to find her at Guthrie Green shortly before then? Give me a break.) She had to tell him where to find her - it makes the most sense. And she had to have told him something that would make him drop the tough love act.

His lawyer is quoted as saying he has a "viable, if not perfect, defense". Stories are conflicted about how much contact Lisa had with her Dad before Jeremey walked up to her dad. At least some of them say she walked up to the window and talked to her dad for a few seconds before Jeremey walked up. We know nothing of what Lisa said to her dad. In fact, the only witness to anything that was said is Lisa. What if she went up to the car and whispered "He has a gun to my back" to her dad? Or "Leave now or else he'll kill you"? Her motivation in getting her dad's attention and feeling like he cares about her seems to trump his motivation of... absolutely nothing... and trumps it by a long shot. If Kepler honestly believed either his own life or Lisa's life was being threatened by Jeremey, that would be a viable defense and could be what his lawyer is talking about.

Meanwhile, Lisa didn't bother going to the vigil held outside Jeremey's house (even though she managed to show up for TV crews quite a bit), and she didn't go to the funeral either. I was watching the Channel 2 news and on air that said that several family members were mad that she wasn't there. She got her 15 minutes, and now she's out. People probably started asking too many questions.

With all due respect, as an outsider - daddy dropped his daughter off at a shelter, days if not a week before the shooting. He should have had the peace and quiet he may have been looking for.

A fb photo and notice shows up that said daughter is now hooked up with a new guy, instead of being in the shelter.

Daddy (a cop who could have easily tracked down the address of new bf) shows up with his personal firearm, loaded, and shoots the guy. The shooting is not in dispute.

There is a defense to this? Daddy was not a security officer of the area, as far as I can tell. Daddy was not on duty looking for the decedent as a perp in a crime, as far as I can tell. But daddy shoots the guy after the daughter walks up to the car and whispers something in his ear?

Not gonna fly, imo. At least I hope not - that would give everyone the right to walk up to someone and shoot them on a maybe, or she said situation.

Not really sure what Lisa's actions or inactions will have to do with daddy's actions of shooting someone that apparently pissed him off. Daddy had a duty to know better, along with expensive training than most people. Daddy should have been enjoying a beer and or a nice dinner in peace and quiet.

Jmo.

With all due respect, as an outsider - daddy dropped his daughter off at a shelter, days if not a week before the shooting. He should have had the peace and quiet he may have been looking for.

A fb photo and notice shows up that said daughter is now hooked up with a new guy, instead of being in the shelter.

Daddy (a cop who could have easily tracked down the address of new bf) shows up with his personal firearm, loaded, and shoots the guy. The shooting is not in dispute.

There is a defense to this? Daddy was not a security officer of the area, as far as I can tell. Daddy was not on duty looking for the decedent as a perp in a crime, as far as I can tell. But daddy shoots the guy after the daughter walks up to the car and whispers something in his ear?

Not gonna fly, imo. At least I hope not - that would give everyone the right to walk up to someone and shoot them on a maybe, or she said situation.

Not really sure what Lisa's actions or inactions will have to do with daddy's actions of shooting someone that apparently pissed him off. Daddy had a duty to know better, along with expensive training than most people. Daddy should have been enjoying a beer and or a nice dinner in peace and quiet.

Jmo.

The problem with your theory is that it completely discounts all the character testimony. People love a good drama and think with their emotions because they WANT the girl to be the innocent victim. Logic says otherwise. My theory is in line with what has been reported about their characters and by the attorney. Yours is not. How do you explain that sudden shift? What would be the motivation for shooting the boyfriend? Your theory is based on an emotional appeal and not logic. What defense do you speculate the attorney is referring to? You don't see lawyers saying there is a defense so early in the game vey often. It throws off their element of surprise and leaves big shoes to fill. If he says there's a defense, I believe he believes there is a defense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back