OK - Jody Rilee Wilson, 23, murdered, Wister, 5 May 2009 *Arrests*

Killings on the rise in Le Flore County

BY RON JACKSON
Published: June 11, 2009

POTEAU — Six homicide cases have crossed the paths of Le Flore County authorities since Jan. 1, leaving many mystified and disturbed by the rash of killings in a relatively tranquil county of less than 50,000 people.

"Le Flore County is a pretty nice, quiet place to live,” said Jeff Smith, district attorney.

"This is highly unusual to have this many deaths. On average, we’ve had one or two homicides a year — maybe.”

Researchers would have to go back to 2002 when Le Flore County officials last handled six homicide cases, Smith said. Yet officials saw that total matched June 1 with the shooting death of a Cameron man during a neighborhood squabble

http://newsok.com/killings-on-the-rise-in-le-flore-county/article/3376793

There is a missing Texas teacher who is presumed dead and the tolltag of the man arrested shows he might have driven to Oklahoma. FWIW

WOW, I am impressed Texaslb! WS does have a masterful group of posters when it comes to working cases of the missing. I hope this body being found brings closure to some dear family who has been going thru he!!.

Here I'm learning how bad my geography is, my eyes staring the map down, realizing that OK abuts Arkansas. To me they are two totally different worlds, but mayby not really :rolleyes:

xox

Barry Ruth, owner of the 24-hour Pig Out Palace in Henryatta, said it's not unusual for people to leave cars in his lot for long periods of time. It's situated off Route 40, an interstate highway that crosses Oklahoma on its way to Texas and New Mexico. He said he finally called a tow truck to remove the car, which he said was unlocked with keys still in the ignition. Police took possession of it on June 12

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20090803/COMMUNITIES/90730074/1005/NEWS01

BBM..So the vehicle was unlocked with the keys still in the ignition..hmm
Looks like someone was hoping for it to be stolen.It would also seem to me that the person who left the vehicle there might be familiar in that vehicles got left here for long periods of time. I wonder if Bo ever lived in Henryatta, OK.
JMO..

It's too early to be sure, but signs seem to be pointing to Bo being involved in this crime. Innocent until proven guilty for sure, but between the signs that seem to be pointing to him as the culprit and gut feeling makes me not have too good of an outlook on this.

Sad, I was looking at her Myspace page and by the looks of things, she absolutely adored Bo.

I have a concern in that this town, is so small and the police force is as well. I know they have brought in some outside help I can only hope that there is no " good ole boy " problem. I do not know how long DH has lived there but I would have a concern for this happening just because of the size of the community...JMO

It seems odd that DH really has not spoke to the media and declines to that I can see. Right now with what has been put out so far for this case, it would be moo that things are pointing to the husband at this point. JMO..

I guess I should not be so impatient as it has only been 3 months and I know things take a while to evaluate in forensic's.

Oklahoma slaying prompts N.J. letter

Published: September 24, 2009

WASHINGTON — A New Jersey congressman has asked Rep. Dan Boren to help find out why autopsy results still haven’t been released for a woman found dead in May at a state park in Oklahoma.

Rep. Rodney P. Frelinghuysen, a Republican, sent a letter to Boren this week in regard to the case of Jody Nicole Rilee Wilson, whose body was found May 8 in Heavener Runestone State Park. At the time of her death, Wilson lived in Wister with her husband, Donald, and infant daughter.

The woman’s parents live in New Jersey. She was 23 when she died. Her car was found weeks later off Interstate 40 in Henryetta.

In his letter, Frelinghuysen said toxicology results came back negative but that autopsy results have been pending for more than four months.

"Although the Rilee family will always grieve for their daughter, learning of the reason for her death would certainly help them find closure,” Frelinghuysen wrote in asking Boren to contact Oklahoma authorities.

Boren, D-Muskogee, said Wednesday that he planned to look into the matter.

Cherokee Ballard, spokeswoman for the state medical examiner’s office, said Wednesday that autopsy results were pending but that the doctor hoped to complete his work within the next two weeks

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-slaying-prompts-n.j.-letter/article/3403471#ixzz0S8quxu6G

Latest Murder One of Several in Eastern Oklahoma
Investigations still ongoing into deaths of a local bartender, and a local mother

Russell Jones Reporter
September 24, 2009

SEQUOYAH CO., Okla. - Investigators with the Sequoyah County Sheriff's Office have been working almost non-stop since Wednesday in the murder of Shannon Southern.

The 20-year-old Muldrow resident had been found dead in his house Tuesday morning by emergency crews, after a fire burned the home to the ground. The next day, word came down from the medical examiner's office that Southern hadn't died from the fire: he had been killed before it happened.

"We're trying to get with everybody he had contact with 48 hours before the fire, talking to friends and family and coworkers," said Sequoyah County Sheriff Ron Lockhart

Authorities have also been sifting through debris at Southern's home for clues. Sheriff Lockhart said Thursday that they have located several items that need further investigation.

"Everything that we've collected and recovered will be sent to the State Crime Lab for analysis and hopefully we'll get something back," he said.

Southern's murder is just one of several deaths being investigated out of eastern Oklahoma. The Le Flore County Sheriff's Office is still looking for leads in the murder of a Poteau bartender, Joe Neff, and the suspicious death of local mother, Jodi Rilee-Wilson, months after they were found.

http://www.kfsm.com/news/kfsm-news-murder-investigations-oklahoma,0,4165016.story

Report likely next week in Roxbury woman's death in Oklahoma

BY MATT MANOCHIO • STAFF WRITER • September 25, 2009

An Oklahoma congressman contacted by U.S. Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen to see if the Midwestern lawmaker could help expedite the investigation into a Roxbury native's suspicious death in May said a full medical examiner's report will be available within a week.

Frelinghuysen, R-Harding, earlier this week wrote to U.S. Rep. Dan Boren, a Democrat who represents Oklahoma's second district, where the body of Jody Rilee-Wilson, 23, was found May 8 in a forested, mountainous area near Heavener Runestone State Park.

"Congressman Frelinghuysen has a strong commitment to serving his constituents and contacted me to determine if I could assist him in any way," Boren said in a statement released through his office. "I've spoken with the Oklahoma Medical Examiners office and they have indicated that a full report will be issued in a week or so."

Rilee-Wilson, the daughter of Roxbury's Deputy Mayor Jim Rilee, graduated Roxbury High School in 2003 and was living in Wister, Okla., at the time of her death. She'd recently given birth to a daughter

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/...ext+week+in+Roxbury+woman+s+death+in+Oklahoma

Snipped by me.
I cant say I blame her father for trying to push this along for some answers. Going to the FBI was a good idea, seems to have pushed them to move a little faster.
Time is valuable, until they know what she died from they really don't know exactly what they are looking for. The crime scene by now could be totally cleaned up and things disposed of better...
I pray for Jodi's family and I check on updates daily, I am so glad there is some movement.
Justice For Jodi !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Rilee said he knows Oklahoma officials are trying their best to deduce what happened to his daughter, but said he felt it best to contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation to see if it could help. Rilee said he doesn't know whether the FBI has gotten involved.

"I'm sure the (Oklahoma) agents are doing what they can, but I'm not sure the most thorough job is being completed," Rilee said. "I thought it was best to ask the FBI to get involved."

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/...ext+week+in+Roxbury+woman+s+death+in+Oklahoma

After autopsy, cause of Roxbury woman's death remains a mystery
By Abbott Koloff • Staff Writer • October 1, 2009

Five months after Jody Rilee-Wilson’s body was found on an Oklahoma mountaintop, a medical examiner determined she was dragged into the woods after she died, but has been unable to determine cause of death.

An Oklahoma State Medical Examiner’s report released Thursday said the former Roxbury resident’s body was badly decomposed, which may have masked injuries that went undetected in the autopsy. The report says that Rilee-Wilson suffered abrasions to her back and a leg contusion, apparently caused when she was dragged 35 feet from a logging road into the woods.

The report was issued one week after U.S. Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen, R-Harding, got involved in the case, writing a letter to an Oklahoma legislator to ask for help in expediting the matter. Delays in the case apparently had been caused at least partly by difficulties working with a decomposed body

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20091001/UPDATES01/91001038

Oklahoma autopsy of former Roxbury woman inconclusive
By Dan Goldberg/For The Star-Ledger
October 01, 2009, 6:01PM

ROXBURY -- Jody Rilee-Wilson appears to have already been dead when she was dragged into the woods, according to the results of an autopsy on the former Roxbury resident.

The color and content of the abrasions on her leg and back told medical examiners that much.

Her body, however, was too decomposed to deduce much else, according to a report released today by the Oklahoma medical examiner’s office.

“Ultimately, no significant life threatening injuries or disease processes were identified,” the report stated. “The manner of death could not be determined.”

Rilee-Wilson, Roxbury High School graduate and daughter of deputy mayor Jim Rilee, died in early May. Her body was discovered in the woods near Poteau Mountain, approximately nine miles from her home in Wister, Okla. which borders Kansas.

“Much of what was in there, I already knew,” Jim Rilee said. “I’m very upset with this.”

Rilee asked the FBI to look into the case because he believes his daughter’s death was not receiving the attention it deserved.

“This case has taken no priority,” Rilee said. “It seems to have gotten very little attention.”

Rilee said he was also distraught over how his daughter’s body was handled when it was initially discovered. He said Oklahoma authorities placed brown paper bags over her hands, a common practice to preserve evidence, but the bags were torn and wet when she reached the medical examiner’s office

http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2009/10/oklahoma_autopsy_of_former_rox.html

There is a video in this article with her parents.....

Autopsy Results Inconclusive: Woman's Cause of Death 'Unknown'

POTEAU - A New Jersey couple is still searching for answers five months after their daughter's badly decomposed body was discovered on Poteau Mountain near Heavener, Oklahoma.

5NEWS spoke with them about the autopsy results and the next step.

The Rilee's were in Poteau to learn more about their daughter's death and to see their grandaughter. Five months after Jody Rilee-Wilson's body was found, they feel as though they're back at the beginning.

"To have to sit on our hands and wait for a report to come back to confirm what we already knew was very frustrating," Stacey Rilee told 5NEWS.

The Rilee's say the autopsy report reveals that Jody did not do this to herself. Still, there were no obvious injuries and the toxicology results only showed trace amounts of anti-anxiety drugs. In the end, the medical examiner could not determine a cause or manner of death. Law enforcement still classifies it as suspicious.

The couple expressed confidence in local and state law enforcement, but say they're frustrated by the lack of personnel committed to the case.

"We're hoping higher authorities whether it be the FBI get involved or something along those lines to bring these resources to the table," Jody's father, Jim said.

And if that doesn't happen, the couple could consider hiring their own investigator.

"We don't have unlimited resources but we can certainly get the ball rolling. We've actually had friends offer to help raise money for just that," Jim explained.

He says it's hard to be happy. Even if he wants to be, he feels guilty. His wife says she too is slowly learning to live again.

"I don't feel guilty smiling," Stacey said. "If anything, I mean my daughter had a terrific smile. It doesn't hurt me to laugh."

In the end, they are a mother and a father seeking justice for their daughter.

"The community needs to know not just this murder but the others that have happened in this community…these people are walking amongst them," Jim warned.

http://www.kfsm.com/news/kfsm-news-rv-jody-rilee-wilson-parents-autopsy,0,3898244.story

This case does not set well with me...The family leaving her home and going to a funeral and not seeming to be as involved as her own parents is hinky. I'd like to know how Jodi felt about not going on the trip with everyone else...Was this something she insisted upon? If not, I think its a huge red flag.

Sounds like a classic case of postpartum depression or her hormones were wacky with pregnancy; they were young, probably at each others throats. Don't doubt she was sleep deprived.

I'm not saying it negatively against her but I've been a young parent before; it's not easy. add to it she wasn't near her parents.

not sure if there was foul play with the hubby. It's not looking that way since there appears to be other deaths. If he left with the baby when they were fighting he may not have called her; and if that's the case, he's feeling really bad right now.

Glad they were able to ID the body.
Sorry her baby has to grow up without a mother.

I just don't understand how Jody's body could be "badly decomposed" if she was only missing for 3 days!

Her mother spoke with her on May 4th. So we know she was alive then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back