OK OK - Lauria Bible, 16, & Ashley Freeman, 16, Welch, 30 December 1999 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will there be a new effort to search pits and mine shafts for the girls? Can Texas Equusearch be brought in for that type of search?

Doubtful . The superfund sight is toxic . And very dangerous to navigate .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...reportedly-bragged-about-abducting-teens/amp/

OKLAHOMA CITY — Suspects in the 1999 shooting deaths of an Oklahoma couple and the abduction of their 16-year-old daughter and her friend “bragged” about photographing the girls while they were bound, according to a court affidavit that outlines accusations against the only suspect who’s still alive.

The affidavit cites an interview with an unnamed witness who said Ronnie Dean Busick “started running his mouth” about his involvement in the slayings and kidnappings, and that the girls “were kept alive for several days” while tied up, raped and tortured in a mobile home in northeastern Oklahoma.

Busick, 66, was charged Monday with four counts of first-degree murder, two counts of kidnapping and one count of first-degree arson in the killing of Danny and Kathy Freeman of Craig County, and the disappearance of teenagers Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman.

(modsnip)

Watching this case over the years, thinking it was several serial killers, or whatever would pop in peoples minds...... they supposedly finally found the person that committed the crime......its been a long road for the living parents & other relatives.

Sick how cops were sitting on all this information & could have gotten to the girls before they were murdered........I wonder if the Bibles can file a lawsuit against the police department, it seems they deliberately suppressed evidence.

What is it with Welch and Pennington being so freaking religious???? They got religion but didn't come clean about this horrendous deed? http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagel...cle_0a07fa47-385c-57c0-b337-c838f8ff4450.html https://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/guestbook/3192672?fh_id=10680

Oh please, spare me. I did get a good laugh in, though.
Religion is what happens when God leaves the room. JMO. In other words, it's just a word, no more no less, and strictly my opinion.

Rest In Peace, Lauria Bible :angel: Rest In Peace, Ashley Freeman :angel:
Y'all solved your own crime, if ya believe they are the ones who tossed the insurance card.
Too bad LE was incapable or did not want this case solved for whatever reason. You be the judge, but it's solved now 19 long years later.
Heads should roll and keep rolling.

Witnesses, in my opinion should be held accountable for what they DID NOT DO, but should have done anonymously, for crying out loud.
What, did these 3 beasts have y'all on a string? Were you their puppets? Looks like it!

Shalom

I don't say this often but I think the Bibles DO have a lawsuit on their hands. This information has been sat on for 18 years. LE dropped the ball every step of the way (they literally stepped over a dead body). I feel so sorry for them. They did nothing wrong, just sent their kid to spend the night with her BFF.

Hello Salina KS! It's been years.

Agreed on thinking outside the box but OSBI sadly can't even find the box.

I pray that this case will be solved within her family's lifetime.

Just going to bring this comment forward. They literally couldn't find the box. Geeze.

Regardless of what Danny and Kathy may have been involved in Lauria and Ashley were INNOCENT, good students, and responsible young ladies. THEY are the victims here!!!

Anyone could have anonymously turned over those photos. Why didn’t they? Why did NO ONE (of the MANY who knew) try to help these girls while they were still alive? Scared? Why not come forward in 2007 when the “mastermind” died? Afraid of his ghost???

They may not have trusted law enforcement for a reason; but, there’s absolutely NO EXCUSE for not anonymously passing along info to Lauria’a parents!!! The whole damn town knew bits and pieces if not every minute detail; so, how would those responsible know WHO tipped them off??? They BRAGGED and held “show & tell sessions” for anyone who would listen?!?!

What involvement or knowledge did the previous sheriff possess? You don’t hide vital records in a crate and refuse to accept PI information unless you know what happened, had something to hide, or were protecting someone.

Ridiculous. Shameful, and (in my eyes) CRIMINAL!!!

Regardless of what Danny and Kathy may have been involved in Lauria and Ashley were INNOCENT, good students, and responsible young ladies. THEY are the victims here!!!

Anyone could have anonymously turned over those photos. Why didn’t they? Why did NO ONE (of the MANY who knew) try to help these girls while they were still alive? Scared? Why not come forward in 2007 when the “mastermind” died? Afraid of his ghost???

They may not have trusted law enforcement for a reason; but, there’s absolutely NO EXCUSE for not anonymously passing along info to Lauria’a parents!!! The whole damn town knew bits and pieces if not every minute detail; so, how would those responsible know WHO tipped them off??? They BRAGGED and held “show & tell sessions” for anyone who would listen?!?!

What involvement or knowledge did the previous sheriff possess? You don’t hide vital records in a crate and refuse to accept PI information unless you know what happened, had something to hide, or were protecting someone.

Ridiculous. Shameful, and (in my eyes) CRIMINAL!!!

Among all of them , the other young lady that was suposed to spend the night that night and has continuously thanked the boyfriend for saving her life , that's the one that gets me IT LITERALLY COULD HAVE BEEN HER TOO!!!!!

I don't say this often but I think the Bibles DO have a lawsuit on their hands. This information has been sat on for 18 years. LE dropped the ball every step of the way (they literally stepped over a dead body). I feel so sorry for them. They did nothing wrong, just sent their kid to spend the night with her BFF.

Yes mtnlites, they do have a case and I pray they bring forth the lawsuit and when the Bibles win said lawsuit, they should OWN the Craig county Sheriffs Dept.

I would love to be the fly on the wall...

Among all of them , the other young lady that was suposed to spend the night that night and has continuously thanked the boyfriend for saving her life , that's the one that gets me IT LITERALLY COULD HAVE BEEN HER TOO!!!!!

This bothers me as well. DId her boyfriend have prior knowledge that led him to invite her to his house to “save her life”?

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagel...cle_c6c0f74b-34c6-5784-8709-68665c51a99d.html

[FONT=&amp]“I was on these guys the first couple of weeks. I was in Chetopa, Kansas, and called the former OSBI agent on the case and told him, ‘You’ve got to come up here.’ He totally dismissed it. He said he was on to some people in the Bluejacket, Timber Hill area,” Dwayne Vancil said.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“This case was grossly mishandled by previous law enforcement, and there’s no reason this shouldn’t have been solved within a matter of weeks. We potentially had the opportunity to get the girls back alive — that’s the real tragedy.”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“I believe there should be some type of accountability — I’m not sure what, and I’m not sure if it was incompetence or covered up. That’s what it feels like this could be,” he said. “Someone should come and investigate it and see why this was so grossly mishandled.”[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagel...cle_c6c0f74b-34c6-5784-8709-68665c51a99d.html

[FONT=&]“I was on these guys the first couple of weeks. I was in Chetopa, Kansas, and called the former OSBI agent on the case and told him, ‘You’ve got to come up here.’ He totally dismissed it. He said he was on to some people in the Bluejacket, Timber Hill area,” Dwayne Vancil said.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]“This case was grossly mishandled by previous law enforcement, and there’s no reason this shouldn’t have been solved within a matter of weeks. We potentially had the opportunity to get the girls back alive — that’s the real tragedy.”

[/FONT][FONT=&]“I believe there should be some type of accountability — I’m not sure what, and I’m not sure if it was incompetence or covered up. That’s what it feels like this could be,” he said. “Someone should come and investigate it and see why this was so grossly mishandled.”[/FONT][FONT=&]

[/FONT]

What are the chances these “law enforcement officers” will be investigated and properly charged?

'I will only talk to the families' about location of bodies, suspect in Welch girls' slayings says

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/i-will-only-talk-to-the-families-about-location-of/article_a8589aab-1007-585b-b6f6-beff7807cd8c.html

VINITA — A man charged in the 1999 deaths of a Welch couple and two teenage girls denied involvement or knowledge on Wednesday but told the Tulsa World that he would “only talk to the families” about the location of the girls’ bodies.

Ronnie Dean Busick, 66, of Wichita, Kansas, was brought from the Harvey County, Kansas, jail to the Craig County jail in Vinita on Wednesday evening.

“I will only talk to the families,” Busick said when asked by a reporter where the remains are located as he was being led away.

But then, when Lauria Bible’s uncle, Lonnie Leforce, shouted to Busick, “Tell me where my niece is,” Busick turned around with a surprised look and denied any involvement in the slayings or knowledge of where the girls’ remains are.

The incomptence of both the local LE and OSBI is beyond infuriating. I'd look into Jimmy Sooter, why deny information from the private investigator? Makes me so mad.
Lorene Bible is amazing. There's no words, after watching the press conference and keeping up with this case.
I've been through Picher a few times. I always got a weird feeling driving through there, but the place looks like a 3rd world country.

I just got wind of this case. I must've missed the part about the other girl. Can you tell me or give me a link?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members