OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 July 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds to me like a select few run this area...MOO

I am appalled at the seeming covering up of this case on the part of the officials of this town...

How frustrating it must be to the families of these missing "kids" to have to buck the small town "machine".... While worrying about their missing loved ones...

:banghead:

JMO

There has been a psychic there from New Mexico (I think that's where he's from) and he posted that he was glad to be leaving "broke meth mountain". How bad is the meth problem there???

It's bad all over the state. I'm originally from northeastern Oklahoma and don't have any personal experience in the southern part of the state. But someone upthread mentioned Winter's Bone and I was like, "Yes! Exactly!" I felt such a jolt of recognition when I read that book. I knew those people and I knew those places, the hills and hollers where you just don't go unless you're known to and welcomed by the people who live there. That story was set in Missouri, but it could easily have taken place in rural Cherokee County, OK, and I'll bet it would fit right into the area these kids are from as well.

We've been raising our 9yo granddaughter (our son's daughter) since she was a baby because her mother went down the meth road and never came back. On Halloween, it will be exactly four years since we've seen or heard from her. It was a horrible, terrifying experience dealing with this woman and her "associates" and learning all the things she was doing to support her habit before we took custody. Things we never imagined having any kind of association with, but there we were, right in the thick of it.

It just goes to show how meth can reach out and alter the course of your life even if you aren't someone who participates in that lifestyle.

I'm still thanking God every day that my son didn't go down that road with her. I go weak in the knees at the very thought of it.

Thanks, Okiegranny and Windstorm for the time line and transcripts!

I appreciate the work you both are putting into this (and the other Sleuthers, too, of course, :))!

:gthanks:

It's bad all over the state. I'm originally from northeastern Oklahoma and don't have any personal experience in the southern part of the state. But someone upthread mentioned Winter's Bone and I was like, "Yes! Exactly!" I felt such a jolt of recognition when I read that book. I knew those people and I knew those places, the hills and hollers where you just don't go unless you're known to and welcomed by the people who live there. That story was set in Missouri, but it could easily have taken place in rural Cherokee County, OK, and I'll bet it would fit right into the area these kids are from as well.

We've been raising our 9yo granddaughter (our son's daughter) since she was a baby because her mother went down the meth road and never came back. On Halloween, it will be exactly four years since we've seen or heard from her. It was a horrible, terrifying experience dealing with this woman and her "associates" and learning all the things she was doing to support her habit before we took custody. Things we never imagined having any kind of association with, but there we were, right in the thick of it.

It just goes to show how meth can reach out and alter the course of your life even if you aren't someone who participates in that lifestyle.

I'm still thanking God every day that my son didn't go down that road with her. I go weak in the knees at the very thought of it.

I'm from the hills & hollers of Missouri and yes, there is a terrible meth problem here as well. Rural areas are worse for it because of the remoteness and less chance of somebody finding the "kitchen". This area (southern OK) seems to be even more rampant & the whole LE connection is scary!

PRECISELY. I just had to chime in here. I am from southern Oklahoma, a little north of the area where all of this is going on and the Winter's Bone comparison is spot on -- as far as terrain and local issues (drugs, corruption, etc.).

Another thing I wanted to point out, the area around the Red River (not just Love County, but all the counties that the river borders) have a reputation for drug problems and violence. I can't point you to any news stories or threads around WS, but I personally know of 2 people who went missing and were found dumped near the river. Two separate situations.

The meth problem is still very bad, but I think it may have improved a bit over where it was 10 years ago. Again, no statistics to go on there, just what I've seen. And southern Oklahoma still seems to have quite a bit of a problem (SE OK is notorious for it).

You do have the go-ahead to post the transcription per Salem. Please change the driver's name to initials (along with any non-POI's or suspects). Make sure you link the radio show link.

You do have the go-ahead to post the transcription per Salem. Please change the driver's name to initials (along with any non-POI's or suspects). Make sure you link the radio show link.

Oh, thank you! :loveyou:

I have a little bit of OCD, which compels me to record all the uhs, ums, and every other verbal stumble and stutter. Should I post that version warts and all or clean it up for ease of reading first?

Also, it's going to be a pretty lengthy transcript so it may be best to break it down into several different posts.

Somewhat OT, but related:

Just wanted to add that I agree about some of the small town "rackets" that go on.

Although this is not as severe as this case, I am familiar with a small town that has a "speed trap" setup to give speeding tickets to practically any poor sole that drives through the trap. It has been going on for years, and I have lost count of the number of times I have seen an elderly person in tears getting a ticket from an "officer" at this certain spot over a hill on the downhill side.

The reason I know it is a trap, is because of its location which sits down a hill on the downhill side, and even if you are coasting in neutral, you cant help avoid going over the 45 MPH limit without hitting your brakes constantly. It is very obvious they use this location to gain funds for their small community. We see them sitting and waiting for the next victim all the time there. For years now. It is pathetic and is very upsetting when a lot of us feel they could be out patrolling other places where maybe they could stop some real crime going on. But where do we see them the most. Yup, this spot...just sitting.

Sorry to rant....-end ranting.

Regarding the missing people in this thread, I do hope all involved will be brought to justice, no matter who they may be.

Just read some of the news articles and some of the information about this case.
There are a lot of mysteries about this case and it sounds like most of the information has to be taken with a big grain of salt.

No facts here, but just basing comments on some of the alleged things that was alleged to have occurred....

The thing that strikes me as most disturbing is the alleged police car chase right at the beginning. One thing about that chase that does not make any sense is where I read that when the chase hit the dead-end dirt road, that the chase was called off or something to that effect.

Im sorry, but I don't buy that at all. We have all seen LE car chases on TV, and IMO, the last thing they would do is call off a chase when they hit a dead-end road.

Most of the real car chases I have seen on TV shows that end with the subject being cornered or captured, usually end in very disturbing scenes where LE gets very agressive with the subjects. They are usually very pissed off by the time they capture the subject(s), and so they usually get very agressive with the individuals when they get their hands on them or get them cornered.

So, if a car chase happened and if they were cornered at a dead-end road, I have bad feelings about what may have happened. It sounds to me that 1 of the 3 occupants is the only person not still missing. That person may have just ran faster or hid better than the other 2.

Or, another possibility is the 2 missing people did run from the area and left town. That is a possiblity, but based on most of what I read, it doesnt seem likely. Unfortunately , the news of the 2 missing people does not sound very hopeful and their demise may have ended that night somewhere close to that dirt road.

This is very sad case, and I hope the family get the answers they need and if anybody is responsible for the 2 people being missing or worse, I hope they are held accountable.

Just read some of the news articles and some of the information about this case.
There are a lot of mysteries about this case and it sounds like most of the information has to be taken with a big grain of salt.

No facts here, but just basing comments on some of the alleged things that was alleged to have occurred....

The thing that strikes me as most disturbing is the alleged police car chase right at the beginning. One thing about that chase that does not make any sense is where I read that when the chase hit the dead-end dirt road, that the chase was called off or something to that effect.

Im sorry, but I don't buy that at all. We have all seen LE car chases on TV, and IMO, the last thing they would do is call off a chase when they hit a dead-end road.

Most of the real car chases I have seen on TV shows that end with the subject being cornered or captured, usually end in very disturbing scenes where LE gets very agressive with the subjects. They are usually very pissed off by the time they capture the subject(s), and so they usually get very agressive with the individuals when they get their hands on them or get them cornered.

So, if a car chase happened and if they were cornered at a dead-end road, I have bad feelings about what may have happened. It sounds to me that 1 of the 3 occupants is the only person not still missing. That person may have just ran faster or hid better than the other 2.

Or, another possibility is the 2 missing people did run from the area and left town. That is a possiblity, but based on most of what I read, it doesnt seem likely. Unfortunately , the news of the 2 missing people does not sound very hopeful and their demise may have ended that night somewhere close to that dirt road.

This is very sad case, and I hope the family get the answers they need and if anybody is responsible for the 2 people being missing or worse, I hope they are held accountable.

Here is the excerpt from an interview with Wilson Police Chief Felix Hernandez. I don't think the chase was alleged. According to him, the chase happened. Now let me see if I can hunt down the article where the chase ended due to "dust" making it where LE couldn't see. **I'm with you, they HAD to know this was a dead end road...

Wilson Police Chief Felix Hernandez told News 9 that it appears to have started when the driver of a car taunted officer and started a chase towards Love County.

Miller's family said that she and Haynes were passengers in the car. The chase, according to law enforcement went into Love County and ended on Long Hollow Rd.

Hernandez said that a 911 call came from Miller's phone after the chase ended.

http://www.news9.com/story/23614262/friends-family-speak-out-for-second-missing-wilson-teen

I must say, I don't buy for one second these two ran off. They weren't a couple and if they are hooked on meth --- one of them would have hit up someone they know by now for money, materials, etc etc. IMOO I might see it different if this was a couple of love-birds. I find the ties between colt and the driver VERY interesting!

Are the names of the LE officers that started on the chase.. And ended (lost) the chase... Reported in MSM?

Are the names of the LE officers that started on the chase.. And ended (lost) the chase... Reported in MSM?

I don't believe the names are released in MSM. Let me recheck my articles. I know the officers that lost the chase have not been released. IIRC the only LE that have even done interviews are the Wilson chief of police (where the chase started and where Molly is from) and David Seals, with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. I have not seen anything released by Love County at all. And IIRC Molly's mom filed a "runaway" report in Wilson (Carter County) but was told she needed to file a missing person's report in Love County since that's where Molly actually went missing from, but Love County did not file one.

That last part is on pure memory, so I will have to say IIRC and all that jazz.

There are a few things that are troubling in this case, in my opinion. If I have this right, Colt called his friends and asked for help and a ride, because he had a broken ankle (with a bone sticking out) and he was bleeding from his nose. This scenario is not good. I can't see how he survived without medical treatment. If he had a bone sticking out of his skin, he would have bled to death. His nose bleed could be a broken nose (survivable) or internal injuries (not survivable without medical help). This makes me wonder if anyone has checked hospitals in other jurisdictions.

The other thing that bugs me is why he didn't call 911. Why did he call his friends? This suggests he was on board with the driver. In other words, if CN was into selling meth or doing something else illegal, perhaps Colt was involved in some capacity. Also, did the driver just leave Molly and Colt? Did he not check to see if they were hurt after the accident?

I also wonder if Colt was on probation and was scared of any police contact that night, because he was scared of possible consequences.

Lastly, if CN's passengers were injured, he could be in a world of hurt. In most states, negligent driving which results in passengers getting injured or killed is a very serious offense. CN could he looking at serious prison time. Maybe this is why he isn't saying anything. Also, he could have talked them into taking off on his behalf. Although, it would be very hard to accomplish, since at least one of them was injured. I wonder if it is possible he is harboring them?

Just some thoughts . .

JMO

And, I have to say, I have a scanner for my area in my house. The dispatcher always reports a "911 hang up" and whether or not someone answered when the dispatcher called back - and ALWAYS the patrolling officer is sent to check it out regardless if someone answered or not.

I would think the family could file some sort of civil suit if no officer checked out the "911 hangup".

Furthermore, I have listened to more than one "pursuit" from another county that crossed into our county. The original pursuing county always continues the pursuit with assistance by the county the pursuit enters into.

There are so many hinky little things like that with this case.

There are a few things that are troubling in this case, in my opinion. If I have this right, Colt called his friends and asked for help and a ride, because he had a broken ankle (with a bone sticking out) and he was bleeding from his nose. This scenario is not good. I can't see how he survived without medical treatment. If he had a bone sticking out of his skin, he would have bled to death. His nose bleed could be a broken nose (survivable) or internal injuries (not survivable without medical help). This makes me wonder if anyone has checked hospitals in other jurisdictions.

The other thing that bugs me is why he didn't call 911. Why did he call his friends? This suggests he was on board with the driver. In other words, if CN was into selling meth or doing something else illegal, perhaps Colt was involved in some capacity. Also, did the driver just leave Molly and Colt? Did he not check to see if they were hurt after the accident?

I also wonder if Colt was on probation and was scared of any police contact that night, because he was scared of possible consequences.

Lastly, if CN's passengers were injured, he could be in a world of hurt. In most states, negligent driving which results in passengers getting injured or killed is a very serious offense. CN could he looking at serious prison time. Maybe this is why he isn't saying anything. Also, he could have talked them into taking off on his behalf. Although, it would be very hard to accomplish, since at least one of them was injured. I wonder if it is possible he is harboring them?

Just some thoughts . .

JMO

I posted this earlier (upthread) but then deleted it. However, it has come back up in the last couple of days, so I am going to repost. (I was hesitant to post at first because it does shed a not so nice light on Colt - however, it could also be related to the case).

You bring up valid points that I have been mulling around in my head as well. CN's family owns the land near where the wrecked car was found. That family has allowed LE to search specific areas of that land, but not all of the land. The only reason I can think of that a family wouldn't allow LE to search for two possibly wounded kids is if they have something to hide. That something may or may not have anything to do with this case though.

Here's the links on Colt:

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/100080179.html

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/146618995.html

http://www.ardmoreite.com/article/20100806/NEWS/308069987?img=3

I posted this earlier (upthread) but then deleted it. However, it has come back up in the last couple of days, so I am going to repost. (I was hesitant to post at first because it does shed a not so nice light on Colt - however, it could also be related to the case).

You bring up valid points that I have been mulling around in my head as well. CN's family owns the land near where the wrecked car was found. That family has allowed LE to search specific areas of that land, but not all of the land. The only reason I can think of that a family wouldn't allow LE to search for two possibly wounded kids is if they have something to hide. That something may or may not have anything to do with this case though.

Here's the links on Colt:

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/100080179.html

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/146618995.html

http://www.ardmoreite.com/article/20100806/NEWS/308069987?img=3

This info does fit my thoughts on the case. It makes me wonder if someone in CN's family or a friend drove Molly and Colt to a hospital in Texas. If Colt broke his ankle, he definitely needed medical attention. Colt may have used a fake name and social security number at the hospital.

Just some ideas . .

Transcript of Interview with Molly Miller's Brother and Cousins, Part 1

Listen to the interview here:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/newcolony/2013/10/15/what-do-you-think

Key to the participants:

H: Host
GL: Molly's brother
PMF: Molly's cousin
MMS: Molly's cousin

(This is a slightly cleaned-up version, edited for readability. The raw version has been kept intact in a separate file.)

GL: This is GL. I'm trying to get in touch with this radio station?

H: Yeah.

GL: Um, what is this, I mean, my name's GL and, uh, I'm the brother of Molly Miller.

H: G! Yes, G, thank you for calling in. Hey, guys, everybody, I'm sorry, I'm taking control of the show from now on. We will go into overtime if we need to. I am sorry. <some chatter as previous caller hangs up> Thank you all for calling. Uh, I'm sorry if y'all want to hate me for this. You all can hate me, I don't care. G gets the floor.

GL: Yes, sir, hey, I'm about to, I've got another call I'm about to merge with us, so if you give…

H: Okay.

GL: … me a second it's my cousins that are also involved…

H: Which one? Which one?

GL: … in what we're about to…

H: Which one?

GL: M, and…

H: M, yes.

GL: It's all three of us. It's, yeah. She's on there and I believe P is as well.

H: Awesome.

GL: Okay, well, we're looking forward to talking to you. One second, I'm gonna answer it here, okay?

H: While he's doing that, I'm going to introduce you to what we're about to be talking about.

GL: I didn't get to answer her call but, uh, I'm still here so…

H: Okay, well, all right. Thank you, G, for calling in. I am glad you got my message.

GL: Yes, I'm glad…

H: Because we do have a mutual friend and I have been trying since Friday to get ahold of y'all.

GL: Mm-hm.

H: Uh, let me explain the story. It's, it's southern Oklahoma. Uh, was it Ju… uh, July the 27th, is it?

GL: What's that? July 27th?

H: Do I have that date correct?

GL: No, it's July 8. She's been, went missing since July 8.

H: Okay, on July the 8th, well, G, let me yield the floor to you. Go ahead and explain the story. You can do a much better job than than I can.

GL: Yes. Um, I'm driving right now. I'm about to pull over and we can, maybe I can hear you, y'all can hear me better.

H: Okay. Uh, GL. He is the brother of Molly Miller.

GL: Yes.

H: Molly Miller is a 17-year-old girl that went missing back on the 8th of July, uh, with a friend of hers, Colt Haynes. Um, the vehicle they were in, and I don't…

GL: Yeah.

H: … care what anybody says, was driven by CN. They were involved, uh, do you know C's real first name? Uh, G? Hello?

GL: I'm here, but everybody else is gone.

?: I've got, I've got the girls, everybody. Molly's Angels.

H: G, can you hear me?

GL: Is P there too?

PMF: Yeah, we're all on here.

GL: Okay.

H: Thank y'all for calling, thank y'all so much for calling in. Uh, but he, uh, it was a new car driven by a man named C, or a kid named CN. They were involved in a police chase. Uh, from a small town in Oklahoma called Wilson, Oklahoma, where he did a donut in front of a police officer and led these, and led a Wilson police officer on a high-speed chase through Wilson, Oklahoma, which is in Carter County and into Love County. They were able to lose the police, uh, down a dirt road because the police could not see them. And, for whatever reason, those police officers knew that was a dead-end road, but they chose not to pursue the vehicle any further, because they got "dusted out," you know, per reports. Um...

GL: That's a very unusual set of circumstances.

H: I'm trying to watch what I say because I'm trying to stick to the facts as y'all have given them, on your Facebook page, Operation Find Molly Miller. Uh, I say that for the benefit of the individuals listening. Uh, and a 911 call was made later on that evening to Marietta, Oklahoma…

GL: It was, yeah, shortly after midnight.

H: Um, shortly after midnight. I believe it was 12:57 is the time that's given on Operation Molly Miller on Facebook. Um, they got a ping on the cell phone. They had a location on the cell phone. It was a five-second call and the call was dropped, the call was lost, you know, and disconnected. In any situation, the call was disconnected. Marietta dispatch did not dispatch an officer to go to this location. The subsequent actions from that was Molly Miller, age 17, and Colt Haynes are now missing. Um, I'm trying to select my words very closely here. Um, there are, um, familial, uh, family connections from CN to the county sheriff. And it seems, it appears that the county sheriff is doing, uh, everything in his power to drag his feet and to avoid this investigation.

PMF: Okay.

H: Um, we can get onto that all you wish, but I want y'all to add on to that if you can.

GL: Yeah. Does anyone want to go first? Or I can give my spiel.

H: Y'all got all the time you need.

PMF: Go ahead, G.

GL: Well, this CN guy… My name's GL. I'm Molly's brother. I'm 23 years old. I'm from Healdton, America, Healdton, Oklahoma, and Molly's my little sister. I know Colt Haynes that went missing with her, and, and I know C. I grew up down there and, if you know southern Oklahoma, you know that everyone knows everybody and, generally, that's just the way it is, you know. It doesn't matter if it's Love County, Carter County, everyone's got, that's just how it is. It's the Bible Belt and, you know… southern Oklahoma, it's kind of been taken over by, I don't know, by some of these people, and I know that that CN is bad news, and it's just common knowledge in our town. We know who the bad kids are, we know who the good kids are, we know the kids who are up to no good, we know the kids that are kind of good and, you know, halfway decent. Everyone knows about everybody and who you come from and, it's just, before this even happened, you knew CN is *advertiser censored***** trouble. And I don't know what she was doing in the car with him that night, you know, what the circumstances were, but I know she's not here right now, and I know there's evidence and witnesses and it's a fact that, you know, we found that he drove that car and that Molly was in that car and they're gone now. And how do we know that, and nothing's being done?

H: And nobody is holding C...

GL: And the guy hasn't even been…

H: And nobody is holding CN responsible.

GL: No, no, no, he's not, and he hasn't been brought in and interrogated. He told the OSBI to talk to his lawyer. And, it's like, okay, well, OSBI, let's start talking to his lawyer, you know?

Since CN did a donut right in front of LE with his car, it makes me think he was high or drunk, which suggests they were all high or drunk. This could make for bad decisions after the foolish wreck too.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member