Identified! OK - Pittsburg Co, WhtMale UP5170 & WhtFem UP5174, 18-30, GSW, Apr'95 - Brian and Rachel Burr

May 15 2019
Investigators looking for answers in 24-year-old cold case
"The bodies were exhumed Tuesday. The case is just one that Morris’s investigative unit is looking at, after he formed the unit in December 2017 hoping to solve old cases with the technology we have today.

“It could possibly go further," Morris said about possibly matching John Doe's and Jane Doe's DNA with someone in a registry. "Once we notify the family, they may have some information on why they would be in this area, who they would travel this area with, or last contacts.”

The bodies were weeks old when they were originally found, with the victims estimated to be between 18 and 23 years old. Investigators say both were killed by gunshots to the chest.

The petition for the exhumation calls for full body and dental radiographs, as well as a DNA sample."

Unidentified bodies found in Oklahoma not missing Texas pair

Pittsburg County Sheriff Chris Morris told the McAlester News-Capital the DNA does not match relatives of a Dangerfield, Texas, couple who disappeared around the same time the bodies known as John Doe and JaneDoe were found in 1995.
[...]
Morris said the DNA will be entered into a national missing persons database.

Updated rule-out lists:

Jane Doe:
Shannon Green
Karen Spencer
Bobbi Campbell
Stephanie Benton
Jeanie Lofton
Bonnie Dages
Patricia Schmidt
Linda Davis
Tammie Wilkinson

John Doe:
Jarrod Green
Robert Keck
Robert Houk
Randy Sellers

Since they didn't have DNA I wonder what all these rule outs are based on??Dentals

Sheriff: Cold case DNA to enter national database

5d9e010411819.image.jpg

DNA from two bodies exhumed from a Pittsburg County cemetery will enter a national database after it did not match a missing person case in Texas.

The two bodies — a man and a woman — were found by a guardrail under a tree near Crowder Point on April 9, 1995, and have not been identified despite a nationwide effort at the time. Pittsburg County Sheriff Chris Morris said

“It’s disappointing,” Morris said. “We were hoping to bring closure to this family, but it didn’t happen in this case.”
---
Morris said the DNA results were first compared to a family from Daingerfield, Texas, who investigators believed could have been related to the two bodies found as there was two missing people from that area around the same time when John and Jane Doe were discovered in 1995.

The sheriff said the DNA results will now go into a national database where the results will be compared to other families that have provided DNA in hopes of finding their missing family members.

Sheriff: Cold case DNA to enter national database

I agree that they look similar, though the ages between the UID and Mr. Sellers are off somewhat. Does anyone know what a tatoo of an "R" on the left forearm means? Is it a common symbol? Like all of the girls that got roses tottooed on their ankels in the 70's?
I believe they were in the witness protection program and why no one has reported them missing. The two would have been missed by someone.

I agree that they look similar, though the ages between the UID and Mr. Sellers are off somewhat. Does anyone know what a tatoo of an "R" on the left forearm means? Is it a common symbol? Like all of the girls that got roses tottooed on their ankels in the 70's?

What's a rose on the ankle supposed to mean?

I believe they were in the witness protection program and why no one has reported them missing. The two would have been missed by someone.
It's amazing how many times I come across someone suggesting witness protection programs. Its insane!!! get it together people. No matter what the case, there are almost always more legit guesses than Witness Protection. People with this level of intellect should be banned from this site.

It's amazing how many times I come across someone suggesting witness protection programs. Its insane!!! get it together people. No matter what the case, there are almost always more legit guesses than Witness Protection. People with this level of intellect should be banned from this site.

I agree with Backabeyond, I'd say the witness protection theory comes from watching too many fictional crime shows and films... There are many reasons why people aren't reported missing, it doesn't mean that no one is missing them. Maybe they chose to move away, lost touch with people and then years down the line this happens. For all we k now there is someone out there searching Facebook every so often hoping to reconnect with these two not even realising they're missing or dead.

IMHO, if these two were in federal Witness Protection, a 'family member' with plenty of ID and back story would have traveled to eastern Oklahoma and claimed their bodies. Followed (or accompanied) by the federal marshalls taking over the case from local LE.

Likely leaving no news reports at all, not even the McALester newspaper.

Feds would really want to know what went wrong with the $$$$$ cover for these two.

JMHO YMMV LRR

I have seen far too many UID's get Id'ed and the family just says I thought they just wanted to get away and have nothing to do with the family. I believe if they were on witness protection the FBI would not have them on their website which is where I saw them and what ultimately got me into trying to help identify the unidentified.

Unidentified John and Jane Doe

* LOCATION: The victims were discovered on April 9, 1995 in Pittsburg County, Oklahoma. Specifically in. Lake Eufaula Recreation area, near Crowder Point (10 miles north of McAlester). PMI: Months
*COD: Gunshot wounds
*PLACEMENT: Their fully clothed bodies, except for shoes, were discovered lying side-by-side in a remote wooded area west of U.S. 69. looked to have been dragged approximately 50 feet off a dirt road. The bodies were placed head to toe, parallel to each other

John Doe
* Estimated age: 20-30
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5-feet-6 to 5-feet-9, 175 to 185 pounds
* Hair: short, light brown hair
*Distinguishing Characteristics: tattoos of a cross on his left upper arm, an eyeball with a teardrop on his right forearm and a letter "R" on his left forearm.
* Clothing: Green denin Levi's jeans marked as waist 31, length 34, with a black belt. Black and white checkered briefs which have the brand name 'Generation Two.' T-shirt A leather jacket. An empty cigarette pack and lighter were also found on his person
*Jewelry: Yellow metal band (wedding ring presumably), and the inside is inscribed with "14 K" and the letters "TW" within a circle. A watch with a brown "LeWatch" band on the left wrist
NamUs profile: https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/5170/details?nav

Jane Doe
* Estimated age: 18-3o
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5-feet-4 to 5-feet-6, 130-140 pounds
* Hair: very light brown or strawberry blonde
* Clothing: Black denim pants, size 10 ("Great Land Trading Company" brand) Blue panties/underwear Red pullover shirt with 3/4 sleeves, size Small ("Lassen Sportswear" brand) White bra.
*Jewelry: Rings x2 - left hand: yellow metal band (wedding ring presumably), second ring has single white stone
*NamUs Profile: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

2019 Excavation of bodies: Investigators exhume bodies in 24-year-old cold case

I have been searching for related missing persons throughout the U.S and have come up blank so far. I'm also wondering if it is possible that they weren't married at all and someone just put the wedding rings on them? Or if they were two separate people, married to other people, who were just placed together postmortem?

So far as I've seen, the 2019 excavation hasn't alluded to anything new with the case.

I’m thinking the most likely to get a match on will be her. His eye tattoo with a tear drop typically is a memorial tattoo for a close lost loved one. I wish there was a pic of it so we had some concept of the style of it. I’m sure the R is his first or last name. Also daylight savings was on April 2, 1995 so his watch was likely set to the right time locally when he was murdered and then when time changed on the second it set it an hour behind.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original

Exclusions
MP5845 Stephanie Benton 03/13/1995 Mohave AZ
MP1363 Bobbi Campbell 12/30/1994 Salt Lake UT
MP5644 Bonnie Dages 04/28/1993 Hillsborough FL
MP1733 Linda Davis 01/07/1976 Rogers OK
MP6028 Martha Dunn 09/05/1990 Morris TX
MP5199 Shannon Green 07/06/1986 Daviess KY
MP8600 Jeanie Lofton 04/02/1994 Panola TX
MP974 Patricia Schmidt 06/04/1985 Henrico VA
MP2956 Karen Spencer 12/29/1989 Clermont OH
MP2325 Tammie Wilkinson 06/21/1984 Jackson MO
MP2325 Tammie Wilkinson 06/21/1984 Jackson MO

Original

Exclusions
MP29982 Robert Anderson 08/15/1993 Logan ND
MP12139 JARROD GREEN 09/30/1994 White AR
MP7541 Robert Houk 10/01/1990 Marion IN
MP2551 Robert Keck 06/30/1979 Lehigh PA
MP50741 Eric Owens 09/06/1990 Morris TX
MP1712 Randy Sellers 08/16/1980 Kenton KY

From the NamUs link for the male:

Jewelry
" A) Ring on the fourth finger of the left hand, yellow metal band, and the inside is inscribed with "14 K" and the letters "TW" within a circle."

Perhaps the letters TW within a circle correlates to this company, as their Hallmark-Maker's Mark, as it shows a diagram of TW within a circle:

TW Trademark of TESSLER & WEISS, INC. Serial Number: 71595570 :: Trademarkia Trademarks

"On Tuesday, April 11, 1950, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for TW by TESSLER & WEISS, INC., UNION, NJ 07083. "

Here is their website:

http://www.tesslerweiss.com/about-us

I put in a zipcode for Tulsa, Ok. and within 50 miles there are stores that are authorized dealers
for Camelot Bridal Retailers.
Now whether these stores were in existence in 1995 or previous to 1995, I haven't checked them out, so I don't know...
There are several stores listed, and I listed these 2 as they aren't too, too far away from where the couple was found...
There is a store in Henryetta and in Muskogee. Just a guess incase this couple was
from around this area...

http://www.tesslerweiss.com/store-locator?zip=74136&distance=50

IMOO.

ETA:
The store in Henryetta has been in business since 1953.
I don't know about the other store...
Speculating... just throwing out ideas...
IMOO.
Bringing this forward.
Here is a Tessler & Weiss ring for sale with a picture of the trademark engraved.
Tessler & Weiss 14K Gold Slim Band Ring, 1.31g
78094116114556MaA1.JPG

Why do they think the wedding bands match? Because they're both gold, or...? They could have been married to other people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back