OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nearly 9:30 in OK right now.
I wonder if we will get a statement tonight, as they implied.
If I had to guess, I would say no. They may be out searching for the bodies after someone spilled some beans after being arrested. LE may be hopeful they can find both women and want to wait until they've been recovered to do one big presser.

I think that release is all we're getting tonight. I imagine there will be a presser early in the week, but hopefully as soon as tomorrow.
IF we even get that release. May only state there are 4 arrests, and the names anyway.
Or....IF they actually found the bodies in the last 3 or so hours...maybe more, and are waiting to include that in any release tonight or wait for the proper PC

IF we even get that release. May only state there are 4 arrests, and the names anyway.
Or....IF they actually found the bodies in the last 3 or so hours...maybe more, and are waiting to include that in any release tonight or wait for the proper PC
That release has already been put out:

This quartet are a Lombroso fever dream...

...That plays out like a Wagner clan sequel. Better to do double-murder and lose the kids altogether than let them leave the group. I wonder if this was instigated by the combination of another chapter in the custody battle and the arrival of VB's fiancee on the scene.

I find this combo of local power, religiousity and paranoid politics very disturbing. And there's no doubt that in this case the triptych contributed to the destruction of so many lives.
I was thinking of the Piketon massacre too. Somebody else said Murdaugh, because you have people who seem to think they can get away with anything - I agree with that comparison as well.

But in the Piketon massacre you had a grandma who convinced the rest of the family to murder so that custody of the grandchild would be guaranteed. And in that case, she ended up in prison so long that she will probably never see the grandchild again. Hope the same thing happens here.

Jilian being a minister’s wife and a mom of 4 never entered into the equation when deciding to commit these crimes, imho! Why would anyone so callous care who Jilian was? They were murdering 2 innocent people! I’m not following your train of thought. Sorry.
MOO
I think the mom going missing could be talked about as if she ran off and never showed up to get her kids. It would not have to link back to the grandma. The fact an outside person was along who's role was to superviese the pick up made it a guarantee that LE couldn't really dismiss it as mom running off and not picking up the kids because why would she run off with the court appointed person there just for the picking up of the kids? She would have ran off before getting the woman needed to surpervise the pick up. I think it just made most other scenairos not viable. It had to be a random abductions/murder or it was the grandmother.

Honestly, I don’t think she’s had the kids since this happened.

It totally confounds me. There is no way that I would go along with such a plan. I have to believe that they must have either been misled about what was going to happen or Tifany lied to them about the mother, perhaps, saying that she was abusive to the children and allowed them to be abused. That seems like the only way that anyone would go along with any plan. Even at that, what normal, rational person wouldn't say to take it to court and let the judge decide?

JMO.
I think telling them that the kids were being abused coupled with distrust towards the government......JMO

So relieved to see the arrests, but saddened to see the murder charges making it official. :(

What a bunch of evil, selfish idiots. Given the heavy SWAT team presence for the arrests, I assume these geniuses were armed to the teeth with military grade weapons. Those poor women didn’t stand a chance.

It’s great that OSBI got off to a fast start on the investigation and made good use of the FBI expertise to gather digital evidence. It would have been terrible for the children if the killers had been able to move out of town with them. So terrible that so many kids have lost parents as a result of this.

Great work OSBI and good luck to the prosecution in building a good case against them.

Or one of them confessed there won’t be bodies found. Or perhaps there was enough blood left at the scene or in the car to suggest the ladies couldn’t survive.
It sounds as though someone talked. At some point some stories I was reading announced the arrests and still had LE saying they thought VB and JK were alive. Then suddenly, everyone is charged with murder. A talker makes sense to me.

and someone's already posted a link to a FB page for a Republican Party Senatorial Campaign candidate that names TA as the Chairwoman of the Cimarron County Republican Party... (in part, it said, "Thank you Cimarron County & Chairwoman Tifany Adams for having the courage & integrity to do what is right...") Here's that link if I can figure out how to add the link right:
Idk what the person in that role is responsible for or anything, but it sounds like kind of a big deal, within that county at least. May even be an elected position? Sounds like she is probably well known in her community in any case.

It sounds as though someone talked. At some point some stories I was reading announced the arrests and still had LE saying they thought VB and JK were alive. Then suddenly, everyone is charged with murder. A talker makes sense to me.
Since all 4 are charged with 1st degree murder, and assuming someone of the 4 talked, it would follow that they also likely disclosed where the bodies are.

I can't help but be amused by their, uh, church's Facebook containing a lot of the usual Traditional Values, kids-need-a-traditional-two-parent-home, etc etc etc stuff given the situation. But, y'know, if you can't have THAT good old fashioned family unit, then I guess just flat-out murdering one of their parents along with a total stranger while your <modsnip: name calling> son is in rehab makes sense. [eyeroll]
Yes and sadly so very true. And so sad and regrettable for the kids and affected families. Great work OK investigators and those that got to this place. And relatively quickly too, IMO.

I doubt there is the resources, but perhaps every square foot out there with this group needs to be dug up and examined. Deeply. I also wonder if this might ever wind up on The First 48, as IMO those detectives from Tulsa are a delight to watch work too. Different county here though I imagine. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911