OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has she done this before? Does grandma have custody of any of her other grandchildren?

I hadn't heard about the paternity case with her daughter.
Yet another court document...and not sealed!
I've wondered of the daughter EVEN knows.
She goes by Adam's....but I think TA was still married to husband 4 or 5 (JR) when daughter was born...
Everything stated is from those public records...so not sure of there are "real life" differences...

Mabel Bassett Correctional Center

"The Mabel Bassett Correctional Center (MBCC) is an Oklahoma Department of Corrections prison for women located in unincorporated Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma, near McLoud. The facility houses 1241 inmates, most of whom are held at medium security.[2] It is the largest female prison in Oklahoma.[3]"

"The facility first opened in 1974, on Martin Luther King Drive in Oklahoma City. It was named for Oklahoma political figure Mabel Bassett, who served as the Commission of Charities and Corrections from 1923 to 1947. It also houses the female death row for the state."
Brice Lambert has released a shortened 24-minute version of his film, which will eventually be a feature-length documentary about the female incarceration rate in the United States. Oklahoma is currently ranked No. 1 in female incarceration, with 281 women in prison per 100,000 residents, according to prisonpolicy.org, a national organization that tracks criminal justice policies and reform efforts.

Look for the helpers. The wonderful Fred Rogers often talked about how when he saw scary things on the news, his mother would tell him to look for the helpers, because there are always people who are helping. That may be the best thing we can do as parents: help our children look for the helpers. In all of the recent tragedies, as in all tragedies, there were so many helpers and heroes. When we concentrate on those people, not only do we give our children hope, but we may empower them to one day be helpers too. *brings so many happy memories of my kids watching him

Fred Rogers is my absolute hero. His speeches at graduations and such, his work, just what a wonderful man I was privileged enough to learn from on TV as a tot. Thank you for this beautiful thing you've brought here.

It appears so. In addition to that link from the USABEEF.org site, his personal Facebook has numerous posts referencing (some with photos) their meat for sale. Here’s one of those posts

FWIW, zooming in on the photos shows a label on the product that says Texline Meat Processing

In an older County Fair brochure I found this mention of their names with “Twombly Cattle Co”. I blocked out the phone numbers listed fyi.
Thanks for researching this. Good to know.

We have a small duck farm on property.

I realize it may not seem like a valid comparison, but I do know from talking to our avian vet/staff that similar is true w/ducks …

Some who raise meat birds process their own meat & others don’t.

Anyway, like many others, I had been wondering about this. Figured it could go either way. Very interesting info.

Thx again.

*Input Tifany’s name and you can see all her land records, along with a bunch of traffic violations, I seriously hope those children weren’t with her but I saw some for failure to use a child restraint so I guess she did. Where in the world was she always hurrying off to, speeding tickets galore?

This is what I think happened. TA knew CT COULD do this. Even if he just helped with the killing...they still could have buried them on any of their massive land holdings.
The jump to butchering a human is huge. What happened to their conciences.
A person might agree with someone verbally and still go away thinking, "Wow, No."
And a spouse would provide a barrier to crazy thimgs.
I wonder do these people owe her?
s
That the brother is also a minor (and I believe also the son of VB’s Hispanic step-mother) should give pause the situation is likely more complex than your average SA. Yes of course TA, an alleged murderer who is rumored (by her own son in court documents) to have her hands in the pockets of entities such as local LE, is certainly capable of coaching two young children to say certain things to counselors. And yes she is certainly capable of doing something (speculation, theory) like convincing $$$ a counselor to manipulate and frighten the accused minor POC child. It wouldn’t be the first time something like that has happened in family court cases.
Knowing someone is capable of murder to get their way does reasonably bring up scrutiny of their tactics in previous confrontations and conlicts.

Jilian being a minister’s wife and a mom of 4 never entered into the equation when deciding to commit these crimes, imho! Why would anyone so callous care who Jilian was? They were murdering 2 innocent people! I’m not following your train of thought. Sorry.
MOO

Totally agree with you...planned. I also wonder why the regular person to supervise the visit, the one that the grandmother favored, was unavailable.
I’ve wondered this too! I keep reading that TA had power and was a State process server for years. I’m wondering if she liked the other Supervisor who she had seen in the past, maybe she called requesting someone else for this date?

I think the shock of this happening where it did is what propelled it. If you’ve ever been to Hugoton, it’s a friendly tight knit town. Small town, USA. If you can’t feel safe there…this town has been really shaken. In my opinion, we are so desensitized by hearing about big city crimes. When you hear about something like this you never think it could happen in such a place.
Respectfully, and speaking in general (not about Hugoton specifically):a town can very much seem like a "friendly, tight-knit" place to those residents who happen to fit into a certain mold and/or conform to certain expectations/conventions while actually being quite hostile and even actively violent towards those residents who don't.

The people are hesitant to say healing can begin and are questioning if that is possible with the pain that is being felt.

Yellow ribbons, which are meant to be a symbol of hope and support, still line Main Street.

There is also an outpouring of love all over social media from people across the state and across the country.

Thatcher talked to a woman in Hugoton who said she knew Kelley and Butler in passing. She said you did not have to know the women personally to now feel a sense of grief.

“The community still cares, and it’s absolutely devastating. You know, they were both young and vibrant, and they deserved more,” said Miranda Illoldi, an acquaintance.

Last edited:
The jump to butchering a human is huge. What happened to their conciences.
A person might agree with someone verbally and still go away thinking, "Wow, No."
And a spouse would provide a barrier to crazy thimgs.
I wonder do these people owe her?
s

Knowing someone is capable of murder to get their way does reasonably bring up scrutiny of their tactics in previous confrontations and conlicts.
Bbm.
I think that was well said. ^^^

Also makes any past issues (w/Veronica in particular) TA had with others, in a totally different light.
Question: Did she tend to portray herself as the 'victim' ?
Omo.

Respectfully, and speaking in general (not about Hugoton specifically):a town can very much seem like a "friendly, tight-knit" place to those residents who happen to fit into a certain mold and/or conform to certain expectations/conventions while actually being quite hostile and even actively violent towards those residents who don't.
I am sure it is that way in many small towns, but you can see in the videos how the community came together. They really are mourning this senseless crime. Yellow ribbons everywhere, prayer vigils, missing posters. I just messaged with a friend there. Still reeling, but trying to heal. I mean seriously, this is like a sweet, safe and friendly town. On the flip side, it appears TA’s town, just across the border & only a short distance away, is like the wild west with a whole different type of people.

Easter weekend, probably busy with family and holiday preparations.
We know a lot about grandma and what type of person she is but we know very little about the other participants. I think it was posted on this thread that VB was to testify in an alleged hiding assets charge hearing against TC. JMO as I cannot find the post.
What a senseless crime!!

Whew.. was not expecting the mugshots to look like this after the FB pics. Yikes.

TA’s shirt says “praying for.” I’d love to know what the rest iView attachment 497006
I was shocked at the mugshots. I have attached a consolidated photo of the four of them.

The 4 mug shots together look like a bad movie poster.

Obviously, when SWAT comes knocking, you don't have time to primp & put your best foot forward.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member