OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
APR 10, 2024
Highway 95 and Road L, south of Elkhart, Oklahoma. on April 10, 2024 (KSN Photo)

In the distance, you can see the Yarbrough School.
I believe KSN is incorrect about Yarbrough School being in this image. This view is taken from the west side of Highway 96, looking east down L road. Yarbrough School is north of this intersection on Hwy 96.

Residents of Hugoton are devastated but holding out hope that the women will be found. Many have been hesitant to discuss the matter, but one resident says she visited Butler just before she went missing.

“She was so happy; she had on a full face of makeup, you know? She said, ‘I’m going to Liberal,’ and I said, ‘What are you going to do?’ She went, ‘We’re going on the boat with the kids, and we’re not coming back to Hugoton till Tuesday,'” the local resident told NewsNation.

In response to continued inquiry, the OSBI said only that it “along with other agencies, are continuing our search and are hopeful to find both women alone. Anyone with additional information can contact the OSBI at tips@osbi.ok.gov.”

NewsNation reported Tuesday that Butler and her ex-husband were in a bitter custody battle, and just 10 days before the women went missing, Butler had filed a petition in court for more visitation with her children and was seeking full custody.

Boating where? So this wasn't just a day visit, they would have the kids from Sat to Tue. Interesting, have we heard this before? Sorry if so, I haven't been able to keep up well.
This is definitely new information. And I believe it is incorrect. She says "going to the boat WITH the kids". But I think it is two events. Birthday Party. Weekend away.

Last edited:
I missed this, not that it’s any surprise they’d be assisting in a case like this.

This gave me great relief....
With everybody knowing everybody in this area, I believe the FBI will be able to provide distance around the whole case.
The will provide "cover" to the local LE who would, most likely, be pressured by others within the community.

I do have the impression that OSBI fortunately knows a lot more than they are sharing publicly and that perhaps they have a few very promising leads in the investigation. I do hope both women are returned safely to their loving families and communities. For me, being targeted and attacked while you and your friend are in an isolated area without anyone around to help is nightmarish and is something I sometimes worry about when going on road trips to areas I am not familiar with.

I wonder if LE were able to obtain any possible available dash cam footage from the trucks that drove in or near the area to see if they can spot the car at the VB and JK were driving? Perhaps that could help establish a more narrow timeline?

Thinking more about identifying a primary crime scene, I wonder too if it is possible that soil samples from the tires or the drone spotting old tire tracks or even shards of broken glass would be helpful in LE locating it?

If the perp or perps drove the car to a secondary location perhaps his or her shoes left debris or some type of material on the pedals and car floor that could help LE maybe determine where they work or live or in what type of field or industry they are employed in?

I'm very curious as to your reasons for this. Neither of those make sense to me at all.
Just the silence, not wanting the public to know anything. 2 weeks, nothing? It’s 2 people missing not 1. As I said it was my immediate thought not my only 1 and entirely JMO.

I trust their judgment as they have to have a long history of understanding this remote region and its local power structure.

MOO
Naturally, I know nothing about the Oklahoma power in this case. However, being small town myself, I do know that sometimes local powers contribute enough at the state level to have influence there as well.

Not always. I've known local Police (not county) to stand up to the town and county's biggest and most powerful -- thank goodness.

In this case, since I don't know I must say how very happy I am the FBI is involved.

I don't see ransom being the motive. But if that was the case then it would imply someone knows that Veronica's family has money. I know Veronica "owns a business" but the type that she has is borderline MLM (I think she sells what people call tea bombs, at least around here). Not to disparage her venture at all, but only an extremely dumb criminal would assume she's got big money just because of that business.

And I don't think the ransom would be for Jillian. Joel Osteen types aside (lmao) pastors generally aren't known for being loaded. Sure her other family members could have money but from my understanding Jillian was just along as a substitute for the usual supervisor.

ETA: Yeah the church the Kelleys are associated with looks very small. Wouldn't be shocked if her husband, like many pastors, has two jobs.

Would we not have gotten a ransom note or call by now? Wouldn't they have left one at the car or something?

Last edited:
FBI has been involved from the get go per this newsnation report

ETA interesting discussion about the area residents and their impressions of WCR's mother as well.
The father's former lawyers are talking about his business with the media? That seems wildly inappropriate, but I guess we don't know whether WR authorized that.

I don't see ransom being the motive. But if that was the case then it would imply someone knows that Veronica's family has money. I know Veronica "owns a business" but the type that she has is borderline MLM (I think she sells what people call tea bombs, at least around here). Not to disparage her venture at all, but only an extremely dumb criminal would assume she's got big money just because of that business.

And I don't think the ransom would be for Jillian. Joel Osteen types aside (lmao) pastors generally aren't known for being loaded. Sure her other family members could have money but from my understanding Jillian was just along as a substitute for the usual supervisor.

ETA: Yeah the church the Kelleys are associated with looks very small. Wouldn't be shocked if her husband, like many pastors, has two jobs.

Would we not have gotten a ransom note or call by now? Wouldn't they have left one at the car or something?
The business felt very MLM-y to me. And that business model definitely fits VB’s demo.

The town JK and family were moving to has ~450 people. Very small.

Ransom just doesn’t fit the bill for me. Nor does random kidnapping.

What does fit the bill is having a spy few miles back giving a heads up Kia just passed them. Down the road, truck and trailer blocking the road (few yards past that cutoff gravel road where the car was found), making them pull into it, and the rest depends how they were subdued.

Regardless, they can quickly be loaded and driven away. Hidden in plain sight. No one questions a truck and a horse or cattle trailer. Gone.

<modsnip: Not LE friendly to speculate when there is no known fact to support>

moo

Last edited by a moderator:
FBI has been involved from the get go per this newsnation report

ETA interesting discussion about the area residents and their impressions of WCR's mother as well.
Yes, but this is first public confirmation of that fact and imo its sending a STRONG message to any and all involved in this case and is an important announcement.
MOO

Even IF there was ransom we laymen would not be privy to that sort of info. Authorities MUST know what’s going on as they haven’t asked the public for help and NO presser?! What is that all about? Keeping it quiet, or at least within the community, for a reason. What IF there was a serial K on the loose? I’m not saying that there is but speculation will be rife as there’s no info. Do we know if the car was abandoned or just had a flat?! Do we know if there’s dash cam footage or any footage?! Do we know if any evidence has been recovered at all? It is being reported by MSM which is good.

"on the boat with the kids" ... Where in Liberal?

It sounds like Veronica expected to spend the Easter Vacation with her children (and supervisor Jilian Kelley), and she planned a 3 day boat trip until Tuesday ??

It sounds like the birthday party on Saturday afternoon for Veronica's daughter did not include any pedophiles, and was followed up with a plan to go boating. But that didn't happen because Veronica was kidnapped that same day.

Google Maps

It sounds to me like Veronica could have been set up by somebody leading her to believe she could have the kids for a special weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member