OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veronica was just an obstacle to her getting to keep her grandchildren as she felt entitled to do and Jilian was just collateral damage. She must have been shocked when the story went global right away. I really don't think she expected it to be more than a curious disappearance on the local news that quickly faded into obscurity and became yet another Oklahoma unsolved cold case.
RSBM
BBM

I think you're right. She planned on meting out some Wild West justice, and she didn't even consider the consequences of taking the law into her own hands.

I don't think any of them did.

I wonder what they're thinking now. For all intents and purposes, life as they knew it is over.

It's odd how some cases catch our attention and go "global," as you say, and others don't. I think she was counting on disappearing VB and felt no one would look for her.

Ahhh...one of those over zealous, "I'll Die For A Perceived Cause," types.
Well then.
May Justice wield the sword that grants him his wish.
Yes, I saw the image/meme he posted on March 13 as well.

Isn't it funny how some people can convince themselves they're doing the right thing -- when they're doing something awful?

He made a perfect little puppet for TA to manipulate.

Looking at a fairly recent post on CT’s FB, I’m guessing he has a “ride or die” mentality.

jmo
He quoted Aristotle "
" In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place; it is the moral duty of individuals to uphold what is right, despite societal norms. "
he gave that quote a whole new meaning.
oh... and he forgot to update his "life events" maybe someone will do that for him since he won't be around to do it himself. you know, Just in case his friends wonder where he is. Oh thats right, they're all in there with him.

Yes, I saw the image/meme he posted on March 13 as well.

Isn't it funny how some people can convince themselves they're doing the right thing -- when they're doing something awful?

He made a perfect little puppet for TA to manipulate.
How crazy to drift from a privileged life into doing something like this, killing innocent people.

Last edited:
LE has experts in questioning young children.
Yes, and the Twombleys have 2 teenagers, who I'm sure were also questioned by LE. Wonder how much they knew or how much they may have figured out on their own, and what clues they may have given up, either knowingly or not. Even if their parents tried to keep it all secret from them, they would still have had some info about their parents' activities during the time in question that LE would have been able to deduce incriminating evidence from.

Just caught up on this case after the weekend.. WOW great job law enforcement.

Grandma was always a suspect for me.. she became prime suspect for me when it was revealed the father was in rehab many hours away. I’m intrigued to find out the details about the other couple involved.. what were they gaining from getting involved in this?

RIP Veronica & Jillian my thoughts go out to your families - it seems like the bodies have been found so hopefully your families can lay you to rest soon.

My thoughts go out also to all the poor children involved in this case whose lives have been turned upside down, Veronica’s, Jillian’s and the Twombleys - I hope now that Veronica’s children get adopted together by a loving family who give them a beautiful life.

I agree. IMO someone driven by control like this would take a lot of pleasure in knowing that other people were doing her dirty work in something so intensely awful+extreme, and she just got sit back to hear the aftermath without dirtying her hands. I think VB knew who was responsible one way or another so TA has no incentive to go there but got to relish in her control over the situation from afar (IMO)
I am eager to hear the details of what actually went down. I can picture TA standing there and telling VB, I told you not to "mess" with me, confronting her, and having the last word. At what point did TA go from having the best interests of the kids to being a deranged person? So sad.

I've gone back and forth on it but my current theory is that the plan was only to abduct/kill VB, but something went wrong at the point that their car was intercepted. Either one of the women had a weapon, or called 911, or a shaky hand slipped on the trigger...something happened that both women were shot and killed then and there.

I can come up with various ways the perps may have justified killing VB among themselves, but none whatsoever for JK.
IMO there is great justification for killing Jilian.

Just by virtue of her being there made her a target.

They knew VB was coming for visitation. At some point it had to be communicated to VB that TA’s supervisor was unavailable. In order to visit, VB needed to bring a supervisor with her.

TA would have have known that there would be two people in that car. Sure can’t leave a witness behind. NOPE.

Jilian was dead the minute she opened the car door and got in. The plan was to kill them both. There was no way around that.

As a side note, I don’t believe TA’s supervisor was unavailable. I’m pretty sure TA told this person she was not needed for that particular visit. Will be interesting to see if I’m right on that.

MOO

They knew VB was coming for visitation. At some point it had to be communicated to VB that TA’s supervisor was unavailable. In order to visit, VB needed to bring a supervisor with her.

TA would have have known that there would be two people in that car. Sure can’t leave a witness behind. NOPE.

Jilian was dead the minute she opened the car door and got in. The plan was to kill them both. There was no way around that.

As a side note, I don’t believe TA’s supervisor was unavailable. I’m pretty sure TA told this person she was not needed for that particular visit. Will be interesting to see if I’m right on that.

MOO
Really good points!

And, because TA knew there would be two people in that car, any pretense that the murder of VB was only to protect the children goes right out the window. It was all about TA getting her way.

JMOO—she must have felt like a mafia boss, all-powerful in her decisions about who should live and who should die.

And her minions...she either convinced them that this was the only way to protect the children, or they were a little drunk on power themselves.

All MOO

I can’t help but think about what WR is thinking right now. IF, he was unaware of what his mother had been planning, it has got to be nearly unbearable being forced to stay in rehab with no communication with the outside world as all of this unfolds. Not saying I’m necessarily sympathetic toward him just interested in his mindset right now.

A family member informed NewsNation Wednesday they’ve been asked to postpone media interviews until authorities tell them otherwise. Additionally, sources have indicated to NewsNation that Kelley might have accompanied Butler to assist her with a custody matter.

The two moms, described as more “acquaintances” than “friends,” were involved in their community and their churches.

Butler’s small business in Hugoton is closed until further notice as investigators work to find the two moms.

I can’t help but think about what WR is thinking right now. IF, he was unaware of what his mother had been planning, it has got to be nearly unbearable being forced to stay in rehab with no communication with the outside world as all of this unfolds. Not saying I’m necessarily sympathetic toward him just interested in his mindset right now.
It’s probably the best possible place for him right now.

This whole thing might provide him with the impetus to work hard at rehab and straighten up. He has 2 young children who need him and mommy won’t be fixing any of his problems going forward.

MOO

MOO
I did not realize that Tifany Adams (TA) was also required to have a supervisor with her when exchanging the children, whom she has custody of, for visitation with Veronica Butler (VB). Is that correct?

Last edited:
I am sympathetic toward him as he's been reared by TA. Growing up is tough with well-meaning parents. There are missteps by everyone - parent and child alike, but to be dominated by an overly proud, strutting "important"-in-the-community, accustomed-to-getting-her-own-way mother, who chooses at least one felon as a boyfriend . . . . This poor man has never had the first chance.

Unknowns, of course. Coincidence that he was in rehab when this occurred? Wonder how long before the actual murders T planned this. I'm sure he's been questioned.

I did not realize that Tifany Adams (TA) was also required to have a supervisor with her when exchanging the children for visitation with Veronica Butler (VB). Is that correct?
No. One supervisor to oversee the visitation. I don't know who was responsible for arranging for a supervisor for each visit. I did read somewhere in the court records that TA was responsible for paying for the supervisor and preferred one she considered impartial. Court documents list four approved for this case.

To me, it makes sense that the clerks at the courthouse are not bothered with the additional work of trying to line up visitation supervisors for each visit for each battling couple. What a nightmare that would be.

It has occurred to me that perhaps clerks with child protective services might be involved. I've not seen anything to indicate that.

I suspect making arrangements with a supervisor fell to either TA or VB, who perhaps had to arrange visitations around the schedules of whoever was available. However, it is my understanding that only one approved supervisor was required per visit.

Last edited:
As we wait to hear from the @OSBI_OK today at 10am CT on the information they can share about the four suspects taken into custody on #Missingmoms case of #VeronicaButler & #JilianKelley one key question will be, what part of the women’s disappearance each individual may be involved with, including Cole Twombly who is a cattle rancher in the Texas County region. According to social media posts, he and his wife Cora, who was also arrested, had a beef business and also were breeders of Full blood Blue Heeler puppies. Stay tuned to
@NewsNation for the updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member