Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #6 *Arrests*

Or it was taken and sold as an individual to an individual. Where I live handguns can be sold between individuals without registration of serial numbers, etc. so no records through an FFL. A hay barn might be a good hiding place, but I suspect the homes of the 5 have been searched. So, if it has not been found, I suspect it has been passed on - gifted or sold. You'd think this description might make someone come forward. OR, equally, I suppose, alert the recipient the gun is hot and make them pass it along or keep hidden well.

I grew up in UK where concealed or open carry of any weapon has been prohibited since the 1950's -- and I never saw a handgun in my life until I moved to Alaska for University.

That said, I followed the trial of Florida Professor Dan Markel who was the victim of murder for hire (paid for by his former in-laws), and I will never forget the Latin King gang leader (Luis Rivera) testifying how he went to the corner to pick up a 'piece' for the 'job' on the morning they they drove to Tallahassee. It was as if he went to the corner market to pick up a loaf of bread.

Seriously, the gun network in the States, it's that easy! And the LK leader (Luis Rivera) was also the best witness I've ever watched in my life. IMO, Jillian's gun could very well be in Florida, on the corner, as I type this post! JMO

ETA: Following the murder of Dan Markel, the killers dropped the broken revolver off a bridge when driving back to Miami. The gun was never recovered.

From the newschannel10.com article above, and earlier mentions: "Documents state on April 18, a witness told authorities that Grice came to his house on April 17 and asked about several things, including processing DNA evidence, how long DNA would last in dirt and more. Grice also asked the witness “how to get a ‘guy and his family’ into Mexico.”"

What kind of friend does one have that one would think might know these things?
The kind of friend that would Google for you so your search history didn't have multiple red flags.

<snip>

On Saturday morning, this miscreant 5 had gathered up their equipment, donned their murder garb and set out on their kill mission, each according to their assigned role. In short order, they intercepted the blue Kia, kidnapped VB and JK, apparently with much violence and bloodshed, then confined them in another vehicle and transported them, along with - or perhaps inside of - a chest freezer, to a large and deep pre-dug hole on rented pasture land 8 miles away.

Once there, the miscreant 5 first stripped out of their murder garb and tossed it and most of the assorted tools, implements and accessories of mayhem, torture and murder into the hole.
<snip>

It's so obvious that they had planned this for months...get the tasers, get the freezer, everyone has a role, bring a change of clothes. They must have thought it was foolproof. And yet, LE knew they did it from the start. I wonder how they felt when they were questioned, and later arrested, so quickly after their "brilliant plan".

It's so obvious that they had planned this for months...get the tasers, get the freezer, everyone has a role, bring a change of clothes. They must have thought it was foolproof. And yet, LE knew they did it from the start. I wonder how they felt when they were questioned, and later arrested, so quickly after their "brilliant plan".
They probably were so confused when the cops were onto them so quick. They probably really thought this was a brilliant plan. Not sure they put too much research into this otherwise they would know that T.A. would be the first suspect. I mean honestly they did all the things that get a murderer caught fast. Killing someone they knew and had a problem with, burying them in their "yard" so to speak, leaving a bread crumb trail of cell phones and stun gun purchases for the police to figure out the 4 others were involved, Google searching their planned crimes, asking others questions about their being involved in the crime. These people have got to be the most stupid criminals I have ever seen. They handed all the evidence to the police on a silver platter with a bow.

Edited by me for typo.

So Paul Grice was not only still hanging out with the other misfits when they were getting arrested, but then goes to another friend and essentially implicates himself with his oh-so-casual questions about his DNA at the burial site and options for fleeing to Mexico?!?

There should be extra charges for these misfits just for sheer stupidity. So far we discovered they shopped locally for weapons, didn't understand what "burner phones" are or how cell phones are tracked, told lies that were ridiculously easy to disprove, googled a variety of elements of the murders as well as other attempted crimes, talked openly about the murder plot & their actions in front of others and had other people clean up potential evidence. And that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure I've missed some of their other brilliant moves.
I am inclined to suspect PG may be to most violent of the quintet and the one that used the knife and saw. IMO, he’s the most off in left field, based on his writings. The others may just be plain old mean and nasty, but he strikes me as mean, nasty and deranged. That is a bad combination. I think TA may have recognized that in him and that is why he was in on the plan. He would be the one willing to do the dirty work.

Where are their phones?

MAY 21, 2024
Butler and Kelley’s phone records show that they were active on their carriers until around 9:42 a.m., when their devices stopped transmitting, according to OSBI.

OSBI says that neither of their phones were found at the scene or in the vehicle, and are still missing.

Where are their phones?

MAY 21, 2024
Butler and Kelley’s phone records show that they were active on their carriers until around 9:42 a.m., when their devices stopped transmitting, according to OSBI.

OSBI says that neither of their phones were found at the scene or in the vehicle, and are still missing.
I am shocked that their phones and possibly JK's gun weren't in the same hole as everything else.

Where are their phones?

MAY 21, 2024

Sometimes perps like to keep souvenirs. I'd be asking T.A. Maybe she wanted all the photos of the kids, like any nice grandma would.

“taser” Recovered at Burial Site. TASER? Stun Gun? Or ?
Sydney Batzlaff obtained 12 search warrants. Docs linked in article
@Error505 Thx for your post w link to newschannel10,* where I see a list* of items recovered at burial site, including a "taser."
^ story prints all letters in the word taser in lower case, not like Axon’s trademarked product line ---TASER. Story does not seem to indicate that it quoted that item from the list from AA or a later release written by LE.
Another story (yesterday?) said “taser/flashlight” was among the items recovered.

I agree. From the return warrant (and the AA), only a stun gun was confirmed recovered from the burial location:
View attachment 505129

Is newschannel10 referring to items from same source (the return warrant or AA), but perhaps conflating TASER & stun gun?

Altogether different weapons.

Early on we read about TA’s five stun guns purchase, and I do not recall any of the five ppl arrested having TASER. Could have missed something from LE re TASER.

Anyone? TiA.

Last edited:
Sometimes perps like to keep souvenirs. I'd be asking T.A. Maybe she wanted all the photos of the kids, like any nice grandma would.
Replying to myself to add that it appears that VB and JK's phones were found in the Twombleys' 1991 Chevrolet 1500 pickup truck, per the search warrants linked upthread.

Linking again here for convenience: Search Warrants

It's in the first Affidavit for Search Warrant after the main article.

Edited to add: read the entire Affidavit for Search Warrant.

Last edited:
Replying to myself to add that it appears that VB and JK's phones were found in the Twombleys' 1991 Chevrolet 1500 pickup truck, per the search warrants linked upthread.

Linking again here for convenience: Search Warrants

It's in the first Affidavit for Search Warrant after the main article.

Edited to add: read the entire Affidavit for Search Warrant.
As I read this affidavit I read that both victims phones and a handgun are still unaccounted for, and the phones in the T's truck were their own phones.

A stun gun requires you to be close enough to touch your attacker, whereas a taser allows you to keep some distance.

While both stun guns and Tasers are effective self-defense tools, they operate differently. Stun guns require direct contact with the target, delivering an electric shock upon contact, whereas a Taser can be deployed from a distance using probes that attach to the target, providing a more extended reach for self-protection.
1716439346891.png

@al66pine -- I offer the following for clarification:

From the PCA dated 4/12/24, we have reference to a search warrant for TA's phone which included information obtained from the device including web searches for "taser" pain level, gun shops, and more.

We further learned that on March 23, 2024, TA purchased five "stun guns" at the Big R Store located in Guymon, OK. However, please take note there is no reference to make/model/color, etc. of the stun guns purchased.

From TA's Motion and affidavit to Hold Defendant without Bail, dated 4/16/24, we learned that a stun gun was recovered from the burial site aka Beasley property leased by TC for grazing cattle.

And finally, from the returned Search Warrant (SW 2024-6) dated 5/15/24, we learned that a "Black taser/flashlight" was collected from the Beasley property, and inventoried as noted below.

From the official court documents referenced herewith, it follows that that TA could be in possession of a taser-- which are known to come with a blinding laser light, and could reasonably be described as a "taser/flashlight."

And knowing that TA also purchased five stun guns, it follows that a stun gun would be recovered as stated in the Motion/Affidavit.

While a stun gun and a taser are not the same, and function differently, is it possible the inventoried "taser/flashlight" is the same instrument the author described in the Motion/Affidavit as a stun gun? Perhaps. But I think I'm inclined to believe LE personnel would know the difference between a stun gun and a taser/flashlight -- especially knowing that TA recently purchased 5 stun guns, and not all have been accounted for. JMO

I trust this summary, and the referenced sources, will add clarity to the subject matter. :)

PCA, pg 2/7:

1716441120362.png

PCA, pg 3/7:

1716441377984.png

MTH/Affidavit, pg 7/7:
1716442002624.png

SW-2024-6, pg 9/9:

1716442742834.png

Phones belonging to VB & JK and other things , GUN, stun guns, jewelry, Please read all search warrants in this article.

THAT, your Affiant has probable cause to believe that in the vehicle, above-listed,known as:1991 Chewolet 1500 pickup blue and grey in color, bearing OK tag: IJF605, VIN:2GCEC19Z2MI 175252 belonging to Cole and cora Twombly. The vehicle is in thecustody of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, in Texas County Oklahoma.All within the County of Texas, State of Oklahoma, there is now being concealed certainevidence, namely:cellular phone owned by VERONICA BUTLER with phone number (620) 391-g307,jewelry wom by BUTLER or JILLIAN KELLEY, cellular phone owned by KELLEYwith phone number (620) 428-5788,.380 acp Taurus handgun with silver slide and blackhandle loaded with a full magazine of JAG .380 acp hollow point ammunition, one liveround in the chamber and a cloth holster, stun gun(s), oil dry or kitty litter used for liquidabsorption trace evidence, biological/DNA evidence, digital photographs, spacial scans,and all other evidence of the crime of murder.All of which is subject to being lawfully seized as evidence of the following crimes, to wit:

Phones belonging to VB & JK and other things , GUN, stun guns, jewelry, Please read all search warrants in this article.

THAT, your Affiant has probable cause to believe that in the vehicle, above-listed,known as:1991 Chewolet 1500 pickup blue and grey in color, bearing OK tag: IJF605, VIN:2GCEC19Z2MI 175252 belonging to Cole and cora Twombly. The vehicle is in thecustody of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, in Texas County Oklahoma.All within the County of Texas, State of Oklahoma, there is now being concealed certainevidence, namely:cellular phone owned by VERONICA BUTLER with phone number (620) 391-g307,jewelry wom by BUTLER or JILLIAN KELLEY, cellular phone owned by KELLEYwith phone number (620) 428-5788,.380 acp Taurus handgun with silver slide and blackhandle loaded with a full magazine of JAG .380 acp hollow point ammunition, one liveround in the chamber and a cloth holster, stun gun(s), oil dry or kitty litter used for liquidabsorption trace evidence, biological/DNA evidence, digital photographs, spacial scans,and all other evidence of the crime of murder.All of which is subject to being lawfully seized as evidence of the following crimes, to wit:
LE needed to justify the search and seizure of that vehicle. The list of items above isn't what they found, it's what they intended to look for within the vehicle.

IIRC the victims' phones have not been recovered.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallfry92
Back