Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #6 *Arrests*

Does anyone else visualize Darlene from the Ozarks show when it comes to Momma T?

Unfortunately this is real life and these innocent women should have never been murdered by this band of nut jobs, so many innocent lives ruined.

I wondered yesterday about that big 15 feet deep hole being dug, it sounds like they were leasing the property and had asked the owner if they could remove a tree sometime in early/mid April. So they were plotting this for awhile. :(

MOO

I can't stop thinking about that Saturday night. None of it is literal, just my imagination running away with this atrocious crime because I still cannot fathom who these people think they are.

On Saturday morning, this miscreant 5 had gathered up their equipment, donned their murder garb and set out on their kill mission, each according to their assigned role. In short order, they intercepted the blue Kia, kidnapped VB and JK, apparently with much violence and bloodshed, then confined them in another vehicle and transported them, along with - or perhaps inside of - a chest freezer, to a large and deep pre-dug hole on rented pasture land 8 miles away.

Once there, the miscreant 5 first stripped out of their murder garb and tossed it and most of the assorted tools, implements and accessories of mayhem, torture and murder into the hole.

(I mean, were they all standing around the edge in their underwear, or was that handy stock trailer not only hiding the chest freezer but also acting as a changing room?)

The kill mission then wrapped up with the chest freezer, now a coffin, being pushed, pulled, dumped or leveraged into the hole. Backfilling was completed and hay was scattered loosely over the fresh soil.

All in a day's work. Not even a day. Planned for weeks, accomplished in hours.

How do you go on with your day? How did that Saturday end?

I see them sitting around in the same space that night, bluffing it up, preaching the moral high ground, swelling with righteousness, assuring each other. Reliving the big plays, talking could've, would've, should've. Didn't go quite as planned, but still knocked it out of the park. Plus we buried all the evidence, too. Powerful BS, that.

Were Veronica's children sound asleep in another room?

The only truth is those horrifying things they'll never be able to unsee, unhear or undo. There is no other truth. JMO.

I don't know what I'm trying to say. It's so hard to accept that people like this exist. I wish they didn't.
People like this, unfortunately, do exist. They walk among us, as neighbors, as these killers proved.

LE needed to justify the search and seizure of that vehicle. The list of items above isn't what they found, it's what they intended to look for within the vehicle.

IIRC the victims' phones have not been recovered.

JMO
This exactly what I read as well. 2 different affidavit mention looking for the victims items not that those items were found.

Does anyone else visualize Darlene from the Ozarks show when it comes to Momma T?

Unfortunately this is real life and these innocent women should have never been murdered by this band of nut jobs, so many innocent lives ruined.

I wondered yesterday about that big 15 feet deep hole being dug, it sounds like they were leasing the property and had asked the owner if they could remove a tree sometime in early/mid April. So they were plotting this for awhile. :(

MOO
That in my opinion is a perfect description of TA, she feels totally justified in killing anyone that opposes her. No crime is too small or too big, and she has zero remorse. I would be interested in knowing her upbringing, if this is a generational mindset and actions, or if she was raised in a good traditional Christian family and her actions are totally against her family's values.

Just some comments, and a little research: TASER is a brand name that had become both generic (like Xerox, Ski-Doo and others...) and also has become a verb, in a fashion similar to "Google" meaning "search on the web".
TASER offers multiple versions but the use by LE of "taser" and "flashlight" together makes me believe it is as listed here as "Sidekick" (3rd item, scroll)

Use elsewhere of "stun gun" is even more all encompassing but leads to the conclusion there were (2) devices and the one buried in the well known hole was probably one of the 5 purchased by TA. Presumably no Serial or even this group would have been smarter than to discard it like that. In any case, they were not shy about procuring and discarding fairly valuable items: today, the K-Bar clears $100 easily and the stun gun would be more than that as well. Depending on model, the K-Bar could be 40 years or more old: that purchase may be completely untraceable.

I tracked an owner's manual for the 2022 Kia Sportage as exemplary of the PB starter operation. Kia has evey year/model on the web. Do we have the Year and Model of the incident vehicle?
I have a European sedan and it is possible to disable both the remote and the car by sequencing/combinations of the remote's buttons; nominally to preclude a 'jacking.... In reading the manual indicated, as far as I can tell, there is no way to disable the car as long as you have the remote, intact. I, and others here, believe that the Kia was not intended to be left where it was found. Combining those conditions leads to the supposition that the remote was either pitched or otherwise disabled by one of the victims, as others here have suggested. Of course, thats not proven at this point but I would think LE would be doing a track in the immediate area of the car...it is after all a radio.

JMO and subject to adjust as we gain access to more info.

EBM: Select punctuation

Last edited:
Two ratchet straps were recovered and I have a theory they were used to hold the freezer on the
blue flatbed truck and keep the freezer door shut. The other murder items used could have been tossed into the bed of the blue and gray chevrolet pickup truck. The Twombly's drove these 2 vehicles.

These are just examples of ratchet straps ....

View attachment 504797View attachment 504798
Nice photos, though not realistic. All 24 of mine show much more dirt, fraying, discoloration and generally abuse than those (2).

Just a little levity....

MOO
I completely get the comparison to Darlene from  Ozark. Except there's one huge difference. Darlene was incredibly smart. She would have gotten away with it.

Wouldn't be surprised to learn someday that T.A. fancied herself to be Darlene 2.0, though.

MOO
It has been brought up !

Post in thread 'OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*' OK - OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*

MOO

Yes! I see the resemblance.

Speculation has been that they planned to bury the car but lost the car fob.

Documents also revealed that Cora Twombly’s daughter was instructed to clean the truck’s interior after Cora and Cole returned from their “mission.” The daughter’s friend also helped clean the truck and noticed a stain that appeared to be blood, court documents state

The victims’ bodies were found Sunday, a day after the four initial suspects were arrested, in rural Texas County about nine miles from where their car was found abandoned.

Prosecutors have not decided whether to seek the death penalty against the suspects. Four of them appeared in court Wednesday without attorneys present.

“I would hone in on Grice,” Grace added. “He’s scared and he’ll talk.”

A witness also told an investigator the Grice had asked him shortly after the bodies were found how long it would take the state lab to process DNA evidence, how long DNA would tast in dirt, how long DNA would last on clothing in dirt in a 15 feet deep hole and if he knew how to get a “guy and his family” into Mexico, according to documents.

The witness told the investigator that Grice said he was concerned about his DNA being in the hole where the bodies were found “because he had been to the Twombly residence.”

Exactly. Maybe they gave that stuff to someone else to discard. JMO
Perhaps they understood that leaving their phones with the bodies would lead straight to them, but did not understand burner phones would do the same. So, VB's and JK's phones were turned off, perhaps batteries removed and the phones destroyed somewhere. There's enough vastness there they could be almost anywhere. The gun? good question. Sold or passed on as they could not have kept it in one of the homes of the people arrested without it being found.

Perhaps they understood that leaving their phones with the bodies would lead straight to them, but did not understand burner phones would do the same. So, VB's and JK's phones were turned off, perhaps batteries removed and the phones destroyed somewhere. There's enough vastness there they could be almost anywhere. The gun? good question. Sold or passed on as they could not have kept it in one of the homes of the people arrested without it being found.

We don't know if a gun was missing. If they stole the gun from the purse why leave the ammo?

Phones belonging to VB & JK and other things , GUN, stun guns, jewelry, Please read all search warrants in this article.

THAT, your Affiant has probable cause to believe that in the vehicle, above-listed,known as:1991 Chewolet 1500 pickup blue and grey in color, bearing OK tag: IJF605, VIN:2GCEC19Z2MI 175252 belonging to Cole and cora Twombly. The vehicle is in thecustody of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, in Texas County Oklahoma.All within the County of Texas, State of Oklahoma, there is now being concealed certainevidence, namely:cellular phone owned by VERONICA BUTLER with phone number (620) 391-g307,jewelry wom by BUTLER or JILLIAN KELLEY, cellular phone owned by KELLEYwith phone number (620) 428-5788,.380 acp Taurus handgun with silver slide and blackhandle loaded with a full magazine of JAG .380 acp hollow point ammunition, one liveround in the chamber and a cloth holster, stun gun(s), oil dry or kitty litter used for liquidabsorption trace evidence, biological/DNA evidence, digital photographs, spacial scans,and all other evidence of the crime of murder.All of which is subject to being lawfully seized as evidence of the following crimes, to wit:
I'm quoting myself on the subject again.
The list above is very detailed and specific. Especially the gun.,380 acp Taurus handgun with silver slide and blackhandle loaded with a full magazine of JAG .380 acp hollow point ammunition, one liveround in the chamber
One liveround in the chamber ?? ,too detailed .Loaded with a full magazine ??

I think we will be very surprised that these items were found early on.
They don't have to tell us everything they have or are looking for. Example too, the jewelry ? Most likely both Moms had some kind of jewelry on, but, they're not going to tell us who's was who's until trial.
I know the way it is written, but, I believe those items were found in the truck .
Are those items listed on any other search warrants ? besides the truck ? I'll have to go back and look.

Where are their phones?

MAY 21, 2024
Butler and Kelley’s phone records show that they were active on their carriers until around 9:42 a.m., when their devices stopped transmitting, according to OSBI.

OSBI says that neither of their phones were found at the scene or in the vehicle, and are still missing.
In a link someone posted, with the search warrants (?), when we got the freezer info, one of those documents listed both Veronica's and Jilian's as found and included the phone numbers. Did I read that wrong?

Replying to myself to add that it appears that VB and JK's phones were found in the Twombleys' 1991 Chevrolet 1500 pickup truck, per the search warrants linked upthread.

Linking again here for convenience: Search Warrants

It's in the first Affidavit for Search Warrant after the main article.

Edited to add: read the entire Affidavit for Search Warrant.
That! Thanks.

Phones belonging to VB & JK and other things , GUN, stun guns, jewelry, Please read all search warrants in this article.

THAT, your Affiant has probable cause to believe that in the vehicle, above-listed,known as:1991 Chewolet 1500 pickup blue and grey in color, bearing OK tag: IJF605, VIN:2GCEC19Z2MI 175252 belonging to Cole and cora Twombly. The vehicle is in thecustody of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, in Texas County Oklahoma.All within the County of Texas, State of Oklahoma, there is now being concealed certainevidence, namely:cellular phone owned by VERONICA BUTLER with phone number (620) 391-g307,jewelry wom by BUTLER or JILLIAN KELLEY, cellular phone owned by KELLEYwith phone number (620) 428-5788,.380 acp Taurus handgun with silver slide and blackhandle loaded with a full magazine of JAG .380 acp hollow point ammunition, one liveround in the chamber and a cloth holster, stun gun(s), oil dry or kitty litter used for liquidabsorption trace evidence, biological/DNA evidence, digital photographs, spacial scans,and all other evidence of the crime of murder.All of which is subject to being lawfully seized as evidence of the following crimes, to wit:
Does that mean that's what they recovered or what they hoped they might?

I'm quoting myself on the subject again.
The list above is very detailed and specific. Especially the gun.,380 acp Taurus handgun with silver slide and blackhandle loaded with a full magazine of JAG .380 acp hollow point ammunition, one liveround in the chamber
One liveround in the chamber ?? ,too detailed .Loaded with a full magazine ??

I think we will be very surprised that these items were found early on.
They don't have to tell us everything they have or are looking for. Example too, the jewelry ? Most likely both Moms had some kind of jewelry on, but, they're not going to tell us who's was who's until trial.
I know the way it is written, but, I believe those items were found in the truck .
Are those items listed on any other search warrants ? besides the truck ? I'll have to go back and look.
My guess is that LE found everything. Some of it after the arrests. We just don't know about it yet.

Does that mean that's what they recovered or what they hoped they might?
It's too detailed for me to believe it was what they hoped for. How would they know it had 1 in the chamber ? I just think they have found all that stuff and don't have to tell us(everything)of what they have.Really my opinion I gathered from reading the daggone thing over and over again. :rolleyes:

It's too detailed for me to believe it was what they hoped for. How would they know it had 1 in the chamber ? I just think they have found all that stuff and don't have to tell us(everything)of what they have.Really my opinion I gathered from reading the daggone thing over and over again. :rolleyes:
God point about one in the chamber.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back