OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but it should give you an idea where to start. The question I always ask is “who stands to gain here?”

A motive couldn’t possibly be more clear. The status quo was in great jeopardy of being upended.
Just look at the recent case in TX where the little girl Audrii was killed. The bio dad’s mother had custody, but let the bio dad and other shady guy live on property. Often lifestyles aren’t much better for the kids, but CpS wants them to be “with family.” Perhaps there were shady associations that wouldn’t mind eliminating what was thought to be a problem. Jmo.

APR 1, 2024
[...]

A person close to Butler, who asked to remain anonymous, told ABC 7 that Butler was supposed to pick up her 6-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son in Eva, Oklahoma to celebrate her daughter's birthday.

“Really hard to deal with knowing that someone I've been in contact with since I was 16-years-old (is missing), its been real difficult,” said the source.

[...]

ABC 7 also asked OSBI what kind of shape the car was in when it was found, what was found inside it, if there are any suspects, and the whereabouts of the children. All of that is still under investigation.

[...]

What is the source for the 9:30 a.m. time? Is that when they left Hugoton?
The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation on Sunday announced its involvement in the probe at the request of the Texas County Sheriff's Department, whose jurisdiction includes the isolated part of the Oklahoma panhandle where the women's car was discovered.

Their car was found abandoned along the side of the road near Oklahoma State Highway 95, which is just south of Elkhart, Kansas, right over the border with Oklahoma
Who saw them last and where?

From the article:

"...last seen together in a vehicle later found abandoned in a rural area near the highway."

Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP) reported an Endangered Missing Advisory on Saturday around 6:15 P.M.

ABC 7 also asked OSBI what kind of shape the car was in when it was found, what was found inside it, if there are any suspects, and the whereabouts of the children. All of that is still under investigation.
BBM

IMO, the fact that OSBI won't say where the children are is very telling. If this was a random crime, OSBI would say, the children are at home with their guardian, who reported the two missing when they failed to arrive and is cooperating with LE, etc.

Yarbrough School sent this letter home to the parents on Monday, April 1. The vehicle was found abandoned very nearby the school, and Veronica Butler graduated from this school in 2015. With so little info being released, as a precaution, the school is on lock down.
1712041952400.png

Sometimes when parents live far apart or in rural areas, they will designate a mile marker or other unique feature along a specific road as the meeting place for parenting time exchanges. Wonder if that was the arrangement for this (apparently) Easter holiday exchange.
I'm curious to know if the grandma called anyone when the women did not show to meet up with them??? Did she call authorities or the women's phones? How long did she wait at specified spot? She should have had the children with her. So many questions. The answers will be very telling.

What is the source for the 9:30 a.m. time? Is that when they left Hugoton?

Who saw them last and where?

From the article:

"...last seen together in a vehicle later found abandoned in a rural area near the highway."

Oklahoma Highway Patrol (OHP) reported an Endangered Missing Advisory on Saturday around 6:15 P.M.
Looking at the map, my guess is that Butler left Hugaton where she lives, drove to Elkhart where Kelley lives, either picked her up or she got in Kelley’s vehicle, and they drove south on Hwy 95 towards the town of Eva where they were supposed to pick up the children for the visitation.
The vehicle was found a little less than 3 miles north of town. Looking more closely at the map, the location is on 95 around Rd L and where another road, NO620 Rd merges onto 95. NO620 is a rural dirt road. If this is a targeted incident, this would be an ideal spot for someone to lay in wait for Butler and Kelley to pass, then fall in behind them and somehow force the vehicle to stop or could be the way the women left or were brought out of the area.

Attachments

• IMG_0340.jpeg
    IMG_0340.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0338.jpeg
    IMG_0338.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
These OCSN files (link below) are almost...unbearable. ya know.... those times when we actually feel "dirty" after reading..

The case that begins way back in 2019..... these parents were basically kids. So some behaviors are pretty understandable.

BUT There is SO much legal activity and spending. My guess is that the father of VB children is getting massive amounts of money and influence from someone who has lots of lawyer friends.

In the end, imo, this woman VB was "legally abused".

APR 2, 2024
[...]

... Butler’s blue Kia was found abandoned.

[...]

“It appears that this was not a willing incident on their own to have taken off or anything of that nature,” said Tim Singer, pastor at Hugoton Assembly of God. “It looks to be that there is something more involved.”

Hunter McKee with the OSBI said, “There is every reason to believe that they could be in danger.”

[...]

MOD NOTE: A reminder straight from Etiquette & Information, linked below this post.

"VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their social media, personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them."

If you have info you wish to discuss that doesn't belong on the thread, make a private conversation and discuss it all you'd like.

Thanks for helping us keep Websleuths like Tricia has always intended.

Knitty,

These OCSN files (link below) are almost...unbearable. ya know.... those times when we actually feel "dirty" after reading..

The case that begins way back in 2019..... these parents were basically kids. So some behaviors are pretty understandable.

BUT There is SO much legal activity and spending. My guess is that the father of VB children is getting massive amounts of money and influence from someone who has lots of lawyer friends.

In the end, imo, this woman VB was "legally abused".

I agree. Reading about alleged "colorful language" has me feeling extra dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member