Found Deceased OR - Allyson Joy Watterson, 20, North Plains, 22 Dec 2019

Max is the local light rail that connects the suburbs to central Portland. There are two stations out in Hillsboro.

(I snipped your previous post down to the bit I was replying to, for clarity. I hope this makes sense and is okay!)

Lots of speculation to follow:

It kinda sounds like Ben is homeless. Spends all night friday at a party. Gets dropped off at a max (gas station?) At 11pm saturday night.....don't know where they spent saturday night. Gets a ride from his mom early sunday morning.......and she drops them off at a grocery store? Why was Allyson hanging out with this guy? My best guess would be drugs. Misty spoke about Allyson's drug use. She said that Allyson smoked pot and had tried some harder drugs a few times. I wonder if Allyson wasn't totally open with her mom about her habits or addictions.

Lots of speculation to follow:

Wow. Awesome post. So much interesting info. So many new questions.... : (

It kinda sounds like Ben is homeless. Spends all night friday at a party. Gets dropped off at a max (gas station?) At 11pm saturday night.....don't know where they spent saturday night. Gets a ride from his mom early sunday morning.......and she drops them off at a grocery store? Why was Allyson hanging out with this guy? My best guess would be drugs. Misty spoke about Allyson's drug use. She said that Allyson smoked pot and had tried some harder drugs a few times. I wonder if Allyson wasn't totally open with her mom about her habits or addictions.

Did they choose to leave the party Saturday night? Or were they asked to leave? Did they run out of money and/or drugs?

It kind of sounds like when they were spotted and photographed in the red truck on sunday morning, that maybe they got spooked and tried to ditch the truck. And that is how they ended up on foot. I wonder if one of them was shoeless at the fire station? I would think so, because i don't see how she could have "lost" her shoes within the next few hours.

Then the whole grandma thing is perplexing. The only thing that i can think of that could possibly explain this situation is heroin. (Again, total speculation). They found a secluded place off the road to wait for g-ma. They needed a fix. They didn't know where or when they would have a chance to shoot-up after being picked up. They shoot-up, get really effed-up, and miss their ride. This could also possibly explain the whole "sleeping in the bushes" thing. Maybe he passed out, and when he woke up, she was either dead or gone.

Again, this is just one of numerous possibilities. To me, it does seem to connect a lot of dots. There is an opiod epidemic, and opiods would kind of seem to explain his/their behavior and lifestyle.

Did he hang the coat on the fence....hoping g-ma would see it? Did they lay it on the fence to make it easier/safer to climb over barbed wire?

I hope i am wrong about all of this, and that she is found safe. Unfortunately, at this point, it might be more realistic to just hope that she is found.

MOO
IMO, Ben and his family have a lot of explaining to do. I really think this will be a recovery mission unfortunately. A new search is tomorrow and my family will participate.

Max is the local light rail that connects the suburbs to central Portland. There are two stations out in Hillsboro.

(I snipped your previous post down to the bit I was replying to, for clarity. I hope this makes sense and is okay!)
I am local and there are more than 2 Hillsboro Max stations. The last stop (end of the line) in Hillsboro is the government center by the main post office .

IMO, Ben and his family have a lot of explaining to do. I really think this will be a recovery mission unfortunately. A new search is tomorrow and my family will participate.
JMO
It's a shame that Ben's parents chose to be silent in order to protect their son from the authorities instead of informing Misty of the situation, especially after being asked about Allyson.
JMO

• FRI-DEC-20-2019 (timeline updated 5 hours ago)

4:00 PM: Allyson leaves the house. Is in regular contact with her mom via messaging.

Ben & Allyson go to a friend’s house in North Plains for a BBQ/Party. They stay here overnight and through much of the next day (to the best of our knowledge).

It is worth noting that Misty was not aware of where they were headed. It wasn't until Allyson went missing that we started to piece these parts together.

• Early Evening: They are picked up from the friend’s house in North Plains (time?) by one of Allyson’s friends and driven into Hillsboro.

11:00 PM: The pair are dropped off at a max station in Hillsboro. (either 185th or 158th, uncertain).

• SUN-DEC-22-2019

1:30 AM: They are somewhere with WiFi (location not known) as Allyson’s phone backs up to the iCloud at this time.

7:00 AM: The pair is at a Fire Station on 25th Ave in Hillsboro (Fire Station #5). They ring the bell on the door and interact with the fire crew there and ask to use a phone. The story is that they were robbed and need to make a call.

Fire crew lets them in to the use the phone but feel something is off/wrong so they call the police. Police arrive on scene and interview Allyson (she is on body cam – family has reviewed this).

Ben indicates he does not wish to talk to them and as no crime has been committed they do not interview him (unfortunate missed opportunity to take him into custody on his warrant).

Ben did make a phone call as Mrs. Garland (Ben’s mom) arrives around the time the police do (fire fighters confirm this with us later). This contact is not reported to Misty until a day or two into the initial search efforts when the body cam is shown to her and select others.

7:30 AM: Ben & Allyson are dropped off near Winco by Ben’s mom. We believe it was the Winco near Cornelius Pass Road. Based on events, we assume this is where the red truck is acquired (whether it was stolen from here or stashed near here we do not know).

8:30 AM: Allyson sends her mother a text via FB Messenger, device used is unknown.

9:30 AM: The picture that WCSO later releases of the red truck is taken at Jackson Quarry Road.

We assume the truck was taken to a known location on Collins Rd., though it is possible that was not the path they took as this is merely guesswork and putting pieces together. If they did go here, it is a short walk through some wooded terrain to arrive at Shipley Road which leads to Pumpkin Ridge.

Alternatively, the truck could have been taken up Pumpkin Ridge and stashed and then moved later. A neighbor does indicate his wife saw the red pickup at the property above his on Collins Rd. and also that WCSO had been up there.

We also know that (later in the timeline) the truck is taken from here by Ben on Monday (per a resident) and driven off where it is later located at his friend’s house where he was taken into custody. With a lot of hours from the couple’s last sighting to him being found in a different truck there are numerous possibilities.

10:30-11:00 AM: Conflicting times have been given for the phone call but it is all within this time frame, from Sally’s house on Pumpkin Ridge.
    A FedEx driver in the area confirms that she sees them in this area around 11:05 AM. Resident indicates that she offers to call police, they appear to want to leave at that point. She then indicates they can use the phone and call who they need.

She provides Allyson a glass of water and notes that he (Ben) has no shoes on. Story is that she (Allyson) lost her shoes so he has given her his shoes. Resident indicates that Allyson appears in shock and is muddy/wet. Ben places a call to his grandmother and they leave shortly after.

11:25 AM: FedEx driver, coming back down the hill, sees them in the road around 18800 Pumpkin Ridge. This is the same area that a search team found a jacket placed over a fence that led onto private property. The jacket that was found is a jacket we know Allyson was wearing (due to a picture they had taken on Friday) and we later confirmed that the jacket belonged to Ben.

11:45 AM: Ben’s grandmother drives up Pumpkin Ridge and interacts with a resident here. She indicates that her grandson called saying they had been in an accident on Old Pumpkin Ridge and needed a ride/help. As they are too far up the hill the resident directs them back down towards the confluence of Pumpkin Ridge and Old Pumpkin Ridge roads.

11:51 AM: Ben’s grandmother is seen on a resident’s surveillance video turning around to go back down the hill.

Remaining events of the day are essentially unknown. At some point Ben indicates he slept in blackberry bushes for a while after losing/leaving/parting ways with Allyson. There are a couple of stories told as to how they are separated from her being too tired to walk anymore, to her telling him to leave her, etc.
    MON-DEC-23-2019:

• 6:00 AM: Misty gets up for work and start messaging Allyson's friends to see if they've heard from her as her message from Sunday indicated that she would be home that night so Misty is concerned when she wakes up and finds Allyson is not home. In the morning Misty messages Mrs. Garland asking if she has heard from the kids but is told no.

6:00-7:00 AM: Ben is found in Ralph’s pickup truck. Ralph describes him as being soaking wet. Ben indicates his friends left him out here and he needed somewhere to get dry/sleep. He does not mention Allyson. Ralph gives him a ride home.

NOON: Ben’s dad arrives home and asks Ben where Allyson is. After he tells his father that he left her in North Plains they allegedly go looking for her. Shortly after this Ben’s mother messages Misty asking if she has heard anything, does not mention that Ben has been home or the fact he came home without her.

At some point during the next few hours Ben retrieves the stolen truck from Collins Rd. The truck is eventually taken to his friend’s house where he is later arrested and the truck is retrieved by WCSO.

5:30 PM: Ben’s father phones in a missing person report.

6:00 PM: Misty gets a call at work to tell her that Allyson has been reported missing. Only at this time is Misty aware that something is actually wrong. Family members make their way to North Plains and meet with WCSO at which time the searching begins.

[ TIMELINE CREATED BY TREVOR MACY - FAMILY SPOKESPERSON ]
Thanks for this post, OregonMama. Just adding the link for reference.

Wishing you the best of luck in today's search. Stay safe! MOO

MISSING: Allyson Watterson

What on earth happened to her shoes?!

I have experimented with drugs in the past and that is the only time I can think of a possibly losing my shoes. Not that I ever did or came close to. Yes a jumper once at a concert...but shoes!

He must have cared about her to give her his shoes as her feet must have been really painful on bare forest floor.

I do think he left her as she was annoying him, she was potentially moaning alot regarding being tired and cold etc. He had no shoes at this point and was probably fed up as well.

I think she either met a bad person or simply had an accident / feel asleep and succumbed to the elements.

I think they were avoiding someone, were on drugs and paranoid. I do thi k the reason they were in that area was because of taking drugs, maybe they owed someone money who was waiting for them in one area and they were trying to avoid coming into contact with this individual.

IMOO

What on earth happened to her shoes?!

IMOO
‘I will do anything to get her home, anything’: Search for missing woman enters 3rd day near North Plains

So far the only detail that seems to be confirmed by LE or Misty is her jacket being found on the fence (which is super concerning as she would have been hypothermic very quickly without it). The above article clarifies the rumor of her boots being found (doesn't sound like they were):

I know the area really well. I grew up out here and have family out here and I know the woods, so I was hoping that I could be of some kind of help,” said Kamryn Marts, a friend of Watterson’s.

Marts went to school with both Watterson and her boyfriend, Benjamin Hunter Garland – the man Watterson was last seen with – and who’s since been arrested on charges unrelated to Watterson’s disappearance.

“I hope that it’s nothing related,” Marts said. “I couldn’t see him purposely doing anything to harm her and I couldn’t see him, I don’t know. I couldn’t see him hurting her like that. I would really hope that he doesn’t have anything to do with it.”

Marts says she’s been helping search and found a pair of boots nearby. They’ve since been turned over to deputies.

“It was like a pair of men’s work boots. They were in like, a Walmart or Winco grocery bag type deal. It looked like they were just bagged up and kind of thrown,” she said.

Allyson was last known to be wearing a pair of CK boots. While Calvin Klein does make a kind of combat boot, most of their boots are the heeled/designer variety so my guess has been she lost them running though rough terrain (if a heeled/bootie type) or took them off to walk through a wet area and dropped them at some point. One poster suggested she had them off already and the seemingly abrupt circumstances that brought them to Sally's door caused her to be parted from her belongings. This would mean her backpack/purse/phone are potentially somewhere else and someone is not coming forward with them for a reason.

In other news, there is a search today in North Plains. Best of luck to them!

I came across a local news article this morning that I thought may be pertinent (may also very well be completely unrelated, but in the interest of researching every possible tip, this still felt relevant enough).

Hillsboro Police may have found human remains in landfill

At this time, there is nothing linking the disappearance of AW to the discovery of possible human remains at the Hillsboro landfill.

I will do my best to keep tabs on this particular discovery, one way or another. Will be refreshing this news page often, but it looks as though they expect an update sometime Monday or Tuesday (as Monday is a holiday).

MOO.

I came across a local news article this morning that I thought may be pertinent (may also very well be completely unrelated, but in the interest of researching every possible tip, this still felt relevant enough).

At this time, there is nothing linking the disappearance of AW to the discovery of possible human remains at the Hillsboro landfill.

I will do my best to keep tabs on this particular discovery, one way or another. Will be refreshing this news page often, but it looks as though they expect an update sometime Monday or Tuesday (as Monday is a holiday).

MOO.
Noting:
  • The item that was found could either be human remains or an educational tool or movie prop, said Eric Bunday with Hillsboro Police. Police are unable to say one way or the other at this time.
  • The possible remains were found in the garbage processing area. They could have brought in by a garbage truck, Bunday said.
  • They expect to get some answers from the crime lab Monday or Tuesday.

MOO.
Thank you fo sharing this! LE was there searching for a reason IMO. Oh poor Misty she must be beside herself.

Here are the other potentials:
MP64162 11/26/2019 Gerbensky-Parker, Emily ,34
MP58187 04/24/2019 Morales Ramirez, Edilma, 17
MP33259 12/18/2015 Berasis Sherriff, Mina , 14
Last seen in red sweatshirt with possibly dyed purple hair
MP17282 , 08/26/2012 Bolanos-Rivera , Maria, 55
MP883 07/02/1999 Kennedy, Anthony, 22

There is also Sherry Wellwood who is from Hillsboro
OR - OR - Sherry Wellwood, 46, Portland hospital, 10 Dec 2019 *car found*

I also uncovered this recently- North Plains man accused of kidnapping, assaulting girlfriend

Here is where that occurred:
Google Maps

*modsnip* / screenshot removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members