Found Deceased OR - Dennis Day, 76, former original Disney Mouseketeer, Phoenix, Jackson Co, 15 July 2018 *Arrest*

Note comment on FB story by VG.
KOBI-TV NBC5

Women charged with stealing car belonging to former missing man found dead - KOBI-TV NBC5 / KOTI-TV NBC2

Scroll down...both women were arrested in Sept 2018 on unrelated charges.

Jackson County Mugshots : Sep-04-2018 - Oregon Crime News

Wanda Garcia FB. It appears her daughter and husband are missing!

Wanda Garcia
Her daughter posted an item for sale on a Wednesday. Look up “C**** (daughter’s first name) Garcia missing” on FB. First post that comes up tags two of her profiles.

I wonder if husband and daughter went missing from HER, possibly because of whatever she has gotten herself into or done.

Edited to remove daughter’s name, which is easily found on mother’s timeline.

Daugther & husband missing? Do we have a thread?

I can’t find anything official showing they are missing.

Her daughter posted an item for sale on a Wednesday. Look up “C**** (daughter’s first name) Garcia missing” on FB. First post that comes up tags two of her profiles.

I wonder if husband and daughter went missing from HER, possibly because of whatever she has gotten herself into or done.

Edited to remove daughter’s name, which is easily found on mother’s timeline.

Yes, I see that. Your theory sounds possible.

I’m still trying to figure out a time line. Did they steal it before he died?

Good question. I’m not sure we know yet, but here’s what was said earlier...

‘People automatically assume something must have happened because you have these two people in his car,’ continued Price. ‘The story I have is the car was taken or possibly given to a transient female for helping the handyman do some work around the house…. But Dennis was already gone at that time.’

OR - Dennis Day, 76, former original Disney Mouseketeer, Phoenix, Jackson County, 15 July 2018

Last edited:
I’m curious how they were unable to use DNA or teeth for ID. I can’t think of anything that would cause such severe decomp that isn’t foul play. People are found years later and identified by bones/teeth.

The only thing I can think of is that he no longer had his teeth. Bones, I don’t know why they wouldn’t yield DNA. I don’t think there’s any doubt that it’s foul play. I hope they can prove it though.

ETA: I found these possible explanations on the FB page for Dennis. Apparently, the high temperatures last summer could have had an effect on the proteins (even in bones apparently) that would degrade it. I haven’t researched this myself however.

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is that he no longer had his teeth. Bones, I don’t know why they wouldn’t yield DNA. I don’t think there’s any doubt that it’s foul play. I hope they can prove it though.

ETA: I found these possible explanations on the FB page for Dennis. Apparently, the high temperatures last summer could have had an effect on the proteins (even in bones apparently) that would degrade it. I haven’t researched this myself however.

Yeah I suppose at that age dentures wouldn’t be uncommon. That’s interesting about the proteins though, thanks!

I agree that it’s way too much of a “perfect storm” to have been any kind of natural death.

Burda was a handyman who did work around the house Day lived in with husband Henry “Ernie” Caswell. Burda at one point stayed at the house in exchange for work for the couple, according to the Phoenix Police Department. But Day eventually told a friend that Burda had hurt him. Day and the friend planned to report the incident to police, but Day disappeared shortly after.

Mouseketeer Dennis Day’s former handyman arrested in his death

I’m glad to see this. I was kind of expecting it after seeing his name on FB and discovering he was in jail on other charges. He has quite a few mugshots. I wonder if the two women will face more charges.

Burda was a handyman who did work around the house Day lived in with husband Henry “Ernie” Caswell. Burda at one point stayed at the house in exchange for work for the couple, according to the Phoenix Police Department. But Day eventually told a friend that Burda had hurt him. Day and the friend planned to report the incident to police, but Day disappeared shortly after.

Mouseketeer Dennis Day’s former handyman arrested in his death

Just catching up on this. How sad, but I'm glad LE finally decided to fully investigate this poor man's death. How awful, he was being abused by the handyman.

Handyman, 36, is arrested over death of original Disney Mouseketeer Dennis Day, 76 | Daily Mail Online

The news reports say the handyman was accused of identity theft as well. How did LE not pick up on this when DD went "missing" and his family contacted them. Shouldn't they have noticed right away that someone had stolen DD's identity? I thought LE had the tools to find that out? Shouldn't his criminal background have raised some red flags?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monique 9903
Back