OR OR - Heather Thompson, 39, Roseburg, 4 Aug 2010

Keen.com has no decent moderation in place and each Advisor there is considered an 'independent contractor'. They pay a connection fee for each call as well as Keen takes 40% $ of their phone calls. Keen pays little to no attention to who the advisors really are.

They just recently (the past 2 or3 years) implemented Blogs for the Advisors and the blogs as well as the client feedback are never properly moderated..

To get the attention of someone at Keen, I would contact someone at
Ingenio (who's parent company is ATT&T Interactive). You would have much better luck trying that, I think.

ETA: Also, if she was on Keen, she may have also been on Kasamba.com.. which is now LivePerson.com

Thank you for that validation NoeticSoul. Do you know how we might go about checking to see if Heather or LadyDragonFly57 was ever involved in either of the sites you mention? I did some googling and found nothing.

I believe I mentioned (a few pages back) that I'd found something intriguing but I never posted a link. Forgive me if I did. I don't think this is Heather but I thought I'd just put it out there:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/education/170091-why-celebrated.html#post1726425

It's the post on Oct. 13, 2007 by BusinessBeauty. Here's the posting data (not much) for that poster:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/members/businessbeauty-177253.html

I also just noticed that there is another shop on the coast, west of Albany in Gleneden Beach, named the Crystal Wizard. It's 125 miles from Heather's home but I wonder if she might have visited up there, as a traveling "reader", possibly with CS. They do feature guest readers:

http://www.iamawake.com/schedule.htm#cw

71 Stitches--Just wondering if Mystic Earth has been more compassionate about letting their customers know of Heather's passing?

Hello Everyone, Today I was driving home and drove past the psychic store that Heather use to go to. I went to the store looking for the girl Heather had befriended there. Being in the store reminded me of when she took me there 2 years ago. Unfortunately Heather's friend no longer works there. I spoke to another lady. She said that the police know who committed Heather's murder. They just don't know how to prove it. She told me not to worry they will prove it and arrest the man midtime next year. I don't know if many of the people on here believe in psychics. It was just something I wanted to share.

Yes, I'd really love to believe it too. But I have a question. Did you get the impression that the woman was using her psychic "gifts" to give you this info or did she seem to have direct knowledge of the case? Just curious.

FWIW, I was recently contacted by a person in Roseburg about another matter entirely--no connection. This person doesn't know about WS. In our emails, I asked if this person knew anything about Heather's murder. They'd never heard of it and have lived in the Winston/Roseburg all their life.

That really disappointed me.

Yes, I'd really love to believe it too. But I have a question. Did you get the impression that the woman was using her psychic "gifts" to give you this info or did she seem to have direct knowledge of the case? Just curious.
QUOTE]

Missizzy, I do believe this lady was using her "gift" She didn't know heather. I didn't talk to her long. She was kinda in a hurry so it was just a few mins.

I was just doing some checking to see if there is any news about Heather and found this:

http://www.tsweekly.com/supersky/

I don't recall ever seeing this before. Heather was murdered on or about Aug. 3rd, 2010--the same day this Heather Thompson signed on at 5:36 pm. It's a weekly newspaper, The Source, out of Bend, OR. It says that there have been 70 views of Heather's profile. The last time "she" signed on was around Sept. 10th.

Curious.

Probably nothing. There is a woman in Bend with the same name (same middle initial, too). Near the same age. But very odd that she would sign on that day. I guess there are coincidences.

"only71"...I thought I heard that the police wrapped up the investigation and were going to give information to her parents?

only71stitches--This might be way off base, but have you read the story about Audrey Gleave's recent murder in Ancaster, Ontario? Some similarities there. Very chilling. We have a thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124074"]Audrey Gleave, retired teacher, viciously murdered in home, Ancaster Ontario - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

You might want to take a look.

only71stitches--This is a real long shot but do you know if Heather ever had any connection with the Church of the Nazarene when she was a child?

I check every single day about news on this case. I'm still looking for CS and MG, with no luck. Heather is never far from my mind. My husband recently drove to Portland and he said that when he passed by the cut off for Green, he got the saddest feeling. He knows all about her case from looking over my shoulder.

Has the family ever considered trying to get an investigative reporter from the Register Guard of Eugene or The Oregonian of Portland (our two largest papers) interested in the case? The local paper surely isn't doing much to put any pressure on LE. In researching other cases, I've just been appalled to see families wait for years while a case just languishes or gets fumbled in some way. It's not right. Families deserve closure.

Missizzy - Her parents have not said anything about getting the press involved. I have thought about doing that myself...

I just drove through that area on my way up to Seattle for Christmas and it was very sad... Matter of fact, I didn't want to go through there again, so I went out of my way and drove home down the coast.

I feel her case has just been pushed aside... There may be an answer someday, but how long do we have to wait. I do think the media needs to push the LE. Down here in LA, there wast a case just a few days ago that was very much like Heather's and the press was all over it and gave up all the details that the LE in Roseburg wouldn't release... Why is that I wonder...

Heather was never involved in any church... He first real dealings with a church was when her and I got married, and we never went back after that...

I was doing some research about Audrey Gleave's murder and came across an interesting and recent article concerning sexual components in murders:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/nov/21/70-of-victims-women-sexual-component-often-seen/

70% of victims women; sexual component often seen

"....According to the FBI's Supplementary Homicide Report, local police reported that about 33,000 homicides of women remain unsolved...."

As horrible as it is, it sounds like Heather is not alone concerning her case not being solved. Audrey Gleave's murder hasn't either. How are these killers getting away with it?

I just want to bring this out of Missizzy's link. Thank you for posting it, it was very informative:
http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2010/nov/21/70-of-victims-women-sexual-component-often-seen/

70% of victims women; sexual component often seen
THOMAS HARGROVE Scripps Howard News Service
Published Sunday, November 21, 2010

According to recently released FBI data, women accounted for 70 percent of the 1,398 known victims of serial killers since 1985. By comparison, women represented only 22 percent of total homicide victims.

FBI agent Mark Hilts, head of the bureau's Behavioral Analysis Unit No. 2 that profiles serial killers, said "a large number" of serial killers act with a sexual motive.

"Sex can be a motivation, but it's a motivation in conjunction with something else - with anger, with power, with control," Hilts said. "Most serial killers do derive satisfaction from the act of killing, and that's what differentiates them" from those who kill to help commit or conceal another crime.

My brain is spinning a little with those statistics....

Terri Horman is the step-mother of Kyron Horman, a young boy who has been missing from his Portland, OR school since June 2010. His step-mother is thought by some to be involved in his disappearance and she now lives in Roseburg with family members.

By the time that comment was written, on Aug. 7th, many already were suspicious of some of Terri's actions. We have a huge thread on Kyron here on WS, if you are interested. Personally, I don't sense any connection.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back