OR - Jayme Austin, 31, Coquille, 9 Nov 2009

I don't think so. The weather hasn't been very cold and the rain has been off and on all week.

I guess they felt it was starnge due it raining that she would leave her car window down.

I guess they felt it was starnge due it raining that she would leave her car window down.

Hmmm. Maybe it was raining there? It's been really off and on all week here and I'm north of Coquille... I've messaged a friend from that area and will ask that question when I hear from her.

Ya know Kim I don't think I can take anymore missing person cases. This is unreal to have so many people missing in one year. It never stops. Never.

Ya know Kim I don't think I can take anymore missing person cases. This is unreal to have so many people missing in one year. It never stops. Never.

I know exactly what you mean! And this case...it reminds me of Lindsey Baum. These are small rural communities...everyone knows everyone...It chills me to the bone!!!

Mom's name is Cindy Gisholt. LE asked Cindy not to disclose information about what the bathroom looked like, but it has been declared "suspicious". BF is on a fishing boat on the Bering Sea.

She had a "kook" calling her over and over on her cell. It was a couple of months ago. She jokingly called him her "stalker". He hacked into her phone messages, her MS messages...she changed her passwords several times!!!
===============================================

So, someone with a knowledge of computers and hacking.
Did she report his to LE?
If not, I guess they can start tracing calls now.

It does not look good for Jayme.
It seems as if her 'stalker' could have been watching her, and saw her vulnerability( in a hurry, in the shower) as a time of opportunity.

Dreamweaver! Can you tell us about the weather when Jayme went missing??? Is it odd that her car window was open?

And what else to you think about this case???????????

Hmmm. Maybe it was raining there? It's been really off and on all week here and I'm north of Coquille... I've messaged a friend from that area and will ask that question when I hear from her.
==================
There is not that much news out there, but I thought I read
that it had been raining. Most of us in Oregon
have those car windows up, because it can rain at any time..

Yeah, I'm not thinking this case looks good. I messaged a member who lives in Coquille and am hoping she can tell us what is happening there "on the ground". I ALMOST went there this week, but my son's sudden decision to move over to the campus made me switch my plans.

==================
There is not that much news out there, but I thought I read
that it had been raining. Most of us in Oregon
have those car windows up, because it can rain at any time..

Mine are up and down..but you have a point. I don't leave them open when I go in the house. I wonder if she'd left her purse in the car and the perp told her to go and get her money? I need to Google map and get a feel for the area.

We used to go to Coquille for wrestling tournaments a lot a few years back. It is VERY VERY rural out there, for those who are not familiar with the area.

She had to have been abducted.
She is getting ready to go to work.
Her shower is not working.
Calls her mom to ask if it is okay
to use her shower, mom says sure.
Obviously, goes to mom's.
But does not show up at work.
Work phones mom.
(I like how small towns work.)
Mom goes back home.
Jayme's car is in the driveway.
Jayme is not there.
The bathroom is wet.

And if LE asked mom to not discuss the bathroom
scene, then there is more that mom is not saying.
Perhaps forensic evidence of some sort.
We can only hope.

LE did say that the bathroom looked suspicious. Oh my gosh, I hate this so much! There are forests all around...if a hid her in the forest, finding her will be impossible.

She might still be alive out there with a perp, too! Brooke Wilberger's killer kept her alive for a time...

How I wish I could just drive down there and find her!

http://www.coquillecommunitynews.com/
Large search today.

''snipped''
About 30 people looked for 31-year-old Jayme Austin, including two tracking dogs, according to a press release from Coos County District Attorney Paul Frasier late Tuesday. The North Bend Dive Team checked nearby water sources and a Coast Guard Helicopter searched the area from the air, but after what Frasier called an exhaustive search there was no evidence of where Austin might be found.

more at link

LE did say that the bathroom looked suspicious. Oh my gosh, I hate this so much! There are forests all around...if a hid her in the forest, finding her will be impossible.

She might still be alive out there with a perp, too! Brooke Wilberger's killer kept her alive for a time...

How I wish I could just drive down there and find her!

---------------------------
That most recent news article psted says,
'snipped'

According to Frasier, Sheriff’s deputies will continue looking today, driving forest and logging roads.

:highfive:

I was just thinking about the weather here on Monday and it was going back and forth from rain to sun and back. I was looking outside from the upstairs window.
-------------------
It has rained off and on here all this week.

Jayme could be anywhere.
As you mentioned, there are so many logging roads and access roads and someone could be 10 feet from the road and not be seen.

You know, this isn't just some perp jumping off the 5 freeway and attacking someone. This perp has to be local, I'm thinking. NG mentioned Leah Freeman but I think they have a solid POI in her case...and that happened years ago. Hopefully we'll hear from my local friend on this case pretty soon.

It seems as if it could be the stalker person.
They probably live near there.
Jayme and her mom live close by each other,
on the same road.
If it is a stalker situation, he/she would know
Jayme's car and her routine.

It would not be too hard to do a forensic evaluation
of Jayme's computer and find her cell phone records.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back