OR - Jayme Austin, 31, Coquille, 9 Nov 2009

It seems as if it could be the stalker person.
They probably live near there.
Jayme and her mom live close by each other,
on the same road.
If it is a stalker situation, he/she would know
Jayme's car and her routine.

It would not be too hard to do a forensic evaluation
of Jayme's computer and find her cell phone records.

I wonder how long it takes to track the stalker on a computer? I think I'll ask . I mean, what if it is the stalker and he has her alive somewhere? They need to find her FAST!!!

The "kook" could even be a woman who was jealous of Jayme or some male stalker. Hope they are able to find out who this person is since he/she would be the main suspect.

===============================================

So, someone with a knowledge of computers and hacking.
Did she report his to LE?
If not, I guess they can start tracing calls now.

It does not look good for Jayme.
It seems as if her 'stalker' could have been watching her, and saw her vulnerability( in a hurry, in the shower) as a time of opportunity.

Hi Dreamweaver, Kimster too! This is really the bunk and I sure hope she is found soon, and alive. It sure sounds suspicious so far. I have heard nothing about this case either on the Portland news and feel like calling Channel 6, KOIN.:waitasec:

I bet LE gets a tag on whoever this geeky guy is and I don't think it will take long.

Oregon has one stellar and almost secret force that helps fight crime, and that is the Oregon State Police. They have different divisions to spotlight and stop crime, and wonder if they will be involved. They are quite involved on the Oregon Coast I know.

I'm keeping Jayme in my prayers and thoughts. xox

You know, this isn't just some perp jumping off the 5 freeway and attacking someone. This perp has to be local, I'm thinking. NG mentioned Leah Freeman but I think they have a solid POI in her case...and that happened years ago. Hopefully we'll hear from my local friend on this case pretty soon.

OMG, shades of yesteryear! I once lived 2 houses down from the I-5 killer in Lake Grove and didn't even learn about it till he was caught and in jail. xox

I'm going to watch the Eugene stations tonight and see if they have anything about Jayme. I haven't watched it this week and am no longer receiving the Register Guard, so I'm out of the loop lately. Hopefully they'll have an updated report and I'll let everyone know.

OMG, shades of yesteryear! I once lived 2 houses down from the I-5 killer in Lake Grove and didn't even learn about it till he was caught and in jail. xox

How scary! Well, Coquille isn't easy to get to from the 5, really. If it were someone like that, they'd be more likely to hit Roseburg or one of the small towns around there. And I've NEVER heard of a roaming the 101, which is closer.

==================
There is not that much news out there, but I thought I read
that it had been raining. Most of us in Oregon
have those car windows up, because it can rain at any time..

You bet! This afternoon we had a squall out of the blue come up over West Slope and within a few min it was white from hail. I went to the store and it was still all over everything when I got back, 1/2 hour.

There also was a small tornado that came from the coast and blew up over the Valley to the E, and one like that at the coast yesterday. Not a real tornado but very similar except they don't always touch the ground.

Coquille is by Coos Bay and a bit N of the banana belt of the Oregon Coast whuich is due S, and I bet they've had as nasty a few days of weather as we have in the Willamette Valley. xoxxo xoxoxo

Yeah, I'm not thinking this case looks good. I messaged a member who lives in Coquille and am hoping she can tell us what is happening there "on the ground". I ALMOST went there this week, but my son's sudden decision to move over to the campus made me switch my plans.

O/T, but I hope he loves school this year and he must be very serious about it, wanting to be right there for everything he is involved in. xox

How scary! Well, Coquille isn't easy to get to from the 5, really. If it were someone like that, they'd be more likely to hit Roseburg or one of the small towns around there. And I've NEVER heard of a roaming the 101, which is closer.

I don't think I have either Kimster. I think of that Oriental guy who collected underwear from laundry rooms at various Universities like in Newberg, Eugene and Corvallis. All those places are connected by Hwy 99 which is like 101 or similar.

I just heard they have been searching logging roads in the area for her.

Wasn't there a serial killer out that way not too long ago or am I mistaken?

The weather in Oregon has been kind of sunny parts of the day and rainy other parts of the day

I am going to start locking my doors.. maybe I'll go lock my car right now!.. creepy stuff

Wasn't there a serial killer out that way not too long ago or am I mistaken?

The weather in Oregon has been kind of sunny parts of the day and rainy other parts of the day

I am going to start locking my doors.. maybe I'll go lock my car right now!.. creepy stuff

I never heard about a serial killer? Do you remember where you heard this?

I'll tell you what...if ANYONE I don't know comes to my door, I'm dialing 911! All this crime is freaking me out!

I wonder how long it takes to track the stalker on a computer? I think I'll ask . I mean, what if it is the stalker and he has her alive somewhere? They need to find her FAST!!!

Here is 's answer:

With the cooperation of MS and FB, LE would probably be able to get the IP addresses used to access the account within minutes. Whether that would lead to anyone I can't say.

She had to have been abducted.
She is getting ready to go to work.
Her shower is not working.
Calls her mom to ask if it is okay
to use her shower, mom says sure.
Obviously, goes to mom's.
But does not show up at work.
Work phones mom.
(I like how small towns work.)
Mom goes back home.
Jayme's car is in the driveway.
Jayme is not there.
The bathroom is wet.

And if LE asked mom to not discuss the bathroom
scene, then there is more that mom is not saying.
Perhaps forensic evidence of some sort.
We can only hope.

Gee, it makes me wonder if the abductor took a shower if he raped her in the bathroom! Do we know what time of day it was? I must have missed that.

The mother sounds like she is holding up well. I can't imagine what that would be like, especially when I just heard on NG LE thinks there was a struggle in the bathroom. Jayme could have been knocked out.

Such a negative post this is, and I really want all positivity for Jayme, that she is still alive and they will find her ASAP as you say Kimster.

Im watching NG now. She had on Lori Tobias a staff writer for Oregonian paper so I went on her newspaper and typed the missings name in the search bar...there were 2 articles. One said her favorite necklace was left behind. I couldn't bring up the site to find out further info. Its strange that this reporter Lori Tobias states all kinds of lights went off in her head when she heard about this case. I think she thinks whoever murdered 15yo Leah Freeman 10yrs ago well this case maybe connected. Its strange that after her long article about Leah another girl goes missing.

This happened in the morning before Jayme went to work. I don't know what time she was supposed to be at work, however.

Im watching NG now. She had on Lori Tobias a staff writer for Oregonian paper so I went on her newspaper and typed the missings name in the search bar...there were 2 articles. One said her favorite necklace was left behind. I couldn't bring up the site to find out further info. Its strange that this reporter Lori Tobias states all kinds of lights went off in her head when she heard about this case. I think she thinks whoever murdered 15yo Leah Freeman 10yrs ago well this case maybe connected. Its strange that after her long article about Leah another girl goes missing.

I wonder if Jayme knows the suspect in Leah's murder? I can't see how as I think that person has moved away from the area. I will try to find out, but at this point, I don't think the two are connected unless there is new info that came out from Jayme's disappearance.

Boy, that is interesting, isn't it! I heard Lori talking too and hope she writes another article that includes why she feels strongly the cases might be connected.

I've learned from watching Criminal Minds that serial killers often have breaks between their victims depending on what is going on in their life. He could have recently got out of the joint.

Boy, that is interesting, isn't it! I heard Lori talking too and hope she writes another article that includes why she feels strongly the cases might be connected.

I've learned from watching Criminal Minds that serial killers often have breaks between their victims depending on what is going on in their life. He could have recently got out of the joint.
BBM

Oh, I forgot about that!

In Leah's case, her BF is a suspect. He flunked a poly as well.

I just saw that Coquille has 4,000 residents and was surprised! LOL! It seemed smaller than that when I went there before. I guess it's all those houses tucked in the trees around there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back