GUILTY OR - Joshua Brown for attempted kidnapping of 9yo boy, Forest Grove, 2015

CORENELIUS, Ore. — He’s only nine-years-old, but even Vince Moyco knew something was odd when a strange man walked into Joseph Gale Elementary School Thursday afternoon, went into Vince’s classroom, grabbed him and started walking toward the door.

“He said ‘time to go’ and then he’s gonna pick me up,” Vince Moyco remembers, “And then put me down in front of the classroom door.”

“Had him with both hands and lift him up….like this,” says Vince’s grandmother Crescencia Moyco.

According to court documents Joshua Brown, put the 9-year-old down near the classroom door and tried to get the entire class to leave the room, then left after being pursued by teachers and staff.

Brown appeared in court on kidnapping and other charges Friday.

“That is what I want to learn,” says Vince’s grandfather Eliseo Moyco, “the motive of the man in trying to grab and take my grandson.”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/9-ye...e-Forest-Grove-school-293140591.html?mobile=y

I think we will find this guy was high/delusional.
There was a very similar case in Utah recently, at a house not a school.
I don't think this has anything to do with Kyron at all. :twocents:

I hope LE are all over Skyline school with this perps photo. Eerily similar to Kyron.

Said by a "stepmom did it" believer. :thinking:

How is it similar at all? No strange man was seen lurking at Kyron's school. No strange man was seen lifting him up. No strange man entered a classroom at Kyron's school and tried to get kids to leave. The boy in this story actually made it into his classroom. He did not have a parent who attempted to mislead the teacher about a possible appointment that day so the boy wouldn't be missed and quickly searched for. He didn't have a parent who made sure to take a photo of the boy at school that morning and then immediately post it to social media to make sure she could prove the kid was there. He didn't have a parent who for some reason aimlessly drove around back country roads with an infant who had a horrible earache, after supposedly dropping the child off at school. He didn't have a parent, apparently, who tried to get the other parent to take back custody. He didn't have a parent, apparently, who wrote emails about hating the child. He didn't have a parent, form what it seems, who failed lie detector tests and was accused of plotting to kill the child's father.

How on earth, respectfully, is it anywhere close to eerily similar?

The child, a 7 y/o male and third grader at Joseph Gale, was not harmed. No other students or staff members were injured. Brown has no known connection to any student or staff member at the school. Brown has no known connection to Forest Grove.

The victim was 7 years old and a boy just like Kyron. Could be a coincidence but still?????

https://flashalert.net/news.html?id=3857

How is a man entering a school, clearly high as a kite, saying he had to evacuate the class and trying to pick up a 7 year old, in full view of the teachers in the class, in anyway a remarkable concurrence with the circumstance of Kyron's disappearance?

How is it similar at all? No strange man was seen lurking at Kyron's school. No strange man was seen lifting him up. No strange man entered a classroom at Kyron's school and tried to get kids to leave. The boy in this story actually made it into his classroom. He did not have a parent who attempted to mislead the teacher about a possible appointment that day so the boy wouldn't be missed and quickly searched for. He didn't have a parent who made sure to take a photo of the boy at school that morning and then immediately post it to social media to make sure she could prove the kid was there. He didn't have a parent who for some reason aimlessly drove around back country roads with an infant who had a horrible earache, after supposedly dropping the child off at school. He didn't have a parent, apparently, who tried to get the other parent to take back custody. He didn't have a parent, apparently, who wrote emails about hating the child. He didn't have a parent, form what it seems, who failed lie detector tests and was accused of plotting to kill the child's father.

How on earth, respectfully, is it anywhere close to eerily similar?
There was a man spotted early on during the investigation in the photos taken of the exhibits. Last I heard he was not identified.:

Kyron Horman Update: Man Spotted in Photo from Stepmom's Facebook Page

http://www.wweek.com/portland/blog-1143-kyron_horman_update_man_spotted_in_photo_from_step.html

All of those things TH did simply doesn't add up to the charge of kidnapping and murder of Kyron. Yes. She looks as guilty as sin, but there is no proof or she would be sitting in jail today. This has to leave open the possibility of another person being responsible (the very reason it has not gone to court...reasonable doubt). And it is still possible if TH was responsible that she had help.

A man going into a school at a busy time to avoid issues getting in and trying to take a male child near the same age as Kyron while being 25 minutes away from where Kyron was abducted certainly deserves a second look. It is similar regardless if the man was rounding up kids, on drugs, or other things.

Her lawyer has stated she was not the last one to see Kyron:

"It's not true," Houze said of the claims Terri Horman was the last person to see Kyron that day. "We have witnesses who will say, in fact, they know facts first-hand that demonstrate that is not true."

http://www.kptv.com/story/23425918/...n-to-see-kyron-horman-at-school#ixzz3SRBQqNXf

The problem was school was letting out for the day and there were parents everywhere with kids leaving the school. It gave him a way to come in relatively unnoticed.

This is what happened when Kyron Horman was abducted because of the Science fair being held at the school which was open to the public. There were reports of a man with brown hair early on, IIRC. I don't know if they ever ID'ed the man.

One of Kyron's classmates said he saw him with a man and I think it was determined this was after his stepmother and little sister left the school. What comes to my mind is the Michael Devlin case. Held a boy for four years before getting caught after kidnapping another.

It was still a couple of years before Devlin would kidnap his first victim — a boy riding his bike in rural Missouri. And it would be several more years before authorities descended on his tiny apartment in Kirkwood and discovered two boys, both alive, one missing for four years and the other four days.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_d46ce33c-e7aa-5ef3-8ab9-ad3c9c6854f1.html

There were reports of a creepy guy at Kyron's school that day:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...land-4-June-2010-Part-1&p=5253270#post5253270

"Kids on FB are discussing this case. They claim that there was a "creepy" man at the school walking around by himself. They also said that the school was open for people to come and go."

Edit to add:

"He has an extensive criminal history and police believe he was recently living in Beaverton and Portland."

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/crime/2015/02/19/man-picked-up-child-forest-grove-classroom/23706839/

There was a man spotted early on during the investigation in the photos taken of the exhibits. Last I heard he was not identified.:

Kyron Horman Update: Man Spotted in Photo from Stepmom's Facebook Page

http://www.wweek.com/portland/blog-1143-kyron_horman_update_man_spotted_in_photo_from_step.html

All of those things TH did simply doesn't add up to the charge of kidnapping and murder of Kyron. Yes. She looks as guilty as sin, but there is no proof or she would be sitting in jail today. This has to leave open the possibility of another person being responsible (the very reason it has not gone to court...reasonable doubt). And it is still possible if TH was responsible that she had help.

A man going into a school at a busy time to avoid issues getting in and trying to take a male child near the same age as Kyron while being 25 minutes away from where Kyron was abducted certainly deserves a second look. It is similar regardless if the man was rounding up kids, on drugs, or other things.

Her lawyer has stated she was not the last one to see Kyron:

"It's not true," Houze said of the claims Terri Horman was the last person to see Kyron that day. "We have witnesses who will say, in fact, they know facts first-hand that demonstrate that is not true."

http://www.kptv.com/story/23425918/...n-to-see-kyron-horman-at-school#ixzz3SRBQqNXf

Nothing in that story indicates in any way, at all, that the man was a strange man no one knew seen lurking around. It merely indicates that people following the story had spotted the man in the photo posted in the media and wondered if he was significant. (Like we all did at the time). And that the news agency reporting those concerns forwarded the concerns to LE. Who never ever stated, at any time after that, in a nationwide missing child investigation involving an incredible amount of law enforcement agencies including the FBI, that there was an unidentified man that they wanted to question people about or identify.

So yeah, there was no strange man reported lurking around Kyron's school. That would've been immediate and significant news across the whole country.

Further sure there is proof she took Kyron and likely killed him. There is probable cause, IMO. But the state typically wants more than probable cause in such a case. This murder and they get one shot. They want to know that they can get past a prelim and in this case, they certainly could not. Not without a body. A body would change everything, IMO.

Regardless, I wasn't commenting about TH's possible guilt. I was commenting about how these two stories are not eerily similar. They aren't similar at all, IMO. The man in this case did not go into a school at a busy time trying to take a kid when everyone was too busy to notice. He was high as a kite and did it directly in front of the teachers and actually talked to them.

There were reports of a creepy guy at Kyron's school that day:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...land-4-June-2010-Part-1&p=5253270#post5253270

"Kids on FB are discussing this case. They claim that there was a "creepy" man at the school walking around by himself. They also said that the school was open for people to come and go."

Edit to add:

"He has an extensive criminal history and police believe he was recently living in Beaverton and Portland."

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/crime/2015/02/19/man-picked-up-child-forest-grove-classroom/23706839/

I think your post may be unintentionally misleading. You linked to an unverified post on websleuths that did not cite or link to any source whatsoever. It was an unsubstantiated rumor. At no time was there ever any media or LE report about a strange man lurking around Kyron's school.

Further, the portion of your post that states:

"Edit to add:
"He has an extensive criminal history and police believe he was recently living in Beaverton and Portland.""

may seem to be about some rumored strange man lurking about Kyron's school. It's not. It's about the man in this case.

I just hope LE questions him about Kyron's disappearance and figures out where the guy was living during that time period. He lived in Portland. Like I said, he is worthy of a second look. He may not have a thing to do with it, but it certainly doesn't hurt to check it out. He had a motive to take a male child out of the school...high or not.

I just hope LE questions him about Kyron's disappearance and figures out where the guy was living during that time period. He lived in Portland. Like I said, he is worthy of a second look. He may not have a thing to do with it, but it certainly doesn't hurt to check it out. He had a motive to take a male child out of the school...high or not.

he may be kyron's kidnapper. maybe after the weekend we'll get additional information.

I agree it definitely should be checked out. Skyline School was open to the public before school and a sign outside announced the science fair. Nobody would have known if a man "belonged" there or not just as the teachers in this case did not know that the man was a stranger to the boy until the child told them. Kyron's friend, Tanner, told the media he was the last person to see Kyron and he said he was going to look at cool display about electricity.

JMO

Although I think that Terri is most likely responsible for Kyron's disappearance, I have wondered if she wasn't the one who abducted Kyron from school, whether she connected to part of the abduction or not. The fact that both of these cases happened at a school in the same area is the only thing making me wonder if it's connected. One would think kidnapping a child from a school would be very risky for getting caught. Of course some of this is JMO and :twocents:.

No car: At 2:55pm this date, police responded to the area of Joseph Gale Elementary School on a report that a man had just entered a classroom at the school and had picked up a child and began carrying him. This was just after dismissal time for students. A teacher stopped the man and the school Principal and another staff member chased the suspect out of the school and through a neighborhood south and west of the school. A school Janitor called 911 while giving chase along with the Principal and updated the dispatcher on the man's location. The staff members reportedly observed the man try to make access into a residence and tried to access several vehicles. The suspect was observed entering the garage of a residence and getting into a vehicle before fleeing this location.

Staff members continued chasing the man as he entered several backyards but lost sight of him after he was seen going over a fence. Police arrived in the area and were directed to the yard by staff members where they found the man and placed him under arrest.

https://flashalert.net/news.html?id=3857

I couldn't dream of a more appropriate reaction to the attempted kidnapping of a precious child. It seems that these women pursued this pervert aggressively. They stayed on him until law enforcement was able to apprehend him. Go teachers!

Any members know what kind of sentence this guy could be facing I hope it isn't lenient? I've had a look online and it isn't easy to figure out. Any replies would be appreciated so thanks in advance.

Although I think that Terri is most likely responsible for Kyron's disappearance, I have wondered if she wasn't the one who abducted Kyron from school, whether she connected to part of the abduction or not. The fact that both of these cases happened at a school in the same area is the only thing making me wonder if it's connected. One would think kidnapping a child from a school would be very risky for getting caught. Of course some of this is JMO and :twocents:.
ITA. The title of this thread and the location caught my attention because I immediately thought of Kyron. I do believe TH played a role in Kyron's disappearance, but I don't believe she acted alone. Would any connection TH may have had to Joshua Brown be traceable after 4½ years?

Often those who have gotten away with crimes in the past are caught when overconfidence leads to carelessness (thankfully!). If Brown had been successful at abducting a child in the past, right under the nose of children, teachers and parents, he would probably feel bolder in a subsequent abduction attempt. And, clearly, he was also emboldened to walk straight into a classroom to grab a child by the influence of drugs. Despite being under the influence, though, he walked into the school at a time of day when he was most likely to remain undetected which suggests he may have experience doing something similar and it was still in the recesses of his mind.

It could be just a coincidence, but it would not hurt to investigate the possibility Brown had a role in Kyron's disappearance. MOO

I am too new to really do much of anything on this site. Apparently posting a link is one of the "no can do's".

The article can be found at inquisitr website.

Living in the local area, I recall when Kyron went missing and thinking it wouldn't take long to find him and find what happened. Boy, was I wrong. It's very sad.

The inquisitr article has an age progression picture of Kyron. It makes me tear up.

If anyone finds any information about Joshua Brown's case and/or if he asked about Kyron or other kids please post the information and links as updates would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back