GUILTY OR - Joshua Brown for attempted kidnapping of 9yo boy, Forest Grove, 2015

How did this man get into the school? I know it is end of day and parents are picking up but does that give the rights for the doors to just be open. At my school doors stay lock and you must ring bell, with camera to say what you are doing there.

The guy thought he could walk right in and just grab a child, scary stuff. I think for me the similarities with Kyrons case is that is was busy, and if ( I haven't read into this part yet ) this school has no protocol about people roaming the halls then yes very similar.

As much as I would love for this to be the break they need to solve Kyron's case , I don't think it will be. I am getting more of a mental illness / drug induced delusions vibe from this one.

If he really had some nefarious plot in mind, I doubt he would pick up the boy then set him down outside the door and then go back inside the classroom and continue shooing the kids out of the classroom because they needed to evacuate, then tell the teachers the same thing. If he had some kind of disturbing plan, he would have taken the boy and ran the second he had him. My guess is he was not in his right mind at the time (due to mental illness or drugs or both) and really thought he was helping to evacuate. I could be totally wrong and my opinion will probably change a million times as new info is released, but that is where my thoughts lie right now.

I am just so happy that all kids stepped away from this situation unharmed.

Just because the details of this incident (drugged looney picks up kid and makes half-hearted attempt to flee) don't match what happened- and we don't really know what happened- to Kyron, it does show that a random person can be impelled to enter a school and leave with a child.

It's now March 1 and I can't find any media updates at all since Feb. 22nd.

Any new news? I hope LE is working hard to establish his whereabouts on the day Kyron went missing. As bizarre as Terri Horman is, I don't think she had anything at all to do with Kyron going missing. I've always thought it was something exactly like this. That some strange weirdo came into that school, and took Kyron during the confusion of the science fair.

It's now March 1 and I can't find any media updates at all since Feb. 22nd.

Any new news? I hope LE is working hard to establish his whereabouts on the day Kyron went missing. As bizarre as Terri Horman is, I don't think she had anything at all to do with Kyron going missing. I've always thought it was something exactly like this. That some strange weirdo came into that school, and took Kyron during the confusion of the science fair.

No news at all JennaT I have searched several times every day and no updates. I will continue to keep an eye out for updates.

Crazy thought popped into my head (very unlikely, but my conspiracy hat must be on this morning). What if TH set up this abduction attempt in order to make it seem plausible that someone else took Kyron in an attempt to make herself look less guilty? I mean, she did attempt to hire a hit man to kill Kyron's dad, didn't she?

UPDATE

"A man accused of attempting to kidnap a 9-year-old boy from school pleaded not guilty in court.

Police say 29-year-old Joshua Brown walked into a classroom of third-graders at Joseph Gale Elementary School in Forest Grove, picked up a young boy and attempted to walk off with him.

Brown was arraigned Friday afternoon on charges of second degree attempted kidnapping, two counts of first degree burglary of an occupied dwelling, second degree burglary, two counts of attempted unauthorized use of a vehicle and an unlawful entry of a vehicle.

Brown pleaded not guilty to the charges.

His pretrial hearing is set for March 16 at 9 a.m. in Washington County Circuit Court."

Read more: http://www.kptv.com/story/28225835/...ed-kidnapping-pleads-not-guilty#ixzz3TRHUbkOc

Sentenced to just four years it was a quick trial

"29-year-old man who briefly grabbed a child from an Oregon classroom, then set him down and ran off has been sentenced to four years in prison.

The Oregonian reports that Joshua Alan Brown pleaded guilty last week to attempted first-degree burglary and second-degree kidnapping. Washington County prosecutor Kevin Barton said Brown told police he had used meth and “could have been high.”

http://koin.com/2015/04/07/forest-grove-classroom-child-grabber-gets-4-years/

I hope they figure out how he got into the building and take measures to prevent it happening again. After the Dunblane massacre here in Scotland my school had security entry and you could only get in the building if the receptionist pressed the button to open the door.

Actually it seems that the security was pretty adequate. The staff was paying attention, they spotted what was happening, and the perpetrator has been arrested. Everything is good. I don't think they should change anything, except to tell the staff to keep on doing what they have been doing.

Sandy Hook Elementary School had the type of security that you are talking about, but it didn't help them one bit. Schools should not be prisons IMHO. Just need good staff to be paying attention.

Sorry if this may have already been posted.

FOREST GROVE, Ore. (KOIN 6) — The principal of an elementary school where a 9-year-old boy was almost kidnapped said Friday that staff members are reviewing protocol to improve response time and student safely.

Joseph Gale Elementary School principal Gretchen Schlag said there was a slight delay Thursday afternoon after a man entered the school and attempted to take a third-grade boy.

“It made me feel vulnerable,” Schlag told members of the media Friday during a press conference inside the school. Before classes began Friday, Schlag met with school staff and parents to discuss what happened. She said there were several concerned parents.

Forest Grove school scrambles after near-abduction

Actually it seems that the security was pretty adequate. The staff was paying attention, they spotted what was happening, and the perpetrator has been arrested. Everything is good. I don't think they should change anything, except to tell the staff to keep on doing what they have been doing.

Sandy Hook Elementary School had the type of security that you are talking about, but it didn't help them one bit. Schools should not be prisons IMHO. Just need good staff to be paying attention.

My cousin has young children at primary school and they have a password system if you don't know the password for each child you can't take them home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back