Found Deceased OR - Katharine 'Katy' Roe, 22, Depoe Bay, 17 April 2016

It is wise to be cautious but not fearful and thanks so much for the welcome, its made me smile big time. :happydance:
I will contribute as best I may. I do think a mishap by the sea may be whats going on here. If we could find out what time her cell shut down would help.

Thanks again :)

I

Good! Just jump on in here with the rest of us! Everyone has something to contribute to this search for justice.

I agree with your post on all points -- Yes, indeed, it is wise to be cautious; it's not the 50's or the 60's or even the 70's in so many ways (although not all of those years were good ones...) Lock your house; lock your car; lock you car when you get back to your house -- I do all of that, routinely. Keep your eyes open, and never get into a car if someone is trying to force you into it. Be aware of your surroundings, etc.

Yes, that's what I've been thinking: A slip and fall on the rocks at the shore (if there were any rocks where she went) -- she may have gone unconscious or stunned or dizzy due to hitting a rock, etc., and with water temperatures in the 50--60 degree range (http://www.beachconnection.net/depoebay_weather.php ), it would be a pretty good effort to get back to the shore, IMO. Just a thought... From the news reports I've read, I think she would be familiar with the area, though. So...

Best scenario for me us that these two same age missing persons are off on a wonderful adventure together. But seriously it seems such a large coincidence to be missing, same age, same time frame same town. Strange. I looked on his thread, not to much info to his activities leading up to his disappearance yet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So the area of the highway she would have probably been walking on is not open to direct beach access. It's got a stone wall along the sidewalk. It was a beautiful night...not too surprising that she'd stop to enjoy the view.. It's a beautiful spot. But it would be strange for her to climb over the wall to do so. It's almost a straight drop down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to believe she would go climbing down without an easy way back up. Depoe bay state park looks like it has steps down from the highway to a viewing point, its right by the bridge ? judging by GE. Could she have stopped here to have a few quiet minutes moon gazing ?

Wait a minute. She was walking on highway 101? And the missing young man's cell phone and other items found on highway 101? And they aren't connected? Say what?

Her very last text says she apologised if she was taking a while "the moon lit up so nice I had to stop and look" sent at 2.12 am, is that past tense ? so she was walking home after stopping ? She should have made it if that's the case.

Wait a minute. She was walking on highway 101? And the missing young man's cell phone and other items found on highway 101? And they aren't connected? Say what?

We need the phone records showing when these devices were last active that would help. If we could find out Where if at all his items were found that would also give us a bit more info.

Her very last text says she apologised if she was taking a while "the moon lit up so nice I had to stop and look" sent at 2.12 am, is that past tense ? so she was walking home after stopping ? She should have made it if that's the case.

I question that too, because she first apologizes in present tense that she is taking awhile…

http://koin.com/2016/04/18/woman-22-missing-in-depoe-bay/

Text taken from the actual text seen on video at link.

"Sorry if I take awhile."

That, to me, means she might still be awhile.

"stopped to look at the ocean."

That, to me, means she already stopped.

"The moon lit up so nice. I had to stop and look."

I wonder what other plans she might have had?

Why would she apologize that it might take awhile?
Did she have plans to stay there longer?

IMOO.

here we go in reference to the lads disappearance "Left his phone and jam box neatly stacked at the side of 101 in Lincoln City. Last seen by a sheriff heading south on the coastal highway passing Depoe Bay at 3:30 AM Sunday." quote from appeal page. 19 min drive from lincoln city to depoe bay, He passed depoe bay at 3.30 am, I would have thought that was too long to be passing katy for a 1 mile walk that should have taken max 45 including pit stop. Her last text was at 2.12 so defo should have been home by three latest. This is her appeal for help page on FB. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=depoe bay sheriff .

It is really quite hard to gauge if it is past or present tense. Her character reference says she is " responsible, shy and sweet and would never just take off" on the off hand could someone like that from the same part of town where everyone knows everyone take an interest in a lad with a history of depression ? Kindred spirits ?. Again another big ? If the lad left his items in lincoln city would they have arranged to meet up without him having his phone for that leg of the journey ? I would be surprised. She also had few belongings judging by her description as wearing a "small bag". It doesn't quite fit IMHO.

here we go in reference to the lads disappearance "Left his phone and jam box neatly stacked at the side of 101 in Lincoln City. Last seen by a sheriff heading south on the coastal highway passing Depoe Bay at 3:30 AM Sunday." quote from appeal page. 19 min drive from lincoln city to depoe bay, He passed depoe bay at 3.30 am, I would have thought that was too long to be passing katy for a 1 mile walk that should have taken max 45 including pit stop. Her last text was at 2.12 so defo should have been home by three latest. This is her appeal for help page on FB. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=depoe bay sheriff .

I don't have Facebook, but even at that, your link doesn't work for me.
Thanks for transcribing. :)

It's true...it is usually not the locals that will take unnecessary risks on the rocks and the beaches. Seems like whenever there is a death or something bad happens involving rocks and beaches, it's usually folks from out of town who get caught up in the excitement and forget that the ocean can turn on a dime.

Also, this is a picture of what the ocean side of Hwy 101 looks like, and my guess is probably the area where she stopped to look at the moon. It's a stunning view and the waves are really fun to watch there. The other side of Hwy 101 here is restaurants, typical tourist shops and condos above the shops. At 2 am, even on a weekend, in April....it's going to be pretty quiet. Most of the tourists have already had spring break, and the locals are just gearing up for summer.
1-0844-Depoe-Bay-Parking.jpg

It's true...it is usually not the locals that will take unnecessary risks on the rocks and the beaches. Seems like whenever there is a death or something bad happens involving rocks and beaches, it's usually folks from out of town who get caught up in the excitement and forget that the ocean can turn on a dime.

I was thinking exactly that. She more than likely would have known the danger on them and there is no real reason to think she would have gotten a better view than from the bridge ?. This is very strange indeed. That pic is very good :goodpost:. Even if an individual did have a mind to get closer to the sea surely they would just sit on the wall with legs over the side ?.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back