OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe so, but it's not just the SAR teams. It's also the people manning tip lines, the people calling in tips, the people bringing supplies to the donation center, the people in the media who are keeping this story in the headlines, the people manning the first aid stations. There are many hundreds of people pulling together to find their child for them.

My opinion, but I do strongly feel that thanks are in order. I know I am not them, but I'd be on my knees in gratitude for so many people trying to find my child for me.

When a child goes missing it's like everyone who is helping find him in any way is part of that childs family. People aren't doing it only for the parents, they're doing it for Kyron and to help bring him home safely. When this is all said and done (hopefully a good outcome) I'm sure they will thank everyone involved. Right now it's only been a few days and in my opinion the last thing that's going through thier minds is making sure to thank everyone. Not necessary. When I do something nice for someone I don't expect them to be on their knees with gratitude. MHO of course.

Ruby is a treasure to this forum. Puts the latest right in the thread for us.

A true gem.

1.gif

I think that if my child was missing, I'd be going back and forth between catatonic and frantic/neurotic and then probably needing to be restrained and possibly knocked out. And in a big fog that would keep me in a state of tunnel vision. I don't think I'd be able to see or focus on stuff outside of my main goal to find my child and I know I wouldn't have the capacity to think like I normally do. KWIM?

ITA and I for one would not expect any parent in these circumstances to put themselves out there for the world to see. What would be the point? If they didn't cry enough, or they cried to much, if they smiled or didn't, it would just be picked apart. I don't need to see them. I would be just like you said; catatonic and then frantic and depending at what point I was would give entirely different views to everyone.

I am sure when there is a resolution of whatever kind (hopefully a good one) the parents will make sure to publicly thank anyone who so much as posted about Kyron on there facebook. The last thing they should be doing is thinking about what there Momma taught them in regards to etiquette!

ETA Wow gourmet we think alike! But you are quicker than me.

When my son was younger, we were shopping and he was right beside me and the next minute he was gone. He was hiding in one of those round racks that clothes hang on. To this day, I still remember the sick feeling I had when I realized he was gone. I found him almost immediately so drawing on how I felt those few seconds, I cannot imagine a child missing for six days.

Hi everyone! I am new coming into this case. I first learned about it today coming to WS site and am overwhelmed there are already 7 threads on this topic. In between trying to 'catch up', would some one be so kind as to answer a couple of questions, please?

Has any mention been made if Kyron's backpack or jacket were at the school or with him? Any mention of any of his belongings discovered that maybe shouldn't have been?

Any mention of any possible enemies of the family or why anyone would want to kidnap Kyron to begin with?

Anyone think Kyron's teacher's statement was a little strange too, especially the bolded portion?

“The students in Kyron’s class miss him terribly and we are all wishing for his safe return. As their teacher my goal has been to continue our familiar routine and to help my students stay focused on learning, what they need to know by the end of the year so that they are well prepared.”

Sort of a strange thing to emphasize at a time like this, no?

My little one came home yesterday with math homework that required skipping a chapter in division and moving onto mastering fractions. I asked why they were skipping one section (division) and moving to the next one (fractions.)
She told me that her teacher said they needed to focus on fractions since it is the end of the school year and that they would be prepared for the next school year. So I kind of took Kyron's teacher's statement to mean the same thing. Hope that's the case.

I followed a case on WS where a little girl in Oregon wandered away from her home,and got lost in the woods. A brilliant LEO thought to get a tape of her grandmother's voice,telling the little girl that they were all looking for her,that they would soon find her,and for her not to be afraid... And they played the tape loudly when the choppers were up in the air.They did find her,and she said that she was sooo glad when she heard her grandma's voice coming from the helicopters. Is it worth a try at least ? Or,does LE not believe that Kyron wandered off by himself ?

Snippage from: http://www.katu.com/news/local/96010359.html

Cars were constantly coming and going at Kyron's remote home in the woods today. Among the vehicles were a Dodge Charger, apparently with investigators inside, and a red mustang driven by Kyron's stepmother Terri.

Authorities are not confirming whether she or anyone else in the family has been subjected to a polygraph test. We do know that can be standard procedure in cases like this.

With all respect I cannot see a ransom in any scenario. They are not a famous family and I doubt they have the funds that would motivate someone to do this for a ransom.

I'm still hoping that Kyron wondered off, realized he was lost and panicked and then ran a bit too far. Very typical reaction for lost people.

If I remember correctly in the past Lillian Glass has said that lip licking is a sign of lying.

Gates has been doing that a lot lately. (Not a problem, I expect him to not be honest, just pointing it out.)

I do find the family statement to be weird and not written by them. I also think it fits in with the possible ransom theory which is still very suspicious to me.

Hi, I think that lying is a grace LE is given if it will enhance the investigation IMO We've seen it over and over in cases.

I missed hearing the family's statement given. I am very sure tho they would be directed by the CARD Team on just what and how to say it down to the demeanor they wanted in delivering it. It all depends on what the FBI believes would best serve enhancing the investigation. Finding Kyron. They know exactly what their profile dictates in catching this person, if that is the case. IMO

ITA and I for one would not expect any parent in these circumstances to put themselves out there for the world to see. What would be the point? If they didn't cry enough, or they cried to much, if they smiled or didn't, it would just be picked apart. I don't need to see them. I would be just like you said; catatonic and then frantic and depending at what point I was would give entirely different views to everyone.

I am sure when there is a resolution of whatever kind (hopefully a good one) the parents will make sure to publicly thank anyone who so much as posted about Kyron on there facebook. The last thing they should be doing is thinking about what there Momma taught them in regards to etiquette!

ETA Wow gourmet we think alike! But you are quicker than me.

I agree. Our human nature can be quite ugly in these situations, intentional or not. If its any concellation, I did glance at the stepmom's FB page earlier and I did see her thank a few people who were posting on her wall. We may not hear public thanks, and we also aren't privy to if she's praying every night or not and addressing her thanks and gratitude for help to God, but, we should try to focus on Kyron and pray he returns home safely.

Hi everyone! I am new coming into this case. I first learned about it today coming to WS site and am overwhelmed there are already 7 threads on this topic. In between trying to 'catch up', would some one be so kind as to answer a couple of questions, please?

Has any mention been made if Kyron's backpack or jacket were at the school or with him? Any mention of any of his belongings discovered that maybe shouldn't have been?

Any mention of any possible enemies of the family or why anyone would want to kidnap Kyron to begin with?

No, no, no and no.

i am more and more leaning to the ransom/kidnap theory. it may explain some of the bizarre behaviors - SM's odd facebook behavior (remember very early on when she said don't believe the media coverage -when there was no viable reason to say that) I don't believe the release of K's squirral pic was a coincedence either. I think the media info that comes out is very carefully monitored by FBI protocol...JMO

Kyron's dad is not an engineer. He is a Business Enterprise Architect. He's in management, not engineering. Either way, I don't believe he participated in writing that "family statement" for the media. I think LE threw it together at the last minute because the family didn't write one at all.

MOO

I wonder what makes you say that Kyron's dad is not an engineer? Do you know of his education & training?

Desiree's sister... yeah. But we've still not heard from the people who had physical custody of Kyron on the date that he went missing.

Desiree's also talked on the phone to media.

She spoke on behalf of the family, not her sister. She may have been chosen to be the contact.

Kyron Horman Searchers In Need of Food, Water​

Though thousands of Portlanders have offered to help police in the search for missing Kyron Horman, authorities have turned them away. A search like this is best left to the experts.
But there is now a way you can help.​

Donations of food and water are being accepted at 4 locations. The best items for drop off include bottled water, sports drinks, energy bars, snacks and other packaged and easy to eat foods. If you operate a restaurant and would like to donate fresh, cooked meals, please contact the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office Search & Rescue logistics coordinator.​

Food drop-off sites:
]
The Xtreme Edge​

16365 NW Twin Oaks Dr., Beaverton, Oregon
503-692-9200
Hours: 5:00 to 11:00 Wed-Fri

Solid Rock Church
10500 SW Nimbus Ave, Building T, Portland, OR 97223
503-620-1120
Hours: 9:00 to 5:00 Wed-Fri

Metro Gymnastics Center
18084 SW Lower Boones Ferry Road, Tigard, OR 97224-7229
503-620-8939
Hours: 8:30 to 8:30 Wed-Fri

Freeman Motors
7524 SW Macadam Avenue, Portland Oregon, 97219
Hours: 9:30 to 7:00 Wed-Fri
503-310-5555

http://theportlander.com/2010/06/09/kyron-horman-searchers-in-need-of-food-water/

I followed a case on WS where a little girl in Oregon wandered away from her home,and got lost in the woods. A brilliant LEO thought to get a tape of her grandmother's voice,telling the little girl that they were all looking for her,that they would soon find her,and for her not to be afraid... And they played the tape loudly when the choppers were up in the air.They did find her,and she said that she was sooo glad when she heard her grandma's voice coming from the helicopters. Is it worth a try at least ? Or,does LE not believe that Kyron wandered off by himself ?

Oh this gave me chills :( So glad she was found alive and ok. So sad to wonder where Kyron is

i am more and more leaning to the ransom/kidnap theory. it may explain some of the bizarre behaviors - SM's odd facebook behavior (remember very early on when she said don't believe the media coverage -when there was no viable reason to say that) I don't believe the release of K's squirral pic was a coincedence either. I think the media info that comes out is very carefully monitored by FBI protocol...JMO

I have spent the last twenty minutes going over SM FB posts in relation to a ransom theory...the gym mention and squirrel thing I'm working on currently...nothing yet except that "hitting the gym" = Ransom drop/note

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get