OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the last post in the previous thread, concerning science-fair exhibits being set up in the gym. (I don't know how to bring quotes over from a different thread.)

Kyron's tree frog exhibit was set up in his classroom. We don't know whether any were set up in the gym and there has been no confirmation that Kyron and/or his sm went to the gym that day.
(The gym only came into this through an anonymous comment made under a news story. It's an unverified rumor.)

Can someone clarify for me: if the exhibit was set up in his classroom, why would stepmom have watched him walk down the hall TO the classroom? :waitasec:

IIRC, the video was of cars driving in front of and up to the school... and LE was stopping each one.

I hope so.

The real reason the vid stood out to me was because of what another poster heard on the scanner about the possible sighting in a white VW.

I must say - if I were from that area and I saw that VW with that little boy in it - I might have called in a sighting tip too :)

Can someone clarify for me: if the exhibit was set up in his classroom, why would stepmom have watched him walk down the hall TO the classroom? :waitasec:

I think they were going around touring other projects, from different classes

CSI toys and games and puzzles are marketed to little kids. Friends of mine have 5yr olds who play with black-light clue-finders, toy microscopes etc. The kids don't watch the show, they just pretend to be detectives or investigators looking for clues...kind of like playing spy.

I guess that's true...my youngest has some "spy stuff." I guess "CSI" doesn't always have to involve something gruesome. I probably just spend too much time watching 48 hours and reading Websleuths! :innocent:

Thank you - that was me.

See, now that doesn't make any sense. Science Fairs are ALWAYS set up in a big room and not in classrooms.

Not always the case. When I was teaching a few years ago- my school was k-6. The younger kids had projects set up in the classroom and our older students set up in the library. The 1-3 graders were 'practicing' for the real science fairs in 4-6. Their projects were in the classroom as they were not judged. The feedback they got was from their teachers and parents- not from the judges.

She had toured a few of the rooms with Kyron, but the bell was to ring at 8:45 for the kids to be in THEIR classroom to form small groups to tour all of the other rooms supposedly under teacher/adult supervision.

Hey swag, I too thought it was odd that the displays were in individual classrooms that would need to be "toured" rather than the gymnasium. I just chalked it up to it being a smaller school in a smaller community. They seem to do a lot of things diferently than the larger city schools.

The photo of Kyron wearing the CSI tee-shirt in front of his display shows his clasroom full to overfowing with his and other displays. I agree, the gymnasium would have afforded more room and it was not the decision I would have made, but who am I to say.

dragged over from page 1 where it landed on the bottom of the page, lol.

IIRC, the video was of cars driving in front of and up to the school... and LE was stopping each one.
No, On the news last night they said they were going up the long treed driveway of Kyron's father's home. They said there were cars in and out of there all day long. The reds mustang was the last car they showed.

I've been following this thread sporadically as time allows, so I apologize if this has been addressed already or is perceived as not "victim friendly," but in the interest of brainstorming about all possible clues.....

Has anyone analyzed the fact that Kyron was wearing a CSI T-shirt? It just seems a little coincidental to me that he would be wearing that shirt on the very day when his little life would collide with the need for that type of science.

It's probably totally irrelevant and just a coincidence, but I was just thinking....I have boys and none of them (or any of their friends, to my knowledge) were interested in forensic science at the age of 7 (or ever, actually, lol). It just seems a little "heavy" for a kid that age, not to mention the fact that the show CSI is not something I'd allow a 7-year-old to watch (although maybe the T-shirt has nothing to do with the show). This makes me think that perhaps the person who BOUGHT the shirt for Kyron was a fan of the show or had an interest in forensics and criminal science. I know that I've seen T-shirts with things I was interested in on them and if they were on sale or something, I'd buy it for my kids or perhaps another acquaintance. I guess it's not odd that he would have a "CSI" shirt, but it does probably indicate that either Kyron or someone close to him is interested in crime scene investigation. To go further and speculate WHY he wore the shirt on that PARTICULAR DAY would probably NOT be considered victim-friendly, so I won't.

Personally, I DON'T think the step-mom is involved, but in the interest of looking at things from all angles, I thought I'd post my crazy notion, hoping it might possibly serve as some sort of catalyst to someone who's a better sleuther than I! Please remove if it violates TOS.

okay, yes I will admit, I thought "how ironic". and "how sad".

and then I thought "I hope he doesn't watch that show it's skeery."

and I thought "he has a big brother and his dad's an engineer and boys will be boys and they like to dissect stuff and, oh, I hope he's not gonna dissect any frogs anytime soon."

so yes, the shirt fits a science-bent family in a way ... and it's ironic that it's CSI and not Jim Nye Science Guy ... Kyron's family certainly would not have let him wear that shirt if they knew he was about to become a missing and endangered kid. JMHO

apologies if my stream of consciousness there doesn't seem so streamy or even conscious.

wvjules

Terri also has a 16-year-old son from a former marriage who has lived with her mom and dad for the past few months in Roseburg. The teen's father also lives in the area and the two are on a Boy Scout camping trip this weekend.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Article date: Saturday June 05, 2010, 11:21PM

Sorry, that's all I could find :(

Thank you. I can't imagine being camping then coming home to find out my little brother is missing. What a shock that would be.

No, On the news last night they said they were going up the long treed driveway of Kyron's father's home. They said there were cars in and out of there all day long. The reds mustang was the last car they showed.

Does anyone have a link to the video of that car?

Kyron is getting mentioned over at www.findmorgan.com, the website and forums for Morgan Harrington, a 20 year old in Virgina that disappeared from a Metallica concert last November. Her body was found in late January and they still don't have a POI or much that LE is releasing (sound familiar)?

Anyway, to get links to confirm Science projects in homeroom, not in Gym?

Look we are asking that you be cautious and careful AND RESPONSIBLE in your posting when it comes to throwing accusations at a family that is seemingly cooperating.
You can express doubt you can discuss behavior and what everyone involved is and isn't doing. But stop short of throwing these people under the bus. not sure why this is creating such drama. The forum has always been like this.
This "woes me ,we can't talk about it" is really wearing thin.

There are many things to look at and discuss. record behavior,discuss statements made, review information revealed and not revealed. We are not trying to censor you, we are trying to be repsonsible posters and help the situation as opposed to stirring up rumor, innuendo and other currently unfounded information.

As always, if this situation changes we will change also. Roll with the punches people we have been doing it this way for years.

Thanks for everything you do and all the hard work that is going on in this forum. We are all working towards the same goal..where is Kyron?

Hi ya neighbor :seeya:

We can't be in the same counties - what county are you in?

Same here! We're in central Florida and while our elementary school does have several of the above mentioned security measures, it certainly doesn't have ALL of them. :(

From what I've read or heard on TV, the science fair was attended from 8 to 10 and then children went to their classrooms. Kyron's desk mate said in his interview last night that at the start of class he was standing in the classroom when he saw Kyron walk past the doorway. He said Hi to Kyron and Kyron then told him he was going to look at an electrical exhibit.

The substitute noticed soon after that {around 10 we learned last night} that Kyron wasn't there, him being the 6th child in the class group, and told the teacher, who poo pooed it as he was probably out getting a drink of water or in the bathroom and then she announced she was leaving.

Just thought I'd run thru that for anyone who missed it. xox

Anyway, to get links to confirm Science projects in homeroom, not in Gym?

You can look at the photos and tell. His project was set up on his desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen