OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can just imagine Stephanie laughing at us getting our wires crossed. I'm sure she wouldn't mind a little bit of her thread space being taken up with a helping hand for another missing person though.

With Stephanie's reputation for caring for stray and wounded critters, I think she'd be right on board, loving our double posting.

Sadly, according to an article I just posted on his thread, it seems that Samuel Hoyt had been depressed and seemed paranoid recently. I hope they can find him and get him treatment.

VA VA - Samuel P. Hoyt, 46, Richmond, 22 Nov 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

With Stephanie's reputation for caring for stray and wounded critters, I think she'd be right on board, loving our double posting.

Sadly, according to an article I just posted on his thread, it seems that Samuel Hoyt had been depressed and seemed paranoid recently. I hope they can find him and get him treatment.

VA VA - Samuel P. Hoyt, 46, Richmond, 22 Nov 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

My prayers are going out for Stephanie Warner and Samuel Hoyt, their family, friends and loved ones! Thanks Lilibet, Zwiebel, OUOTP, Dicentra, LaLouve, SadEyes, forashley and everyone else, for all of your time and energy to keep the threads going! I may have not been posting a lot lately, but I still read the threads! It is people with big hearts, like all of you, that make this world a better place!

My prayers are going out for Stephanie Warner and Samuel Hoyt, their family, friends and loved ones! Thanks Lilibet, Zwiebel, OUOTP, Dicentra, LaLouve, SadEyes, forashley and everyone else, for all of your time and energy to keep the threads going! I may have not been posting a lot lately, but I still read the threads! It is people with big hearts, like all of you, that make this world a better place!

Sasquatch, I too am sending prayers this Thanksgiving Season to all of the wonderful WSers that are keeping the thread alive. Prayers are also being sent for the family and friends of both Stephanie & Samuel. May they both be found soon. God Bless everyone and Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving isn't celebrated in Europe, but I have just looked up the date of it.

It's already just the 28th here, so my good wishes to all of you for Thanksgiving, and especially to those of you missing loved ones. Many of our missing can only wait peacefully, but loved ones have such a heavy burden to bear. I wish a day of peace, tranquillity and fond memories to everyone who loves Stephanie, and everyone hoping a missing loved one will soon be found.

I've got a little confused, so can someone clarify for me?

July 4th, Stephanie leaves Ashland with Lennie Ames and stops at TWO stores on the way home - a mini market in Medford on Lozier Lane, and then Ruch market where Lennie says they separated?

I've got a little confused, so can someone clarify for me?

July 4th, Stephanie leaves Ashland with Lennie Ames and stops at TWO stores on the way home - a mini market in Medford on Lozier Lane, and then Ruch market where Lennie says they separated?

The only stop that is documented is the mini market in Medford. They remember seeing Stephanie sometime in the late afternoon.

The Ruch Market stop is questionable. The only person who has said they parted there is Lennie Ames. No one who works at the store has confirmed that she was there on July 4. The owner said she had been in touch July 3. Everyone working at the store knew Stephanie. There are no cameras outside that I could see.

One question that has never been answered is "How and where did Stephanie and Lennie meet up the morning of July 4? Did he leave his vehicle at the store or at her house that day?" Ames claims that she dropped him off at the store around 5:00 pm and he caught a ride out to his camp with some kids in a green truck. That has never been substantiated, so I'm thinking he must have had a vehicle parked somewhere. He could have parked it at her house without it being seen from the main road.

Oh, I see. Stephanie just dumped her boyfriend at the Ruch store, even though she had a vehicle and....luck o' luck, there was a green truck just passing by, full of young men, who chose to pick up a middle aged aged miner, just hanging around there?.......okay. If that's Lennie's story and he's sticking to it, I guess we have to accept it.

Is he in the habit of accepting rides from strange young men, does anyone know? :)

He didn't happen to say how old he thought these 'kids' were, did he?

Oh, I see. Stephanie just dumped her boyfriend at the Ruch store, even though she had a vehicle and....luck o' luck, there was a green truck just passing by, full of young men, who chose to pick up a middle aged aged miner, just hanging around there?.......okay. If that's Lennie's story and he's sticking to it, I guess we have to accept it.

Is he in the habit of accepting rides from strange young men, does anyone know? :)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

He didn't happen to say how old he thought these 'kids' were, did he?

LE was looking for "teens or early twenties."

IIRC Dicentra said that he told her that he had also gotten a ride back to town with these kids the next morning because he realized he hadn't taken any water and supplies with him (which were at Stephanie's). It would have been really coincidental for Ames to have met up with these kids again. It would also place him at Stephanie's on Friday July 5. I wonder where he thought she was? Especially since the car was parked in the wrong place and the back door was unlocked when Dicentra went there on Sunday.

Such tangled webs....

http://www.oregonherald.com/oregon/local.cfm?id=4246

http://t.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130801/NEWS/308010308&template=tabletart

We must be talking about a difference person. I was talking about the one who provides reams of advice to people on what to do when THAT day comes; where to bunker up or hunker down and what supplies they should have prepared etc....

It can't be the same guy who finds himself without enough food and water to survive for a single day, surely?

We must be talking about a difference person. I was talking about the one who provides reams of advice to people on what to do when THAT day comes; where to bunker up or hunker down and what supplies they should have prepared etc....

It can't be the same guy who finds himself without enough food and water to survive for a single day, surely?

You should do standup comedy, Zweibel! That's the one. And he wonders why we don't believe him?
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I did stand up poetry once, but forgot my own poems.

I have no objection to following complicated stories where missing persons are concerned - because often their stories are complicated, and not straightforward at all.

I have a real problem with any attacks upon the missing person though - they are defenceless and people willing to attack the defenceless set off red flags for me. I also struggle whenever the last known person to see a missing person, seems to avoid talking about that specific time. Especially if they are willing to talk about other aspects, but continue to avoid that issue.

I'm also blinded by red if they make no effort to search for that person, and talk about the case only in terms of how it affects them, or others. But not a sign of worry or word about how the missing person is affected....what they might be going through. Almost as though they already know, and so it hasn't occurred to them to consider it.

I feel obliged to keep those red flags flying on Stephanie's behalf, while she's still missing. If she comes home safe and well I'll have to drop them, and look a fool. I don't care. I'll do that so gladly.

Hi Everyone! Just checking in... Hope you all (Americans)had a good Thanksgiving... Sad to see no new news...

While researching something on another thread (thanks to Zweibel), I ran across this article by David Van Norman, the coroner in San Bernardino county, CA. He talks about what to do if your loved one goes missing.

He stresses the importance of submitting a DNA sample right away. It can take months to develop a profile. I hope Stephanie's family has done this. If not, I hope they will read this article and do what it says.

A few quotes that I think are pertinent on this thread:

BBM

"When a loved one is reported missing there is every right to expect that some large law enforcement investigative machine trundles into action; police fan out in all directions, and the search is on for the missing person. I am sorry to say that nothing can be further from the truth!"

"A missing person is too important to be left to one person. Those family members who wish to “leave it to the professionals,” and sit back on the couch to let the police do the work will probably get out of this what they put into it. I prefer the Team Approach, with the family involved in a productive way. We must help law enforcement to accomplish this mission, and if they do not know how, we can show them the way.

Will law enforcement accept your assistance? Perhaps not willingly. We in law enforcement tend to think that we don’t need any help, and some investigators will view the family as hindrance. That’s too bad. The missing person is YOUR LOVED ONE. You may have to be insistent. You may ruffle some feathers. Is there anything more important?"

http://justiceinmiami.blogspot.com/2008/07/everything-you-need-to-know-when-your.html

Tomorrow will be 5 months since Stephanie disappeared into thin air without a trace. Things like that DON'T HAPPEN! Someone knows where she is! Sadly to say, with no media attention and no press releases from LE asking for the public's help or LE putting pressure on people to come forward with information, I think this case is going to go cold! It has been 2 months since any info was reported in the news and that was not too much info given out at that time.

I am curious, Stephanie seemed to be a devout volunteer worker for the JCFC (Jackson County Fuel Committee) according to a news release way back when she first went missing and they spoke to I believe the person's name was Mr. Jennette. May be spelled wrong. Correct me if I am wrong. He gave an interview saying nice things about Stephanie. This is the place that the flyer distribution was organized from according to the interviews on the news. So my question is: What is the JCFC doing to help find Stephanie? Are they continuing to keep her in the public's eye? Did they just help out with the flyer distribution and then do nothing else? Hopefully they are doing more and we are just not hearing about it. If anyone knows, can you chime in?

5 months, 5 long months, It is COLD OUTSIDE! As Dicentra said in a note begging POI and anyone close to him that knows any information to come forward and tell LE where Stephanie is because IT IS COLD OUTSIDE!!!! STEPHANIE DESERVES TO BE FOUND!! This has gone on long enough!

Websluethers let's not let this case go COLD! Stephanie like all missing people, deserve to be FOUND and REMEMBERED!

Tomorrow will be 5 months since Stephanie disappeared into thin air without a trace. Things like that DON'T HAPPEN! Someone knows where she is! Sadly to say, with no media attention and no press releases from LE asking for the public's help or LE putting pressure on people to come forward with information, I think this case is going to go cold! It has been 2 months since any info was reported in the news and that was not too much info given out at that time.

I am curious, Stephanie seemed to be a devout volunteer worker for the JCFC (Jackson County Fuel Committee) according to a news release way back when she first went missing and they spoke to I believe the person's name was Mr. Jennette. May be spelled wrong. Correct me if I am wrong. He gave an interview saying nice things about Stephanie. This is the place that the flyer distribution was organized from according to the interviews on the news. So my question is: What is the JCFC doing to help find Stephanie? Are they continuing to keep her in the public's eye? Did they just help out with the flyer distribution and then do nothing else? Hopefully they are doing more and we are just not hearing about it. If anyone knows, can you chime in?

5 months, 5 long months, It is COLD OUTSIDE! As Dicentra said in a note begging POI and anyone close to him that knows any information to come forward and tell LE where Stephanie is because IT IS COLD OUTSIDE!!!! STEPHANIE DESERVES TO BE FOUND!! This has gone on long enough!

Websluethers let's not let this case go COLD! Stephanie like all missing people, deserve to be FOUND and REMEMBERED!

Well said, Sad Eyes. I agree. I think December 4 is Wednesday, not tomorrow, so that allows a day to get something on the news. The case does need someone to keep the publicity going. A couple of us emailed all the news rooms the last time there was any publicity. If you go back in the thread to early October, I listed all the media contacts. Here's the link.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 Jul 2013 - #2
If someone else can step up this time, particularly friends of Stephanie's, it would be great. Any volunteers?

You asked about Jackson County Fuel Committee. They finally combined forces with Steph's family 5 or 6 weeks after she disappeared to distribute flyers her family provided. I don't know how much success they had. Since then, I've heard nothing from them on the news. I stopped by at the office to pick up flyers from Bill Jennett. He's very nice and he seems very worried, but I don't know how much they've done, if anything, other than the fliers.

There is no sense of outrage in the community, and never was. No one in her family or friends group is beating the drum loudly for Stephanie.

I didn't hear back from the crime writer I pm'd on WS, so now I will email his website and see if he will jump in.

Tomorrow I'll post Stephanie's Facebook link on my Facebook page. Every little bit helps! If LE and her family aren't beating the drum, her friends and WS members can make some noise.

Has there ever been any discussion about putting up a billboard in Stephanie's community or at least on a road that the POI travels. Maybe those strange young men in the truck will see the billboard and come forward <wink, wink, nudge, nudge>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member