OR OR - Union Co, Finley Creek Jane Doe, UnsFem 14-25, UP11902, preg, on wooded hillside, Aug'78

The Doe Network

1258UFOR

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: August 27, 1978
Location of Discovery: Finley Creek, Union County, Oregon
Estimated Date of Death: Years prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 14-18 years old
Race: Unknown
Height: 5'1" to 5'3"
Weight: 115-125 lbs.
Hair Color: Light brown to blonde
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She was pregnant, and likely in her 6th to 8th month of pregnancy.
Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Not available.
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: A halter/bra, red Catalina pants (size 15/16 - Juniors?) - which show evidence of possible length alteration, ankle-high lace up shoes, and remnants of clothing that consisted of red cloth, white cloth, and zippers.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Case History

The victim's body was found in a wooded hillside 18 miles north of La Grande.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: Union County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Dr. Veronica Vance
Agency Phone Number: 971-673-8220
Agency Case Number: ME: 78-1865
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: UP #11902
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

NAMUS The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Does anyone know if Terry Peder Rasmussen was ever considered the perpetrator of this crime? He was an electrician and had used electrical cords to restrain his victims in the past. He had a habit of killing women he had relationships with and was talented at severing relations between his victims and their families, making it harder for families to know their loved ones have disappeared. He has a biological child he murdered and disposed of who was between 2-4 probably between 1980-1984. He was seen with an unknown woman in 1974 or 1975? The child’s mother is thought to be from Texas using genetic DNA.
Serial killer Terry Rasmussen's victims, known and unknown

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Peder_Rasmussen

Also, does anyone know if Phyllis Eleanor Berry from Texas has been ruled out? She was last seen with an unidentified male in 1975. She looks so much like the composite of our Jane Doe.
upload_2021-6-29_5-29-10.jpeg
mpDetails

A smaller side note, I was thinking about the used maxi pads and how numerous they were in the camp near the remains. Is it possible that they were being used as diapers for a baby? They are cheaper than diapers and it’s unlikely a woman would need to use 30-40 for one cycle or even 2. If it were our Doe’s camp, she wouldn’t need them at all during her pregnancy presumably. That might put the child between the ages of 9 mos. and 2.5 years I would think. Thoughts?

Also, does anyone know if Phyllis Eleanor Berry from Texas has been ruled out? She was last seen with an unidentified male in 1975. She looks so much like the composite of our Jane Doe.
View attachment 302739
mpDetails

A smaller side note, I was thinking about the used maxi pads and how numerous they were in the camp near the remains. Is it possible that they were being used as diapers for a baby? They are cheaper than diapers and it’s unlikely a woman would need to use 30-40 for one cycle or even 2. If it were our Doe’s camp, she wouldn’t need them at all during her pregnancy presumably. That might put the child between the ages of 9 mos. and 2.5 years I would think. Thoughts?

About the Maxi pads, maybe she was still spotting when she was pregnant. Or maybe she didn't know she was pregnant at all because there are some cases of women, mostly young adults/teens, who didn't know they were pregnant until they had to deliver.

About the Maxi pads, maybe she was still spotting when she was pregnant. Or maybe she didn't know she was pregnant at all because there are some cases of women, mostly young adults/teens, who didn't know they were pregnant until they had to deliver.
I personally didn't know I was pregnant the first time I was pregnant until I was 5 and 1/2 months pregnant. Because I had my period the entire time even though I was on the Depo shot (from my understanding, and I absolutely could be very wrong, most people on the depo shot don't have a period at all).

I should also note that because of the Depo shot (or at least what I was told at the time) that pregnancies while being on the Depo shot are not usually viable. Obviously this is just from what happened in my own personal experience and has nothing to do with the posted

And at 5 and a half months pregnant I did miscarry. I know that not everyone has that same experience but I just want to throw out my own experience because I cannot imagine that I am the only one on here with that background

Last edited:
I personally didn't know I was pregnant the first time I was pregnant until I was 5 and 1/2 months pregnant. Because I had my period the entire time even though I was on the Depo shot (from my understanding, and I absolutely could be very wrong, most people on the depo shot don't have a period at all).

I should also note that because of the Depo shot (or at least what I was told at the time) that pregnancies while being on the Depo shot are not usually viable. Obviously this is just from what happened in my own personal experience and has nothing to do with the posted

And at 5 and a half months pregnant I did miscarry. I know that not everyone has that same experience but I just want to throw out my own experience because I cannot imagine that I am the only one on here with that background

Yeah I know many women on birth control shots are able to get pregnant. Also, I'm so sorry for ur lost.

For convenience.

This are the rule outs visible in Namus as of April 21, 2021, posted by Carbuff.
MP6061 Teresa Fittin 08/01/1975 Broward FL
MP836 Laura Flink 02/21/1969 Grays Harbor WA
MP1698 Melanie Flynn 02/26/1977 Fayette KY
MP7780 Rita Jolly 06/29/1973 Clackamas OR
MP2064 Patricia Otto 09/02/1976 Nez Perce ID
MP6496 Laurie Partridge 12/04/1974 Spokane WA

Added by MBJ 'Mel', not yet visible in Namus

Ruled out in 1988
Sherry Jean Pickle, via dentals 05/16/1972 Long Beach, California
Sherry Jean Pickle – The Charley Project

Ruled out in 202o
Robyn Ann Pettinato 07/05/1975 Whitefish, Montana Robyn Ann Pettinato – The Charley Project
Jamie Rochelle Grisim 12/07/197 Vancouver, Washington Jamie Rochelle Grisim – The Charley Project
Wanda Herr (resolved, her remains were identified elsewhere via DNA)
Wanda Ann Herr – The Charley Project

Possible matches:
- Nancy Perry Baird 07/04/1975, East Layton, Utah (under investigation)
Nancy Perry Baird – The Charley Project
- Edna Thorne (no comparison done as of May 2, 2021) 06/24/1975, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Edna Christine Thorne – The Charley Project
I still think it is Nancy Perry Baird, I pray that the Finley Creek Jane Doe case is resolved and that she finally rests in peace with the baby she did not have

Hello, I am sorry to post this on this thread but does anyone know how to create an unidentified person thread?

There's some unidentified remains that I feel would help identify the person if we had a thread...

Can anyone help please.

Hello, I am sorry to post this on this thread but does anyone know how to create an unidentified person thread?

There's some unidentified remains that I feel would help identify the person if we had a thread...

Can anyone help please.
Hey Evey,

I think that you just go to the unidentified forum and click post new thread.

Can anyone help please.

First, you should search the site to make sure there isn't an existing thread for the remains. If there's a Namus or Doenetwork case number, search on that, or on the name of the locality and state where the remains were found.

If there's no existing thread, go here: The Unidentified

At the top of the page is a list of subforums. After that and before the list of threads starts, there's a "Post new thread" button. In most browsers, it's on the right. Click on that to open the form for creating the new threads.

If that's too intimidating, you can send the information to @CarlK90245, me, or any of other veteran members and ask us to create the post for you.

Thanks for asking! It's scary the first few times.

First, you should search the site to make sure there isn't an existing thread for the remains. If there's a Namus or Doenetwork case number, search on that, or on the name of the locality and state where the remains were found.

If there's no existing thread, go here: The Unidentified

At the top of the page is a list of subforums. After that and before the list of threads starts, there's a "Post new thread" button. In most browsers, it's on the right. Click on that to open the form for creating the new threads.

If that's too intimidating, you can send the information to @CarlK90245, me, or any of other veteran members and ask us to create the post for you.

Thanks for asking! It's scary the first few times.

Carbuff I have a question that maybe you can answer. Once something is submitted through the Doe Network to compare, how long does it generally take for them to update if it was a match or not? I used to do stuff on Doe Network years ago but a lot has changed since then.

Carbuff I have a question that maybe you can answer. Once something is submitted through the Doe Network to compare, how long does it generally take for them to update if it was a match or not? I used to do stuff on Doe Network years ago but a lot has changed since then.

I've seen it take anywhere from a few days to forever :D Usually an exclusion comes faster than a match, and the final word has to come from LE. So once they forward the information to LE, it's out of their control.

If she was indeed heading to California, as was suspected at the time, she could have lived there for a few months before going to Oregon, or maybe changed her mind and went to Oregon instead. It's a long distance but a straight route via I-80 and I-84 خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
I always thought that the person who asked for a ride, took her hostage and her car. That’s why the car has never been found. Also, I’ve read that she “ took off” from time to time, but I’ve never found out who was saying that exactly. I feel like that such a bad thing to say when someone goes missing. That was the 70s though.

trashass depo. It also eats away at your calcium. My own personal experience lol.

Is it possible that she is the victim of Terry Peder Rasmussen and possibly the mother of his child found murdered in Baer Park? The child was estimated to be 2-4 years and was killed possibly between 1978-1984. He was an electrician and has strangled victims with items used for his profession before. He was also seen with a woman and child before
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

He was also possibly seen with another child in Oregon. Lisa had memories of other siblings that "died from eating grass mushrooms" possibly while they were in Oregon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennyboo
Back