GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the night before? That means that the neighbors fingerprints would be in the vehicle.

That bothers me greatly. I pray it is nothing more than someone being helpful, but I just don't like the timing.

I do have a question for those of you in the area...if I wanted to fill up a small gas can, do the attendants do that for me or do I have to go inside to pay for it?

In Texas, we pump our own gas and I am just not familiar with the ins/outs of having attendants. TIA

"She just said she hadn't been feeling good and was tired," Spencer said. "She actually had asked me, she goes, 'Can you come over here for a minute?' She asked if she had bumped the car in front of her. I said, 'No. You're about two inches away from it, actually. I was like, 'Do you want me to just re-park it for you?' She said, 'Yeah,' kind of embarrassed to ask."
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Chil...-that-belongs-to-missing-woman-174894441.html

unless the neighbor pulled the car back out and backed in it would seem she was most likely pulled in front ways.:twocents:

Does her neighbor's pink hair and tats tell me that she likes Metal?

Attachments

• li1.png
    li1.png
    279.6 KB · Views: 154
I wonder if the neighbor locked her car after she parked it? Perhaps someone was already IN the vehicle when she got in the car that morning.

FWIW My last car (suv) was a 98 Expidition 4wheel drive..it did have automatic locks (every door) and child safety locks on all the doors and windows. This included the passenger side door AND window. Also, the windows in the back only rolled halfway down. Drivers side controlled everything. Mine also came with factory tinted windows and you could only see in clearly was thru the windshield.

Sounds like the phone was found right in line with one of the gas stations.

I don't get the feeling that whomever did this is terribly organized or experienced. Hopefully that makes it easier to catch him.

ok, after watching this video and seeing that he car was parked on the side of the street closest to her apartment, i (sort of) take back my theory of someone smashing out the window before she got to it that morning. the neighbor said that someone broke her window in that same spot, so it could happen. but i'm sure if she was walking up to her car and saw her window broken out, she would have gone right back inside the house. unless she was fumbling in her purse to find keys, wasn't looking up, walked around to the drivers side & opened the door. she might have realized it at that point... or someone could have been standing on the drivers side or behind the car and went around to the drivers side when she did, which would have been out of view from the apartment. :(

however, after learning about where the car was parked, im now leaning more towards someone being in her car and waiting for her to get in and then the window being broken at some point later on. maybe the car wasn't properly locked the night before since there already seemed to be an awkward moment with the neighbor.. maybe she just forgot?

ok, after watching this video and seeing that he car was parked on the side of the street closest to her apartment, i (sort of) take back my theory of someone smashing out the window before she got to it this morning. the neighbor said that someone broke her window in that same spot, so it could happen. but i'm sure if she was walking up to her car and saw her window broken out, she would have gone right back inside the house. unless she was fumbling in her purse to find keys, wasn't looking up, walked around to the drivers side & opened the door. she might have realized it at that point... or someone could have been standing on the drivers side or behind the car and went around to the drivers side when she did, which would have been out of view from the apartment. :(

however, after learning about where the car was parked, im now leaning more towards someone being in her car and waiting for her to get in and then the window being broken at some point later on. maybe the car wasn't properly locked the night before since there already seemed to be an awkward moment with the neighbor.. maybe she just forgot?

Was it the same neighbor who helped her park that said her car had been broken into at the same place or was it a different neighbor? tia

Nah, it means she likes funky hair and tats. Know several people that are like that, one of whom only listens to country, lol.

My grandmother used to wear pink and purple hair, she preferred purple though.

She was really in to Frank Sinatra lol

Does her neighbor's pink hair and tats tell me that she likes Metal?

This girl says the glass on the road might be from her car that WAS broken into???
So I guess people do break into cars right in front of the complex!

Some addresses:

Whitney (and her husband Clint) Heichel's Apartment
733 SE Cochran Dr, Gresham, OR 97080

The distance between Whitney's home and her work is 1.1 mile, or 4 minutes

Whitney's work location @Starbucks
2233 Northeast Burnside Road, Gresham, OR 97030

I have seen some posters here list different Starbucks addresses. There are a few locations close together so it is easy to pick the wrong one. The above is correct.

Shell Station (where the attendant who pumped the gas recalls a male driver/female passenger. The driver was in a hurry and only wanted a little gas).
25737 SE Stark St Troutdale, OR 97060

This station sits at a large wide intersection. It's in one of those awkward kind of spots where you can only enter into it with a right turn. Left turns into the station would be near impossible if any cars are sitting at the light. There is also a metro bus stop in the bushes in front of the Shell gas station. The store is not that big but you certainly can go in for convenience items. Mostly, it would work like this: you sit in the car, you barely roll down the window, you hand your ATM card to a busy attendant and say "4 gallons of unleaded please", you might roll back up your window. The attendant quickly pumps your gas as he scans the other cars to see some are needing their nozzle removed now and some just pulled up for service - the attendant is planning his next moves.

In other words, imagine taking the card, sliding it in the machine, watching the pump quickly get to 4 gallons, all while scanning the other cars you have to tend to next. The passenger to you from that vantage point is on the other side of the car, up in the front while you are at the rear, passenger is smaller than the seat (not visible from your pump perspective) and all of this through dark windows. You don't really see her much at all. And same with the driver - he rolled up his window so you aren't really seeing him much either. You have no reason to pay that much attention when your mind is on the busy work at hand on a work weekday morning.

Full serve in Oregon is mandatory but it is not the kind of full service that you used to find as higher priced amenities back in the day of the ding ding sound as you pull in over the rubber hose. These guys aren't checking your oil or cleaning your windshield. The attendant would have had very little opportunity to see these people, in particular the passenger.

I'm no longer there so there is no full serve where I am but I can tell you what happens when you live there. If you are on your way to work and you know you don't have enough gas to get there, the only way you can get the gas quickly is to order a small amount. If you say 10 gallons or fill it up then the guy starts your gas and disappears. The attendant always gets back to your car long after your gas is done. Only if you ask for a little does it guarantee they will watch the dials for the 2 or 3 or 4 gallons you asked for since it happens so fast. You really can get in and get out of the lot fast only if you do it this way. I did it several times when I was at risk of being late for a meeting but needed a little more gas. Order a small amount and you can zip out exponentially faster.

Things I find interesting:

• Did the driver at the gas station know his next destination? And so knew he needed a few gallons but in order to be fast at the station he only ordered the minimum needed (so the attendant would stay there and be quick)? Possibly deciding to do this again at another location - quick in and out where you are barely noticed?
  • Were Dodge Park and Larch Mountain also familiar places to Whitney? The gas station most likely was. Walmart most likely was. And now...
  • ...Another familiar place seems to be where her phone was found. Everyone keeps citing the apartment complex it was found in but when you zoom there in a map and pull out a bit, you see there is a field with bushes behind it. That field is in between the phone apartment complex and the McMenamin's Edgefields. McMenamins seem to have a private looking off the path road where you could sit "and talk" if you were so inclined. Some posters said they saw references to Whitney's familiarity with this McMenamins. McMenamin's are pubs and not open in the mornings. That means that private road adjacent to the field adjacent to the phone find location (Troutdale Terrace Apartments) would be familiar to Whitney (and someone she knew) perhaps and possibly quite private.
  • In other words, lots of familiar places. And a driver with knowledge of needing a few more gallons (I checked the 1999 Ford SUVs gas mileage and will say 14MPG is most likely). If the driver knew they were headed to Dodge Park or Larch Mountain (perhaps for a brokered discussion) then he would know just how many gallons would be enough for a round trip. There are limited opportunities for gas once you head over to those areas.
  • When was the phone tossed? You could be sitting on that private road next to McMenamin's and throw it across the field into the bushes, easily, especially if angered.
  • If the phone was off (and at some point tossed), Starbucks couldn't reach her. I want to know the ping information for when they did reach someone. Where was that phone answered from? Pings will also tell us all the places Whitney's phone traveled.
  • McMenamin's and where the phone was found seems to be a middle ground between Walmart and her apartment. Not perfectly in the middle but a reasonable in between.
  • Is there another vehicle to consider? For example, if she was intercepted by another at her own apartment and was persuaded to meet at McMenamin's or any of the other relevant addresses, then another car could be in play.

There is much to consider - maybe we will learn more at the next press conference.

Other relevant addresses:

McMenamin's Edgefield
2126 Southwest Halsey Street Troutdale, OR

Dodge Park
39393 Southeast Lusted Road Sandy, OR 97055

Larch Mountain Corridor, Corbett, OR

Walmart
23500 Northeast Sandy Boulevard, Wood Village, OR

This girl says the glass on the road might be from her car that WAS broken into???

Is this the SAME girl that reportedly parked Whitney's car for her?

IF SO... THIS IS TOO ODD...

:truce: I don't think she is the one that parked the car?? Is she?
the car parker was Eliz.. something... did anyone catch initials on this woman?
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Chil...to-missing-woman-174894441.html?tab=video&c=y

different neighbor... this is the one that parked the car

Nah, it means she likes funky hair and tats. Know several people that are like that, one of whom only listens to country, lol.

I agree. I used to have dyed hair. I had to tone my look down for my career in the legal field, but I still have tattoos (covered at work, of course). And I'm still free-spirited and have my own unique style for my small town. I just wanted to mention I do not listen to metal. I listen to everything from punk rock to the Carter Family. My favorite is music from the 30s and 40s. I have a great career and an amazing little family. I just wanted to throw this out there before people speculate on the character of the pink haired dame with tats. :)

Is this the SAME girl that reportedly parked Whitney's car for her?

IF SO... THIS IS TOO ODD...

:truce: I don't think she is the one that parked the car?? Is she?
the car parker was Eliz.. something... did anyone catch initials on this woman?

Her initals are - Li H - not the one who parked the car on Monday night but one who says it might be her car's window which was broken into recently

Was it the same neighbor who helped her park that said her car had been broken into at the same place or was it a different neighbor? tia

nope, two different people.

woman who was interviewed and said her car was broken into in the same spot:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Moth...ine-in-our-heart-174807411.html?tab=video&c=y

woman who helped her move her car the night before (no hinky meter going off here for me):
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Chil...to-missing-woman-174894441.html?tab=video&c=y

• Did the driver at the gas station know his next destination? And so knew he needed a few gallons but in order to be fast at the station he only ordered the minimum needed (so the attendant would stay there and be quick)? Possibly deciding to do this again at another location - quick in and out where you are barely noticed?
  • Were Dodge Park and Larch Mountain also familiar places to Whitney? The gas station most likely was. Walmart most likely was. And now...
  • ...Another familiar place seems to be where her phone was found. Everyone keeps citing the apartment complex it was found in but when you zoom there in a map and pull out a bit, you see there is a field with bushes behind it. That field is in between the phone apartment complex and the McMenamin's Edgefields. McMenamins seem to have a private looking off the path road where you could sit "and talk" if you were so inclined. Some posters said they saw references to Whitney's familiarity with this McMenamins. McMenamin's are pubs and not open in the mornings. That means that private road adjacent to the field adjacent to the phone find location (Troutdale Terrace Apartments) would be familiar to Whitney (and someone she knew) perhaps and possibly quite private.
  • In other words, lots of familiar places. And a driver with knowledge of needing a few more gallons (I checked the 1999 Ford SUVs gas mileage and will say 14MPG is most likely). If the driver knew they were headed to Dodge Park or Larch Mountain (perhaps for a brokered discussion) then he would know just how many gallons would be enough for a round trip. There are limited opportunities for gas once you head over to those areas.
  • When was the phone tossed? You could be sitting on that private road next to McMenamin's and throw it across the field into the bushes, easily, especially if angered.
  • If the phone was off (and at some point tossed), Starbucks couldn't reach her. I want to know the ping information for when they did reach someone. Where was that phone answered from? Pings will also tell us all the places Whitney's phone traveled.
  • McMenamin's and where the phone was found seems to be a middle ground between Walmart and her apartment. Not perfectly in the middle but a reasonable in between.
  • Is there another vehicle to consider? For example, if she was intercepted by another at her own apartment and was persuaded to meet at McMenamin's or any of the other relevant addresses, then another car could be in play.

Very nice points.

Also the place where the phone was found would be on the way to Larch Mountain from the gas station. Larch Mountain has lots of entry points and I think some news-website had the point listed on the map. Also posted here by Nurse earlier today.

If there was another vehicle, would you not consider multiple preps?

Some addresses:

Whitney (and her husband Clint) Heichel's Apartment
733 SE Cochran Dr, Gresham, OR 97080

The distance between Whitney's home and her work is 1.1 mile, or 4 minutes

Whitney's work location @Starbucks
2233 Northeast Burnside Road, Gresham, OR 97030

I have seen some posters here list different Starbucks addresses. There are a few locations close together so it is easy to pick the wrong one. The above is correct.

Shell Station (where the attendant who pumped the gas recalls a male driver/female passenger. The driver was in a hurry and only wanted a little gas).
25737 SE Stark St Troutdale, OR 97060

This station sits at a large wide intersection. It's in one of those awkward kind of spots where you can only enter into it with a right turn. Left turns into the station would be near impossible if any cars are sitting at the light. There is also a metro bus stop in the bushes in front of the Shell gas station. The store is not that big but you certainly can go in for convenience items. Mostly, it would work like this: you sit in the car, you barely roll down the window, you hand your ATM card to a busy attendant and say "4 gallons of unleaded please", you might roll back up your window. The attendant quickly pumps your gas as he scans the other cars to see some are needing their nozzle removed now and some just pulled up for service - the attendant is planning his next moves.

In other words, imagine taking the card, sliding it in the machine, watching the pump quickly get to 4 gallons, all while scanning the other cars you have to tend to next. The passenger to you from that vantage point is on the other side of the car, up in the front while you are at the rear, passenger is smaller than the seat (not visible from your pump perspective) and all of this through dark windows. You don't really see her much at all. And same with the driver - he rolled up his window so you aren't really seeing him much either. You have no reason to pay that much attention when your mind is on the busy work at hand on a work weekday morning.

Full serve in Oregon is mandatory but it is not the kind of full service that you used to find as higher priced amenities back in the day of the ding ding sound as you pull in over the rubber hose. These guys aren't checking your oil or cleaning your windshield. The attendant would have had very little opportunity to see these people, in particular the passenger.

I'm no longer there so there is no full serve where I am but I can tell you what happens when you live there. If you are on your way to work and you know you don't have enough gas to get there, the only way you can get the gas quickly is to order a small amount. If you say 10 gallons or fill it up then the guy starts your gas and disappears. The attendant always gets back to your car long after your gas is done. Only if you ask for a little does it guarantee they will watch the dials for the 2 or 3 or 4 gallons you asked for since it happens so fast. You really can get in and get out of the lot fast only if you do it this way. I did it several times when I was at risk of being late for a meeting but needed a little more gas. Order a small amount and you can zip out exponentially faster.

• McMenamin's and where the phone was found seems to be a middle ground between Walmart and her apartment. Not perfectly in the middle but a reasonable in between[/QUOTE].

[*]Is there another vehicle to consider? For example, if she was intercepted by another at her own apartment and was persuaded to meet at McMenamin's or any of the other relevant addresses, then another car could be in play.
There is much to consider - maybe we will learn more at the next press conference.

Other relevant addresses:

McMenamin's Edgefield
2126 Southwest Halsey Street Troutdale, OR

Dodge Park
39393 Southeast Lusted Road Sandy, OR 97055

Larch Mountain Corridor, Corbett, OR

Walmart
23500 Northeast Sandy Boulevard, Wood Village, OR

another vehicle? OR was this perp ON FOOT?
How far could a "jog"have been from WalMart BACK TO THE COMPLEX?

Not by car... on foot (as the eagle flies etc...)
cutting through the trees other yards etc..?? :waitasec:

I'm thinking this may have been a "neighbor" that layed in wait...
and then returned to the complex after ditching the car.:furious:
:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members