GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he grabbed her in the parking lot, then drove around with her? To rape her or what did he have in mind? And afterwards he drove around and threw her things in dumpsters and the cell in the bushes, and used the card, got some gas, and ditched the car - was he trying to confuse investigators? How did her license plate come off? I guess she put up a fight - the beads missing, the window broken, etc. Poor sweet Whitney!!

As so often, the guy doesn't look like a murderer and people say he was "nice". *sigh* Awful, just awful the whole thing. :( Poor poor Clint! I feel to go and hug him.

ETA: afterthought: if they knew him she maybe wasn't that concerned in the beginning, maybe thought she can calm him down and sort it out. That would explain why she didn't try to escape at the gas station.

from the above link
Children say they find cell phone that belongs to missing woman

The apartment complex is about four miles from Whitney Heichel's Gresham home.(my words, where the phone was found)

Elizabeth Spencer said she saw Heichel struggling to park her SUV the night before she disappeared

Gresham police said if there is new information or new details related to the case they won't release them until a briefing at City Hall Friday morning.

"She had a little dangling bead thing from the rear view mirror that had been ripped off; the back seats were down, which was odd; there was a rubber mat and the carpet that was in the back and those were on top of the seats.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Chil...-that-belongs-to-missing-woman-174894441.html

Bump.

Neighbor was Elizabeth Spencer.

And sorry if this was already reposted. I am slow!

Okay, here we go! This article gives the neighbor's name, the one who parked the car for her. Still don't have the video, but scroll down about halfway and there is her name.

http://www.kval.com/news/local/Police-confirm-they-have-missing-womans-cell-phone-174976521.html
O thanks so much krey!! I now remember reading this article, I don't know why I couldn't recall it was a female because I clearly remember her recount of Whitney asking if she would come over and asked if she had bumped the other car. thanks again for helping me set myself straight! :yourock:

This tragic story is all too familiar to me....Motive is greed for his own disgusting satisfaction. If Oregon has the same statues as Kansas, the charge of aggravated murder means there are specific and horrifying circumstances that had to occur before, during and/or after he took her life. Just makes me sick.

Yes it does, I've just been reading about the qualifiers for this charge and it is the ONLY charge in OR. that can carry a sentence of capital punishment. I just want to punch him in his stupid face, I just posted earlier that I don't think this guy has drug problem, I think it's just what you said. Self centered man-child is I think how I described him earlier. If he couldn't have her, no one could. SOB

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/163.095

In Oregon, aggravated murder is the only charge for which one can receive the death penalty. So even though Kitzhaber has put a moratorium on executions, I think it is still possible that he can be sentenced to death. Anybody know for sure?

AFAIK the law stands. Pretty sure the moratorium came about over that lawsuit a guy filed to keep from being executed. Then he wanted to be killed, then he didn't. Can't remember his name. But a big mess.

Since I live in Illinois now where they put innocent people in jail too often, I've grown colder on the DP. I am in 100 percent in favor of LWOP. DP is so expensive and rarely carried out in OR. Jmho.

O thanks so much krey!! I now remember reading this article, I don't know why I couldn't recall it was a female because I clearly remember her recount of Whitney asking if she would come over and asked if she had bumped the other car. thanks again for helping me set myself straight! :yourock:

You're very welcome!!!! :) :) :)

Was the woman on fb with the same surname as the perp called A<modsnip>

I keep seeing her face in my mind, so happy and full of life. I can't come to terms that she is really gone. I can't even began to imagine how her family feels! This man really has destroyed so many lives. And if that lady is his wife or sister, I can't even imagine.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/oregon/175045151.html

so when they found the suv at walmart, it doesnt have a license plate...when they were searching the larch mountain, they found the license plate there so they continued to search there

IMO, they felt she's there so they didnt get the public to look there to avoid any contaminations of evidence.

On another article, it said cellphone was found off, but in this article said kids found it because it was ringing..

For Jonathan Holt, hope you spend the rest of your miserable life in prison.

AFAIK the law stands. Pretty sure the moratorium came about over that lawsuit a guy filed to keep from being executed. Then he wanted to be killed, then he didn't. Can't remember his name. But a big mess.

Since I live in Illinois now where they put innocent people in jail too often, I've grown colder on the DP. I am in 100 percent in favor of LWOP. DP is so expensive and rarely carried out in OR. Jmho.

Yes, Gary Haugen is the guy who wants to be put to death per his sentence. I also have mixed feelings about the death penalty, and agree that the expense is astronomical (but it's also pretty high for LOP, especially when the perp is 24). This is the exact type of crime that a jury may give the death penalty for. I think you are right, the death penalty is still on the table for Holt.

The LE should send a message to the community to make your FB profile private and only include friends whom you trust.

In lot of ways, Google+ is a better option than FB because you can include all your photos only with closest trustful circle of friends and not with anyone else.

So he grabbed her in the parking lot, then drove around with her? To rape her or what did he have in mind? And afterwards he drove around and threw her things in dumpsters and the cell in the bushes, and used the card, got some gas, and ditched the car - was he trying to confuse investigators? How did her license plate come off? I guess she put up a fight - the beads missing, the window broken, etc. Poor sweet Whitney!!

As so often, the guy doesn't look like a murderer and people say he was "nice". *sigh* Awful, just awful the whole thing. :( Poor poor Clint! I feel to go and hug him.

ETA: afterthought: if they knew him she maybe wasn't that concerned in the beginning, maybe thought she can calm him down and sort it out. That would explain why she didn't try to escape at the gas station.

i doubt he grabbed her, he could possible waiting for whitney to go out and when she's out, holt came out with some tragic story blah blah so whitney offered to help drive him. Holt possibly borrowed her cell to call but he intentionally turn it off...he said he will drive, they went to gasoline station to put some gas and went straight to larch mountain...

Just some theory...i dont see or hear a scene, they went to gasoline station and ATM without a scene so there must be something Holt made up for her to willingly go with him

i doubt he grabbed her, he could possible waiting for whitney to go out and when she's out, holt came out with some tragic story blah blah so whitney offered to help drive him. Holt possibly borrowed her cell to call but he intentionally turn it off...he said he will drive, they went to gasoline station to put some gas and went straight to larch mountain...

Just some theory...i dont see or hear a scene, they went to gasoline station and ATM without a scene so there must be something Holt made up for her to willingly go with him

Except the gas station visits are reported to be over 2 hrs after he took her. I'm guessing he might have been driving around (maybe Dodge Park?), assaulted her, then got gas and went to Larch Mtn?

The LE should send a message to the community to make your FB profile private and only include friends whom you trust.

In lot of ways, Google+ is a better option than FB because you can include all your photos only with closest trustful circle of friends and not with anyone else.

I don't want criminals making their FB private. Less for all of us to sleuth. Imo.

But in general, many people are completely unaware they are broadcasting to the public and/or 'friends of friends', which is just about as bad.

This is so sad :-( I was hoping they would find her alive someplace. My sister use to live in Portland and it is a beautiful city. I pray for Clint and her family for peace and healing. JMO

Agree with the wisdom of profile privacy. But you can elect to show your photos only to certain people on Facebook, too. Put your friends in groups, and make photos or comments public or private to specific groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01