GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also thought this same thing. WH - being so caring and nice - believed him (especially knowing Clint had jumped his motorcycle earlier) and agreed to give him a ride. (My 30 year old self would probably believe this too!!!)

OR - I was also thinking... perhaps when his 'motorcycle needed a jump' 2 weeks ago he had asked Whitney for help/a ride. At that time she went at got Clint which foiled his plan. Maybe he had actually tried to kidnap her 2 weeks ago?

He very well could have used the earlier incident with the bike as a way to possibly get closer to Whitney.

One thing is for sure, JH was watching (stalking might be the better word) Whitney for some time.

JMO

I'm a little behind, sorry. In the confession it says "Mr. Holt disposed of his cellular phone at Roslyn Lake after the shooting." Why would he dispose of HIS phone? That doesn't make any sense to me, especially before disposing of HER phone. I believe he killed her but I don't think he is being honest in his recount of what really happened.

ETA: kind of like he was throwing out reason for why things were found where they were. If that makes sense.

MOO is that he had incriminating photos on it. Maybe he had been stalking her, maybe he even had photos or video of her during his crimes? Then thought better of it and decided to throw it in the water, thinking it would destroy the evidence.

MOO is that he had incriminating photos on it. Maybe he had been stalking her, maybe he even had photos or video of her during his crimes? Then thought better of it and decided to throw it in the water, thinking it would destroy the evidence.

I hope not :please:

ETA: I guess that he wouldn't have been required to be mirandized until he was questioned as a suspect. I'm guessing that applies to his first, maybe second, talk with the police. Unsure about the third. He could be unaware that he didn't have to speak to them each time they asked to speak to him... he could be unaware that he could have requested an attorney be present at those discussions.

Certainly he was mirandized when they arrested him.

I reckon he didn't ask for an attorney...

In Oregon, guilty pleas are not accepted during arraignment on felonies.

I really think that, for whatever reason, he regrets his decision (i.e. what he did to WH). IMO, I think we can expect he will make a deal.

Thanks for this,msthinksalot. I think I remember reading that the third time he came in 'voluntarily' was when they had the results of the fingerprints they'd gotten during the second visit, and that at the third visit he was arrested. His rights hopefully would've been read to him at time of arrest as is usual...but also it was reported that he'd made a confession that Friday night. That's what I was referring to...the confession likely came after the reading of his rights, but having had a defense lawyer present with him (esp. given his frame of mind, suicide jacket, etc.) would likely make any confession stronger in court, if it comes to that. A good lawyer might find a way to waive or disqualify that confession (unless, of course, his client doesn't want that), given his state of mind at the time. (They also mentioned doing an mental evaluation of JH at some point; I wonder, has that been done?)

I think it's possible that she smartly tossed his phone. That may have sent his plan into a tail spin. That could be the reason this appears so frantic and unplanned. It could also be the reason for the multiple gun shot wounds. Anger at ruining his perfect crime.

A 99 Ford Explorer uses a plastic license plate holder that is attached to the front bumper similar to the one pictured below. The screws will not corrode. The entire license plate holder could have been removed by just stepping or jumping on it with your foot.

images

images

Thanks for posting those pictures! We have plastic plate holders also, but it looks like these holders would have, like on one of our cars, the non-corrosive phillips-head screws holding it on instead of the nut bolts (our other car). In any case, those holes show one would still would need a screwdriver to get the metal plate off--jumping on the holder would just break the plastic frame (and one of ours is broken half off, though the plate is still attached).

I think it's possible that she smartly tossed his phone. That may have sent his plan into a tail spin. That could be the reason this appears so frantic and unplanned. It could also be the reason for the multiple gun shot wounds. Anger at ruining his perfect crime.

Could be...though then LE should be able to find her prints (or DNA?) on the phone to verify if that was what happened (if it matters to know...).

Or maybe he had a similar phone to hers and he tossed it thinking it was hers. He then realizes it is hers when Clint starts calling and texting. Maybe he has it in his pocket the whole time and he's walking past the Troutdale apartments when he realizes this and just tosses it into the woods.

Or maybe he had a similar phone to hers and he tossed it thinking it was hers. He then realizes it is hers when Clint starts calling and texting. Maybe he has it in his pocket the whole time and he's walking past the Troutdale apartments when he realizes this and just tosses it into the woods.
I think he definitely tossed it when Clint started calling and texting.

He very well could have used the earlier incident with the bike as a way to possibly get closer to Whitney.

One thing is for sure, JH was watching (stalking might be the better word) Whitney for some time.

JMO

Did he confess to this? Is there anything in the police records? Last I heard it was only "sources say" he was obsessed with Whitney.

Sorry...I'm just nitpicky about how truth is presented at times...even when describing someone accused of an admittedly heinous crime.

I don't know if that could be possible due to the fact that it takes over 40 minutes without any traffic to get from their apartment complex (Heatherwood Apartments) to his work (Canteen Vending Services). Considering she was leaving only 15 minutes before 7am when she was scheduled, this would have been impossible for her to do for him without letting her employer know she was going to be significantly late. She would've had to have called her employer before that 5 minutes later when JH supposedly pulled the gun on her.

Map from the apartments to his work:
http://goo.gl/maps/2C8mr

He could have asked her for a ride just to the MAX (light rail) station that is not too far from her work. That would have been doable and practically on the way.

I keep wondering if the front license plate came off during a struggle rather than being deliberately removed by JH. It's possible that Whitney fought back at some point. Seems odd to me that with everything else happening he would take the time to remove the front license plate (but not the back?) and then just leave it at the scene. Although, anything is possible - this whole thing seem so disorganized.

I heard last night (although it may have been a rumor) that he did have photos of Whitney on his phone. Anyone know if this has been confirmed?

Oh, an earlier one from Kyle Iboshi:

Reports show Jonathan Holt mysteriously disappeared in August 2011. Returned nearly 12 hours later explaining he had a "mental breakdown"

https://twitter.com/KyleIboshi/status/260856130538991616

BBM

Well thats a great excuse for Family and Friends. Wonder where he was. I wonder what he told Family as far as his travels. That's one quick breakdown. 12 hours and good to go. Go home at least :banghead:

I heard last night (although it may have been a rumor) that he did have photos of Whitney on his phone. Anyone know if this has been confirmed?

Not that i have seen :seeya:

Well thats a great excuse for Family and Friends. Wonder where he was. I wonder what he told Family as far as his travels. That's one quick breakdown. 12 hours and good to go. Go home at least :banghead:

maybe this wasn't his first time murdering somebody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazy_visitor