Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go... Nel says we should honor Barry Steenkamp's request to see what the accused did with four black talon rounds through a door. Says Mr. Roux wants us to "see" the truth, then let's allow the world to see what the accused has done to Reeva.

Erin Bates Verified account ‏@ermbates 15h15 hours ago

Isn't it time as Mr Roux wanted the court to see and the world to see, we now see what this accused did? submits Nel @News24 #OscarPistorius

SCA - "Identity of the victim irrelevant to his guilt".

"He may have been anxious" does not indicate acceptance of that. They are saying that it, too, is irrelevant.

You are also deliberately ignoring "He did not have a genuinely held belief that his life was in danger".

It's really a bit of a stretch to include questions and answers from the actual hearing. The judgement is what actually matters.

Just marking my spot really.

I appreciate that no one could have thought they were justified to fire at a person in the circumstances and he will see prison time for that.

But this was mitigation.

Rebuttal Accepting the SCA vs accepting the reposnibility. Very different.

Rebuttal Studies stopping in prison. So what. No foundation and loads of prisoners can study inside. Look at the register of prison - he requested and allowed very many things incl a TV. Of course he would have been allowed a computer.

Point 9. Mashabane's evidence and the Voltaren row over pain. Nel sees it differently. I dont expect any man to throw things ona table, being aggressive, a convicted violent offender doing this to 3 female staff, this was in Feb 2015, that's a full 4 months into his prison time ( ie not new adjustment)

Is it now not time to see th einjuries to RS as BS said yesterday. Masipa, you have seen the photos. Time for us all to see these photos and what he did ti the victim.
COUP DE GRACE if he gets his request

( My feed meant I missed the earlier points in Nel's list. )

Sorry, but it is the first time I have seen it answered, which is why i have asked twice in the past two days.

yeah not having a go - its just frustrating when people post the wrong answer!

The Citizen News ‏@TheCitizen_News 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius: Nel applies for ban on publication of gruesome photos of #ReevaSteenkamp injuries to be lifted, as her father asked. #ID

The Citizen News ‏@TheCitizen_News 15h15 hours ago

Nel: Isn't it time for world to see what #OscarPistorius did with black talon rounds to #ReevaSteenkamp? #ID

2m ago
11:27
State begins closing argument

Gerrie Nel says that the argument that Pistorius thought the person behind the door was an intruder does not make it a less serious crime. Does it detract from the fact that he is a murderer?

He says he won’t deal with perceptions but with facts.

If you want to talk about a broken man, he says, let’s talk about Barry Steenkamp.

Nel acknowledges that the defence says Pistorius has accepted the court’s findings of murder. That is not the same as accepting what he did, the prosecutor says.

7m ago
11:22
Roux says Pistorius should be sentenced to community service.

It is for the court to decide, he adds. But there is a reason why the trial court has discretion over sentencing.

The court should strike a balance between aggravating factors and the “many, many” mitigating factors.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...ius-sentencing-live-day-three-reeva-steenkamp

David Dadic ‏@DavidDadic 47s48 seconds ago

As I said, if you come at a bulldog, prepare to get bitten. Hard.

"Yes, the accused is vulnerable but he has excellent coping skills," says Nel reading from previous hearing(s) #OscarPistorius @News24

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Nel: Scholtz says the accused has anxiety and depression - but his counsel tells the court he hoarded medicine. BB

Barry Bateman Verified account ‏@barrybateman 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Nel: Scholtz says the accused has anxiety and depression - but his counsel tells the court he hoarded medicine. BB

Dr. Scholtz reported to the treating psychiatrist that Oscar needed hospitalization. But no action was taken, so the treating psychiatrist must not have agreed.

"No steps were taken to hospitalize him," says Nel on Scholtz's recommendation for hospitalization #OscarPistorius @News24

yeah not having a go - its just frustrating when people post the wrong answer!

no worries. Was just aware that it was me that had been asking because I kept seeing tweets with differing info.

What do you think of Nel saying he will show the photos? David Dadic said 'Holy hell'!

Nel is wrong about the tablets. The nurse clearly stated that the tablets in the packet were not administered by the prison. Therefore, to me, that indicates they must have been "imported" by a visitor. Nel you need to get everything right. There is no time for mistakes here. Or have I got this wrong?

Nel-- our argument is different and we now say that the accused's degree of culpability is very close to Dolus directus. We now claim that his culpability borders on Dolus directus.

Jacaranda News ‏@JacaNews 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Nel says Scholtz felt OP should be hospitalised, but his treating psychiatrist didn't feel it was needed.

Jacaranda News ‏@JacaNews 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Nel says their argument now is that OP's degree of culpability is very close to dolus directus.

Karyn Maughan Verified account ‏@karynmaughan 15h15 hours ago

Nel: #OscarPistorius knew there was someone in that bathroom and fired four shots. This is very close to direct intent.

super - caught the snippet , Nel saying actually we now say it's close to DD

Forget about DE being close to CH

Barry Bateman Verified account ‏@barrybateman 15h15 hours ago

#OscarPistorius Nel: the accused fired four shots through the door - his culpability borders on dolus directus. BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorianM4C