Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
My worry about all this is that Masipa gets the law wrong yet again.

I hope Nel has water tight submissions on the sentencing principles

here's the "new" development BIB

But a psychiatrist is the leading and treating doc surely, in the "hierarchy,"( not a psychologist) so only Dr Bosch could have recommended that and he clearly didn't and didn't testify.

Nel will address the law of this in closing I am sure

Please can we all book mark this post as this question has been answered so many times!

Sorry, but it is the first time I have seen it answered, which is why i have asked twice in the past two days.

BIB He did not know the identity not that he did not think it was Reeva.

BIB Not so. SCA "He may have been anxious"

Leach also said when asked by Roux "Then why did he fire" said wtte "Because he was fearful"

Yes, he was fearful she was going to call Police and report Oscar Pistorius, the national sports hero, was chasing her around his house with a bat and a gun and an air rifle.

“He wants to put back,” Roux tells the court, detailing Pistorius’ charity work and a potential job leading an early childhood development programme. (This is the job offer from his uncle Arnold Pistorius we heard about earlier this week.)

Roux says Pistorius has already spent 12 months in jail and that life in prison for a disabled person is hard:

You do everything in your cell … You’re segregated, you don’t go to dining room to eat with the other guys, you eat in your room because you’re at risk.It’s punishment, we understand that … but it does not mean it’s easier for him.

Isolation has been disproved IMO. Wish they'd shown him playing footie with Radovan and had the CS peeps up to say , he did not want to mix, but there you go.

Roux says the isolation of confinement “can amount to torture” but the defence won’t say Pistorius’ treatment was such.

He says Pistorius completed all his rehabilitation programmes – including one called Anger In, Anger Out – “with excellence”.

He says Pistorius has taken responsibility for what he has done.

This unique intervention by Masutha , is also factually incorrect, as we found on WS months ago. Masipa may not even know that though!!!
Roux points out that Pistorius’ original planned release from prison – approved by the parole board – was delayed after a government minister intervened. This has not happened to anyone else, he says. Why wait until that last minute to intervene? That decision could have been made weeks earlier.

He says Pistorius has also spent many months under “correctional supervision” (that is, house arrest at his uncle’s home).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...ius-sentencing-live-day-three-reeva-steenkamp

trial by media & DV

Roux moves on to the televising of the trial.

No other accused has ever had to endure this level of publicity, misinformation and character assassination.

It was not a decision that benefited Pistorius, he says, and opened him up to a trial by public opinion and a “media frenzy”.

The perception persists that the death of Steenkamp was gender-related, Roux tells the judge:

This case has nothing to do with gender violence.

The refusal by so many people to accept the facts of the case means Pistorius will never regain his status in society.[/QUOTE]

BIB - It's all our fault, we have ruined him with our misunderstandings. LOL

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...ius-sentencing-live-day-three-reeva-steenkamp

Here we go... disability on parade.

A disabled person could never kill anyone, could they?

Oh my God, this is the most disgusting display I have ever seen.

ah god help us, here's Oscar on his stumps, he's going to reproduce his run down the hallway? surely not. What can it be?.... ah yes.. Roux is going to go thru the murder piece by piece.. here we have the suffering Oscar, anxious, defensive, in the dark, ....

*gag*

Here we go... disability on parade.

A disabled person could never kill anyone, could they?

Oh my God, this is the most disgusting display I have ever seen.

I totally agree. Manipulating in the most disgusting way.

dropped even lower on his knees now..he does actually look about 3 ft tall

"if it doesn't fit you must acquit" oh the memories... :facepalm:

This is so sickening, unbelievable. Are we seeing a retrial?

Someone on David Dadic's tweet feed just made an apt comment along the lines of can Nel ask him to hold a gun and pretend to fire a gun four times while on his stumps.

my feed just came back

So he is showing on camera

he is wearing Nike clothes - Nike need to complain!

snivelling. holding onto bench bar

now kneeling on a pad, oh someone just gave him a cushion to kneel on.

he walks back to put on his legs and walks more unsteadily than he did in his own mini crime thriller.

All the while Roux is opining about his vulnerability, even Roux is getting confused, this was all very distracting trying to focus on R ranting and OP wobbling & snivelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat