Oscar Pistorius - Sentencing - 6.13.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 30s31 seconds ago
#OscarPistorius Nel says he has a witness, but would prefer to call tomorrow so he can finalise. BB

#OscarPistorius Nel says he’s ready to argue tomorrow. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 1m1 minute ago
#OscarPistorius Nel says it will be emotional evidence. His last witness. BB

I am giving Charlotte the winners flag in that encounter.. it was close , at times, but she held her line and Roux didn't get to tell the story, by any means... so.. Charlotte by a shade .....

Roux is having a meltdown , a high pitched hissy about the order of witness to the stand...... I think Nel will win this one, Roux is going to have to suck it up.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 1m1 minute ago
#OscarPistorius Roux objects - he doesn’t want to lose the hour. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 12s12 seconds ago
#OscarPistorius Nel says he doesn’t want to keep the witness overnight. This is in the interest of the witness. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 16s17 seconds ago
#OscarPistorius Nel wants the witness to be in the box once and not be burdened with cross-examination overnight. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 31s31 seconds ago
#OscarPistorius Masipa grants the request - but we might have to sit late tomorrow. BB

Nel only has one more witness. It will be emotional testimony which could take from 20 minutes up to 2 hours. Roux is objecting and wants the witness to start now. Masipa grants adjournment until tomorrow but the court will sit until it's finished.

ok so that is that for today... Nel gets his witness on when he prefers, ( in the morning ) and Roux has a little pout and sulk about it, then a rueful grin.... he is the consumate defence lawyer, after all...

a'bientot for this evening from Sydney, NSW, Australia.

before I go, does anyone know who the witness will be tomorrow , for the Prosecution?.....

Nel says it will be emotional.. I am hoping, of course, that it will be Oscar's previous girlfriend, but that is merely wishful thinking.. or it could be one of the neighbors.. I am intensely curious as to whom it will be.

Any speculation on who this witness could be ?

Does anyone think June will be speaking as well ?

Oscar's such a liar. He had hoarded 28 tablets. Roux tried to make out that Oscar decided to cut back on his medication and put it under the mattress. Mashabane says no, the medication was found in a box and that's not how it's given in the hospital, only a dose at a time..

before I go, does anyone know who the witness will be tomorrow , for the Prosecution?.....

Nel says it will be emotional.. I am hoping, of course, that it will be Oscar's previous girlfriend, but that is merely wishful thinking.. or it could be one of the neighbors.. I am intensely curious as to whom it will be.

Frank

I think it could be June, Frank, a previous girlfriend or Gina Myers.

However, I don't think it will be June as we have heard from Barry today.

I don't think it will be Frank as he has chosen not be get involved and it would not be emotional.

I think it will be a female if it is going to be emotional.

So Samantha Taylor would be able to talk about OP's violent side.

Otherwise, it could be Gina Myers with whose family Reeva lived.

http://www.marieclaire.co.za/celebr...st-friend-gina-myers-writes-her-a-final-email

It could also be Trish Taylor who would have a lot to say according to this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eveals-Blade-Runners-violent-mood-swings.html

20minutes to 2 hours Nel estimates?

well I think an ex GF.
It cant be jenna edkins, she was in today, sat with the Pisto family, she'll never turn.
Was sam taylor in today?

I doubt it would be June. Barry's done everything that needs to be done there, for the both of them IMO

Uncle Steenkamp?

Someone who will be emotive/emotional and wouldn't be fair to leave them "hanging" overnight if he had put them up late this afternoon?

Myers family member - Gina?

If Mr Jitty is still hanging here

Do you know why at outset yesterday when Masipa asks with a wry smile "Does he have any previous convictions?" and Nel says"No " why the other minor charges were not read out .

I know that collectively there's been so many posts on this for soooo Long , but I just can't remember the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg