Other Possible Victims of Melissa Huckaby?

And I think I read somewhere that a friend, Emily?, stated it was a baby.

Yeah, I think got the child as a baby and raised her to a point but then the friend moved away so doesn't know beyond that.

Can someone track down the churches and post the addresses of those here? Thanks! It would be so helpful.

//http://www.classmates.com/search/advSearch.do?firstName=melissa&lastName=lawless&communityType=&communityName=&city=&state=CA&queryString=&searchType=&origReturnUrl=&btnAS=Search

Advanced Search ResultsAdvanced SearchTips
Your search for " melissa , lawless , California "
returned 343431 results in People and Communities
Want different results? Return to Advanced Search

People (5)Communities (343426)
1-5 of 5 results
Melissa Huckaby (Lawless)
Brea Olinda High School, Brea, CA, 1995-1999
Melissa Lawless
California State University, San Bernardino, CA, 2004-2006
Brea - Olinda Friends Christian School, Brea, CA, 1987-1991
Brea - Olinda Friends Christian School, Brea, CA, 1988-1992
Brea Olinda High School, Brea, CA, 1995-1999
Thank you, freefallzzz. (You're starting out with a bang.)

This is probably not particularly germane to anything, but I was caught by the fact that MH's elementary school called itself "Brea - Olinda Friends Christian School".

Both of my boys attended a well known and well established Friends School from pre-K through 12. It is a non-denominational private school which is not by at all a religiously oriented institution, except for very basic principles of social tolerance.

I am by no means familiar with all Friends schools (This is, of course, a reference to a Quaker heritage.) but the ones I know about are similarly unconcerned with the imperatives of fundamentalist Christianity. If you do a Google search using the term "friends school" you will see what I mean.

The Brea - Olinda Friends Christian School clearly is not. It's mission statement (link here) begins with an uncompromising assertion of biblical inerrancy and becomes increasingly more strident.

I find the use of the word "Friends" in their school name to be more than disingenuous. The connotations of this word are quite clear to nearly anyone familiar with the private school community. In general the philosophy of most Friends Schools is quite antithetical to the mission statement of this group.

If I were less charitable I would say that they were misrepresenting themselves in the very name of their school.

Here is a bit of a rundown on where she was living over a period of time:

Huckaby lived with her grandparents as long as seven years ago in the mobile home park, court papers say. She was unmarried, going by her maiden name, Lawless, and in 2002 filed a domestic violence restraining order against an ex-boyfriend.

By 2003, she was living in an apartment nearby on North Tracy Boulevard and had filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection, unable to pay tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills and credit card charges.

Sutter Tracy Community Hospital had sued her months before, seeking more than $10,000 for unspecified medical treatment, while she worked at a Food 4 Less grocery store.

She got married eight days after filing for bankruptcy. Four months later, Huckaby gave birth to her daughter, M, who would become Sandra’s playmate. Huckaby and her husband lived in Orange County, separated in 2004 and divorced the next year, court papers say.

Her known criminal record dates to 2006, when Huckaby was convicted of petty theft in Los Angeles County. She served jail time for the charge, but it is unclear for how long, according to court papers filed in San Joaquin County Superior Court.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090414/A_NEWS/904140316

Thank you, freefallzzz. (You're starting out with a bang.)

This is probably not particularly germane to anything, but I was caught by the fact that MH's elementary school called itself "Brea - Olinda Friends Christian School".

Both of my boys attended a well known and well established Friends School from pre-K through 12. It is a non-denominational private school which is not by at all a religiously oriented institution, except for very basic principles of social tolerance.

I am by no means familiar with all Friends schools (This is, of course, a reference to a Quaker heritage.) but the ones I know about are similarly unconcerned with the imperatives of fundamentalist Christianity. If you do a Google search using the term "friends school" you will see what I mean.

The Brea - Olinda Friends Christian School clearly is not. It's mission statement (link here) begins with an uncompromising assertion of biblical inerrancy and becomes increasingly more strident.

I find the use of the word "Friends" in their school name to be more than disingenuous. The connotations of this word are quite clear to nearly anyone familiar with the private school community. In general the philosophy of most Friends Schools is quite antithetical to the mission statement of this group.

If I were less charitable I would say that they were misrepresenting themselves in the very name of their school.

I am familiar with this particular school and knew people who taught there. It is a decent size private school, and well respected in the community. It isn't some type of "fringe" church school, but very normal. People from all walks of life put their children in this school, not just church members. Likewise, the teachers I knew did not attend the church and were not involved in their denomination.

What part of San Bernardino county? It's huge (I live in SBC)--the largest county in the country. Would help to narrow it down to towns if you know. Thanks!

I am familiar with this particular school and knew people who taught there. It is a decent size private school, and well respected in the community. It isn't some type of "fringe" church school, but very normal. People from all walks of life put their children in this school, not just church members. Likewise, the teachers I knew did not attend the church and were not involved in their denomination.
Thank you. I am relieved to hear that.

Small private schools have gotten some difficult publicity over the years. As a result I can tend to be a bit defensive.

Huckaby lived with her grandparents as long as seven years ago in the mobile home park, court papers say. She was unmarried, going by her maiden name, Lawless, and in 2002 filed a domestic violence restraining order against an ex-boyfriend.

By 2003, she was living in an apartment nearby on North Tracy Boulevard and had filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection, unable to pay tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills and credit card charges.

Sutter Tracy Community Hospital had sued her months before, seeking more than $10,000 for unspecified medical treatment, while she worked at a Food 4 Less grocery store.

She got married eight days after filing for bankruptcy. Four months later, Huckaby gave birth to her daughter, M, who would become Sandra’s playmate. Huckaby and her husband lived in Orange County, separated in 2004 and divorced the next year, court papers say.

Her known criminal record dates to 2006, when Huckaby was convicted of petty theft in Los Angeles County. She served jail time for the charge, but it is unclear for how long, according to court papers filed in San Joaquin County Superior Court.

With that timeline and those circumstances, I highly doubt this is the same Melissa Lawless/Huckaby that attended college at Cal State San Bernardino.

So, She only has one child,,,Someone reported one time she had another one. But obvioulsy she only has 1.

It was mentioned on the friends and family thread that there was a younger girl staying with Melissa's family at one time (when Melissa was younger) and then appeared to leave or be gone. I wonder if something happened there.
I *think* that may be an adopted daughter. In the raw interview with Melissa's father he said that he had two boys and another daughter younger than Melissa...

I don't doubt that there are other molestation victims, but I do doubt that there are other murder victims or missing children that she killed - the haphazard way she went about hiding her victim and then coming forward about the suitcase tells me that this is someone who has not committed this crime before. I would expect her to be better at hiding the body if she had.

I am posting this information alongside yours SS... because some of it is different... for comparison while we are searching and figure out which of it is correct...:

According to court documents, Melissa Lawless owed more than $17,000 in medical expenses. She earned a total of $10,525 in 2002 while working at the grocery store.
Amid the financial chaos, Melissa married Johnny Huckaby on May 10, 2003, four months before giving birth to M Huckaby in San Joaquin County, according to court documents.
The pair moved south to Fontana, but the marriage quickly soured, with Melissa and her daughter moving out of their apartment by May 2004. Melissa took her daughter to mother Judy Lawless' Cypress home and separated from Johnny Huckaby in August 2004, according to the divorce file.
On Jan. 19, 2005, after almost a year living with her mother, Melissa Huckaby filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, court records show.
Melissa's relatives have said the divorce caused mental issues for her. Melissa came to Tracy eight months ago with her daughter to help care for her grandparents in their mobile home park, a few units from where Sandra lived.
In 2006, Huckaby was convicted of petty theft in Los Angeles County. Information about her sentence wasn't immediately available.
Separately, in January, she pleaded no contest to a petty theft charge in San Joaquin County. She was sentenced to three years of probation on the condition that she participate in a county mental health program.
She had been scheduled to go to court this Friday to report on her participation in that program. snipped from this... http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_12135348

from that article I just posted above, Fontana and Cypress, CA would be towns to keep on radar

Adding to info to help sort out:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/13/MNAB171O1O.DTL

"In addition to her previous, relatively minor criminal convictions, Huckaby has had financial difficulties, mostly related to medical bills.

Court records show that she filed for bankruptcy in 2003 and at the time owed $10,000 to Sutter Tracy Community Hospital, $4,394 for ambulance services, and thousands of dollars in other medical and retail store bills."

I am posting this information alongside yours SS... because some of it is different... for comparison while we are searching and figure out which of it is correct...:

According to court documents, Melissa Lawless owed more than $17,000 in medical expenses. She earned a total of $10,525 in 2002 while working at the grocery store.
Amid the financial chaos, Melissa married Johnny Huckaby on May 10, 2003, four months before giving birth to M Huckaby in San Joaquin County, according to court documents.
The pair moved south to Fontana, but the marriage quickly soured, with Melissa and her daughter moving out of their apartment by May 2004. Melissa took her daughter to mother Judy Lawless' Cypress home and separated from Johnny Huckaby in August 2004, according to the divorce file.
On Jan. 19, 2005, after almost a year living with her mother, Melissa Huckaby filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, court records show.
Melissa's relatives have said the divorce caused mental issues for her. Melissa came to Tracy eight months ago with her daughter to help care for her grandparents in their mobile home park, a few units from where Sandra lived.
In 2006, Huckaby was convicted of petty theft in Los Angeles County. Information about her sentence wasn't immediately available.
Separately, in January, she pleaded no contest to a petty theft charge in San Joaquin County. She was sentenced to three years of probation on the condition that she participate in a county mental health program.
She had been scheduled to go to court this Friday to report on her participation in that program. snipped from this... http://www.mercurynews.com/crime/ci_12135348

FYI...Fontana is in San Bernardino County so we have another connection to that county. It's approximately one hour from her old high school in OC.

I don't doubt that there are other molestation victims, but I do doubt that there are other murder victims or missing children that she killed - the haphazard way she went about hiding her victim and then coming forward about the suitcase tells me that this is someone who has not committed this crime before. I would expect her to be better at hiding the body if she had.
You could be correct, but then again...we simply do not know and the reason we are going to explore the possibility. The fact she was so haphazard could mean she did this before without being caught and is the reason she didn't take many precautions this time.

The way she appeared to be bragging to the reporter about being interrogated about the drugging/molestation of a child prior to this also is a red flag. It makes me wonder how many are out there she isn't bragging about to others and how far she went with those. No one knows except Melissa and the ones who survived perhaps (if they have memories of what happened).

Hi FC, I have been thinking the same thing as you. The crime was done in a disorganized manner acc to LE. There might be killers that are always disorganized, I don't know. But IMO she was way to exuberant in whatever she did to her causing an injury which led to death. A puncture wound I think as LE said they knew the spot where the killing took place.

I did read on another thread here there were 2 other children molested by MH = that makes 3 in total that we know of.

It might be profunctional to search for reported molestations instead of deaths, as I think she is a serial child molester. That part must have happened before IMO if she would graduate to the use of an instrument! That is so abnormal for a gal to do.

As unfathomable--and repugnant--the details of this case are as they are emerging, I was relieved to find a thread already devoted to this possibility since this was my first concern as well.

Prior to allegations of SA I was trying to fathom why she chose to murder another person's child. But when I learned this may have involved SA, I began immediately praying that her own little girl is being evaluated for possible abuse.

Then I came here and the horrifying implications really registered. I am no criminal profiler, and I suppose it is possible she could be anything from a mentally ill but innocent wannabe, to a first-time SO, to a disorganized serial killer. But along w targeting a gender I would assume it's equally possible an SO could have a previously undetected pattern of targeting predominantly victims of younger age group--below which a child is unable to verbalize, or articulate well enough to make an effective witness. Then subsequently "slips up" and victimizes an older child--whose verbal skills threaten to expose the perpetrator who crosses that line finally to murder. I am not saying any of this is necessarily the case here. Only that I could envision a scenario where after the act's performed upon an older victim the ante is suddenly raised, the stakes become too high--and a formerly unapprehended SO finally graduates to child murder. JMO

:parrot:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab