Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>
This makes me more inclined to think that it's possible she had plans to go someplace else and was using the trip to Poland as a cover for wherever she actually planned to go.
Going to someplace else, with a kid, and keeping it all secret? Sounds too complicated to me. I can come up with a more parsimonious scenario.

The fact that she never mentioned the trip to DK means it was a painful topic for her, with or without her husband being around. Was there a disagreement with her husband who didn't want her to go? Did she get a word that she's being laid off, so she realized she can't afford this trip? Something along those lines...

Maybe she was planning to go someplace else without her kid. Although it still doesn't make sense really, just throwing around ideas...

For one, if the Poland trip was a cover, why not extend that cover to coworkers? So that makes it make less sense as a cover.

All the posts I saw mentioned that she was well respected at her job and that she wouldn't have had any problems being late on the day she was supposed to return to work, so it seems like she wasn't being laid off.

Running away from her husband is very possible. Leaving the kid when depressed is also possible. Staying away for so long undiscovered without credit card trace is not possible. Were there any large bank withdrawals from her/combined accounts before she disappeared?

No way! That's a weird behavior right there. Going to Trenton is an easy ride. If Anna could back into a parking space, she could definitely get herself and the kid to Trenton. Like any couple with a young child they had to value their time. He could untrash that condo while she was in Trenton. Unless... he was jealous about anyone she might have been friendly with from the Polish community.
What else is known about the husband? Their relationship? Any leads into that Polish community? I can try to converse with them in their native tongue.

There appears to be at least two Polish schools in Trenton: 1) One in St Hedwig Roman Catholic Church and 2) Ogniwo Polish Learning Center (http://ogniwopl.com)

Maybe she was planning to go someplace else without her kid. Although it still doesn't make sense really, just throwing around ideas...

For one, if the Poland trip was a cover, why not extend that cover to coworkers? So that makes it make less sense as a cover.

All the posts I saw mentioned that she was well respected at her job and that she wouldn't have had any problems being late on the day she was supposed to return to work, so it seems like she wasn't being laid off.
Im going to respectfully disagree about being laid off.

Lets just say company A was going to let someone go, and that someone got in a car accident before being told. If company A still released that person, they would look bad and probably get sued, for it would appear the car accident was the cause, no matter what anyone said. Plus, it would just be in poor taste. I absolutely feel that if Anna was being let go, under the circumstances the company would halt all activity n that until a future date.

Also, both she and her husband are actuary's. Based on what I know, that is a very profitable profession and I don't believe they could not afford plane tickets, even if she was being let go. Plus, I firmly believe she would have been honest with her mom if she was being laid off or couldn't afford the tickets. JMO

Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting she was being laid off for performance issues. In fact, just the opposite: more than once I've seen the best people being fired from that office.
In fact, that happens everywhere. Politics and money both deliver innocent "casualties of war" in the workplace. I have been the recipient of it, and watched amazing coworkers be victimized by it as well. It's very unfortunate. :(

Im going to respectfully disagree about being laid off.

Lets just say company A was going to let someone go, and that someone got in a car accident before being told. If company A still released that person, they would look bad and probably get sued, for it would appear the car accident was the cause, no matter what anyone said. Plus, it would just be in poor taste. I absolutely feel that if Anna was being let go, under the circumstances the company would halt all activity n that until a future date.

Also, both she and her husband are actuary's. Based on what I know, that is a very profitable profession and I don't believe they could not afford plane tickets, even if she was being let go. Plus, I firmly believe she would have been honest with her mom if she was being laid off or couldn't afford the tickets. JMO

I think you are agreeing with me? :) I don't think she was being laid off, but perhaps one of these posters who seems to know more can clarify on that point

I've been reading this thread since the beginning but did not comment, because I didn't have anything to contribute. While I don't think she is missing voluntarily, I can't help but wonder about one certain situation.

I'm from Europe and have very little knowledge about how health care and hospitals in the US work, so it may not be relevant at all, but patients here actually have the right to ask the hospital to keep their stay secret. I'm not talking about expensive private institutions but normal state hospitals. Patients do not even have to give a reason for it, just ask for it. People coming in for alcohol withdrawal treatment do this frequently. I've also seen it in some bariatric surgery cases as well. Like if someone calls the hospital about you, they receive the answer "we do not have any patient with this name". I don't know how this policy changes with police involvement though - there are situations where withholding information from LE is considered legal, so I can't tell, really.

Does this all make sense to you US people? Is this a thing in America? Could it be that she is receiving treatment somewhere and the hospital is withholding information on her own behalf, even from LE? Or LE would have already found out if this was the case? I am really curious about it because this is the only scenario I can think of in which she could still be well and unharmed.

Theactuary (and anyone else who knows), can you please post links to her social media accounts so we can chase some rabbits and learn some new things about Anna's situation?
This is the only account I know of, but there's nothing there, it's practically empty:
https://m.facebook.com/anna.maciejewska.7902

Sorry, I'm not a user of social media myself, so don't know about any other accounts

In fact, that happens everywhere. Politics and money both deliver innocent "casualties of war" in the workplace. I have been the recipient of it, and watched amazing coworkers be victimized by it as well. It's very unfortunate. :(

Ditto....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there are health care confidentiality laws here (HIPAA). No information can be released to anyone, even family, without the patient's permission.

Yes, there are health care confidentiality laws here (HIPAA). No information can be released to anyone, even family, without the patient's permission.

True. But I can't think of any kind of inpatient treatment that would keep someone under wraps for more than 90 days. Mental health and addiction coverage is limited. She's been gone too long....

Medical information can be released to Law Enforcement, but no information can be released to an individual or family member without patient consent.
---------------
When does the Privacy Rule allow covered entities to disclose protected health information to law enforcement officials?

Answer: To respond to a request for PHI for purposes of identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person; but the covered entity must limit disclosures of PHI to name and address, date and place of birth, social security number, ABO blood type and rh factor, type of injury, date and time of treatment, date and time of death, and a description of distinguishing physical characteristics. Other information related to the individual’s DNA, dental records, body fluid or tissue typing, samples, or analysis cannot be disclosed under this provision, but may be disclosed in response to a court order, warrant, or written administrative request (45 CFR 164.512(f)(2)).

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-profe...close-to-law-enforcement-officials/index.html

Take a look at the number of views this thread has received!There's a great deal of interest in this case, and, more often than not, there are 2 - 5 guests viewing.

To those visitors, please consider becoming a member so that you can join us to question, offer your thoughts/ideas/support in finding Anna (or any of the other many, many missing persons in this world for that matter).

Is it possible that Anna took the second week off from work sick because she was afraid to face someone? Is it possible she was being threatened?

A week off for a trip that never happened, a second week off "sick" and then dropped off the face of the earth. Nope..this sets off all sorts of alarm bells. Being home for two weeks and going out to dinner in public seems to steer me more towards work than home.

In this scenario, she would be left with two choices, not go back (quit or the obvious) or go back and face one or more individuals there was an issue with. What would make an individual so frightened that they would leave a spouse and child behind to avoid going back to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa