GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #2

Looks like Delvin's family was afraid of him, hence the silence...

“Delvin is a monster. He always has been a monster. I’ve always been scared of him … and I’m (upset) his family has tried to cover this whole thing up,” a family member told Eyewitness News’ Investigative Reporter, Charlotte Huffman on Thursday….
… “His sister called me a week ago and told me he did something in Virginia. So I assumed he’d come here because he has connections here. I told everyone to stay away from him,” said Lamar.
… “My brother called my mother and said, ‘Delvin has done something else,’” said Lamar.
After seeing the surveillance video of Freeland-Gaither’s abduction, “I knew that was him,” said Lamar.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...gXL9_E_hhVhkY_Bj8GDu27A&bvm=bv.79184187,d.aWw

BBM I wonder what this means...... like quiet THIS incident as if it's not a big deal or past incidents that we have never heard of .

Who is Delvin's "baby mama?" Is it ex-wife? FaceBook girl? Someone else? He's only been out of incarceration since late 2013. How did he have time to make babies?

From the best friend article above:
"...Davis explained how Barnes was struggling to make ends meet and was living in a hotel.

“He didn’t have money for gas because he just lost his place. His baby mama just loss her car. So he has to commute to work and then back and forth with her dealing with the kids,” Davis said.

I think it is FB girl based on her post about "someone losing their job" (paraphrased to the max)

Why didn't any of them turn him in?

I thought I had read in an article that more than one family member had called in and I.D'ed him. I will try and find it later but I am off to the hospital to see my friends.

I think it is FB girl based on her post about "someone losing their job" (paraphrased to the max)

Okay. So there are two or more "baby mamas." This may mean he has a newborn with FB girl...and maybe older children with her since they go back to a 2000-2001 crime spree together; and at least one child with ex-wife. Wonder how he explained his absences to them, when he needed 2-3 days away for random abductions.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/11/06/suspect-in-philly-abduction-now-linked-to-va-case/
Lots of details on both cases but nowhere have I seen where in Richmond, which neighborhood, he attacked and abducted the 16 yo. It's odd because her family contacted Charles City LE on Oct 1 but everything points to her being taken off the street in Richmond proper. It really seems like these are targeted/retaliation attacks. JMO.

When you come from Charles city you come out on the the east end Richmond/Henrico line. I think a airport is near it. A lot Charles city and Henrico is called Richmond. unless your very deep into the counties.

You can take the highway to enter Richmond from CC. I think you still be(enter) in from the east end of town. Btw I did check to see if this young woman was mention. I heard about it, but I didn't see a said thread here for her. I was thinking it was my own ill searching habits.. But I think a healthy thread should be up for her to discuss her and this guy. Hopefully one is soon

Okay. So there are two or more "baby mamas." This may mean he has a newborn with FB girl...and maybe older children with her since they go back to a 2000-2001 crime spree together; and at least one child with ex-wife. Wonder how he explained his absences to them, when he needed 2-3 days away for random abductions.

No explanation needed. Who wouldn't be thrilled that he was gone for a while? He is a dangerous sadistic violent creep! They were probably hoping for those babies' sake that he would stay gone forever!
MOO

BBM I wonder what this means...... like quiet THIS incident as if it's not a big deal or past incidents that we have never heard of .

“Delvin is a monster. He always has been a monster. I’ve always been scared of him … and I’m (upset) his family has tried to cover this whole thing up,” a family member told Eyewitness News’ Investigative Reporter, Charlotte Huffman on Thursday….
… “My brother called my mother and said, ‘Delvin has done something else,’” said Lamar.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...79184187,d.aWw

SCHMAE ...from this article and other indicators, it looks like the family may have a long pattern of dealing with Delvin's ongoing serious mental illness/predatory violence/anti-social behavior by 1)trying to shape him up (military, work at father's business), 2)forgiveness, 3) denial of the gravity of his transgressions, and 4) moving on far too quickly. And 5) most of all, never SNITCHING. This may have worked for the Barnes family during Delvin's early childhood (notice relative above says DB has ALWAYS been a monster). However, it seems Delvin only got worse, and the family never approached him any differently from when they did when he was a child...fixing him, protecting him and covering up for him, loving him back to health and sanity. Just MOO

Has anything come to light about why, if he was out on parole after his prison stint that ended in 2013, they dropped the bomb threat charge? Wouldn't a charge like that be enough to have him violated on the parole?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...79184187,d.aWw

SCHMAE ...from this article and other indicators, it looks like the family may have a long pattern of dealing with Delvin's ongoing serious mental illness/predatory violence/anti-social behavior by 1)trying to shape him up (military, work at father's business), 2)forgiveness, 3) denial of the gravity of his transgressions, and 4) moving on far too quickly. And 5) most of all, never SNITCHING. This may have worked for the Barnes family during Delvin's early childhood (notice relative above says DB has ALWAYS been a monster). However, it seems Delvin only got worse, and the family never approached him any differently from when they did when he was a child...fixing him, protecting him and covering up for him, loving him back to health and sanity. Just MOO

I understand why you're going down this path, but the comment from Lamar (Uncle) was not as specific as you are getting with the above.

The bottom line is, Delvin's parents are not responsible for his actions. You don't know the path they have walked with him, and I think they should be off limits in terms of blame.

I hope you're not offended, just voicing an alternative opinion.

Sometimes monsters aren't created, they just are.

I just think if he had killed anyone prior he would have been so sloppy he would have been caught. He seems careless and brazen, but not smart enough to cover up any huge crimes. I hope I'm right on that atleast, but it wouldn't be the first time I have been wrong either!

Not necessarily, a lot of serial killers get sloppy after a while because they become certain that they can't be caught. That's where the myth of "serial killers want to be caught" came from. Some might, but most just start to feel invincible after a while, or just don't get the same thrill from murder unless they're actually risking getting caught.

Prolific serial killers who go undetected for long periods of time may begin to take shortcuts and become reckless or even careless in their work. A classic example of a veteran serial killer who became sloppy is Joel Rifkin, the most prolific serial killer of all time in the state of New York, who murdered seventeen prostitutes in the early 1990s.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201409/serial-killer-myth-4-they-want-get-caught

Not saying this guy is a serial killer, but he's definitely a serial offender and a violent one, so he probably shares some traits/thought processes.

Not necessarily, a lot of serial killers get sloppy after a while because they become certain that they can't be caught. That's where the myth of "serial killers want to be caught" came from. Some might, but most just start to feel invincible after a while, or just don't get the same thrill from murder unless they're actually risking getting caught.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201409/serial-killer-myth-4-they-want-get-caught

Not saying this guy is a serial killer, but he's definitely a serial offender and a violent one, so he probably shares some traits/thought processes.

Yes, I think he has maybe killed and raped/kidnapped before, I really want to Le to find those kidnapping photo of the other females he most likely raped. I think they should to get warrant for his parent homes and seize it ans search it.. Its sad for them to lose a home for awhile and maybe out right. At the same time none knows his spree or how many victims he has had..

Its shocking to finding out he was working up near Midlothian Turnpike.. A grade school is about 4 blocks from where he worked. I think Virginia is looking really bad right now. This about 3-4 serial killer or spree killer caught in 3 year period arrested . Its like a bad dream right now. Never in my time have I seen this maybe n Seattle Wa, but never in Virginia.

The mother of the 16 year old that Barnes raped, tortured and burned was just interviewed on HLN. Interesting....Captain Jayson Crawley with Charles City County LE, who brought Barnes back to Virginia: he graduated from Charles City High School with Barnes. LE said that they are investigating other missing girls AND are investigating the photos that he showed the 16 year old victim. Apparently, LE is on top of all of the possibilities that he has harmed many others. Sadly, the 16 year old victim's mother said that her daughter "did not look like herself", which speaks to the extend of the chemical burns on her skin. Monster.

Here comes a blanket statement :) ........about myself.
I grew up under the watchful eye of a stern preacher. The southern Baptists were too secular for him and always were all going to hell for being sinners. Current day , 3 of his 4 children suffer mental problems, 2 of those 3 very severe, life altering. About half of his grandkids do as well although not as severe. Remember they are one generation removed . I am a nurture, not as much as nature type of person. I don't believe it's in our DNA. I believe its' in our environment and upbringing. So that is a little story about myself that has nothing to do with any other person on this forum, real or fictional ;)

I grew up under the watchful eye of a stern preacher. The southern Baptists were too secular for him and always were all going to hell for being sinners. Current day , 3 of his 4 children suffer mental problems, 2 of those 3 very severe, life altering. About half of his grandkids do as well although not as severe. Remember they are one generation removed . I am a nurture, not as much as nature type of person. I don't believe it's in our DNA. I believe its' in our environment and upbringing. So that is a little story about myself that has nothing to do with any other person on this forum, real or fictional ;)

I also grew up in a very religious Penecostal home. Both of my parents are preachers, along with a host of other family members that are pastors, missionaries, and a bishop. I have 3 siblings and although we have issues, nothing severe, or remotely along these lines. We are all hardworking citizens, never been to jail except for a suspended license. So it really baffles me how DB came out so bad after coming from such a religious background.

I think that it's a mix of nature/nurture. I notice within the same family, siblings will have a wide range of outcomes. One sibling might become a nurse or a fireman with a stable family of their own, while another becomes an addict or a thief or a murderer. Same parents, different outcomes. It's not all due to the parenting, it's also the personalities of their offspring (and brain chemistry, in the case of mental illness). One personality type might respond well to rules and structure, while another personality type might rebel against it, for example.

Thanks for sharing SCHMAE!
There is no doubt that nurture has a significant impact. My personal belief is that it is a combination of nature and nurture. I believe that some people are born with "different" brains. That's not an excuse, just an observation. Otherwise how do we explain the wide difference in certain families? How do we explain those individuals who grew up in a "normal" loving family but turn out to have no empathy? Their parents notice the lack of empathy in their child at a young age, and even if they seek help there really isn't much they can do about it.

Of course, an abused child (nurture) will have difficulty if they haven't been show "normal loving behavior".

Hats off to all of my fellow WSers for sharing their experiences.

The mother of the 16 year old that Barnes raped, tortured and burned was just interviewed on HLN. Interesting....Captain Jayson Crawley with Charles City County LE, who brought Barnes back to Virginia: he graduated from Charles City High School with Barnes. LE said that they are investigating other missing girls AND are investigating the photos that he showed the 16 year old victim. Apparently, LE is on top of all of the possibilities that he has harmed many others. Sadly, the 16 year old victim's mother said that her daughter "did not look like herself", which speaks to the extend of the chemical burns on her skin. Monster.

It really hurt my heart to hear that. he took his personal pain out on others who had nothing to do with how it occurred in his life beyond being a woman. To me he is not a , a has some kind of reasoning and line dawn in the sand with certain things. ,He is lowest form of man he is a "coward".

I read his uncle statement he was being "played &used" by women. Its common a lot of abuse cases happen in such nature. Im not going to blame his parents and etc.. Its not the right route to take in this matter. He is a 37 year old man nothing more than can do for him. He found his outlet for therapy and it was raping and brutal aggression. he is a coward just like JM and rat, I really do think the Fathers of these young women or family other wise., would shoot/beat them dead but thing is they have card of other missing in the deck.. It wouldn't be fair to the other families.

. I don't know the proper word to use here. There none I can use to express my sadness for this young woman of 16 yrs old, not only has he wrecked her mentality but deeply a lot of life changing ways. It just breaks my heart.

It really hurt my heart to hear that. he took his personal pain out on others who had nothing to do with how it occurred in his life beyond being a woman. To me he is not a , a has some kind of reasoning and line dawn in the sand with certain things. ,He is lowest form of man he is a "coward".

I read his uncle statement he was being "played &used" by women. Its common a lot of abuse cases happen in such nature. Im not going to blame his parents and etc.. Its not the right route to take in this matter. He is a 37 year old man nothing more than can do for him. He found his outlet for therapy and it was raping and brutal aggression. he is a coward just like JM and rat, I really do think the Fathers of these young women or family other wise., would shoot/beat them dead but thing is they have card of other missing in the deck.. It wouldn't be fair to the other families.

. I don't know the proper word to use here. There none I can use to express my sadness for this young woman of 16 yrs old, not only has he wrecked her mentality but deeply a lot of life changing ways. It just breaks my heart.

For a 16 yr old to be raped, doused in bleach and set on fire is beyond comprehension. I cannot imagine the pain and grief and terror that she lives with to this day. He deserves the DP for that once case alone, imo. :cow:

Can anyone make out what he (Delvin Barnes) says to the reporter? Second video on the page

Video: Abduction Suspect Delvin Barnes Transferred to Virginia Jail

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...uction-suspect-delvin-barnes-fry-hell-n243631

I think he says to "take that stuff home... Take them cameras home"

ETA more details of what I think I hear:

"Take this stuff, go home"

Anything to say to the people of central Virginia?

"Only to take this s*** home, that's it, tell em that"

To the families:

"The families... Take their cameras home. Take their ?? (bull***??) home. How bout that"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back