PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not read that the mom doesn't know where the dog is, simply that it was given away. But you are right. You would think the cops would know exactly where the dog is...who she gave it too and when.
Maybe Animal Control took the dog. I'm sure if the children were hung like that,the dog was abused too.
MOO

From the same link, indicating that I think the police are thinking in the same lines (BBM):

I mean, it's no surprise on one level I guess, as 8 year olds generally don't kill themselves and feel the need to take younger siblings with them; but it's somewhat reassuring to see in black and white that it is being investigated as a homicide, because it implies a certain sort of intelligence on the part of the police, as well as bravery (isn't the mantra of a detective, "Never assume!"?). We all know there are some police departments where the rules, prevailing culture, and/or corruption, would lead otherwise presumably sentient police reps saying "We have not ruled out a suicide pact at this point", or something similarly dumb.
Wow another stellar job by Child protective services.
MOO

This is just conjecture, but could it be that the police are trying to determine whether or not the lead was an appropriate length and strength for a dog of that size? If it turns out to have been a lead better suited to a much bigger dog then I guess it could open the door to questions...like, if the dog was only 50 lbs, why would the family have purchased a lead that could restrain a dog that weighed 100 lbs.? If I were investigating, I might begin to suspect that the heavier-duty lead had been purchased with other intentions in mind.

IMO/MOO
I think you're really onto something here.

My first thought on this thread is that this was a method of punishment for the children. Maybe they were forced to stand on these chairs with the fear of falling to a death by hanging until the punisher decided to let them down. This is still my thought. I just can't see where the children would be able to hang themselves with the lead thrown over a ceiling beam. JMO

Do you know that the 17-year-old was at home, or had been at the home during the afternoon? Wouldn't he have been at school that day, and what time would/did he get home?
His whereabouts have not been disclosed. The mom found the kids at 4:15. They could not have been hanging long because they were revived in the ambulance. The paramedics arrived at 4:30.

I'd like to know if the mom was employed and what made her venture into the basement.

My first thought on this thread is that this was a method of punishment for the children. Maybe they were forced to stand on these chairs with the fear of falling to a death by hanging until the punisher decided to let them down. This is still my thought. I just can't see where the children would be able to hang themselves with the lead thrown over a ceiling beam. JMO
I agree that the kids didn't do this themselves. Your idea of it being punishment is very interesting!

LE would know that. The mom told cops she gave the dog away after the kids' deaths.
I realize that now. So just exactly who did she give the dog away to??? Have any neighbors witnessed the dog chained up outside??? Was there evidence of a dog being chained up,on said chain ie dog fur, skin, saliva, or grass stains, mud,or dirt????

Officials said the two were receiving general protective services from welfare officials.
Well they had one job. Protecting Children. Now these children are dead. Are they in the child protection services,or not????
MOO
"According to CBS 21, the family was not receiving Child and Youth Services at the time of Connor's and Brinley's death. However, the individuals were known to Berks County Children and Youth Services, although it is not clear in what circumstances."

Siblings, aged 8 and 4, found hanged in basement of Pennsylvania home

from link in #2:

Conner and Brinley Snyder were found hanging from opposite ends of a plastic-coated chain that had been thrown over the main support beam of the basement ceiling, with each end of the wire wrapped around the victims' necks, according to an affidavit in support of a search warrant for the home. There were two chairs tipped over on the floor beneath the bodies, according to court papers.

This is a strange question, but ...
The boy looks much heavier than the girl, so if they were found hanging on opposite ends of a chain that was over a support beam, when the chairs were removed, wouldn't the boy be standing on the ground while the girl was pulled to the ceiling? I'm having difficulty understanding this picture.

Maybe the chain was wrapped around the beam a few times and that's why they were both hanging? Was the 8 year old tall enough to wrap the chain around a ceiling beam a few times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419