Identified! PA - Delaware Co, Ridley Creek State Park, WhtFem 25-45, UP14642, rings w/initials, Jan'16 - Name Withheld

Whether the rings belonged to the victim is really important to this case. Even if the victim was estranged from family for years, I would think the family would have a sense if the rings belonged to her.

Whether the rings belonged to the victim is really important to this case. Even if the victim was estranged from family for years, I would think the family would have a sense if the rings belonged to her.
I agree. Next to knowing her name, for me, I'm curious about the initials on the ring, since we've had numerous discussions about them over the years. But if they turned out to be her initials, I can see why they wouldn't release that information, as it most likely would lead to us discovering her name.

Harrisburg, PA – Today, Governor Josh Shapiro presented the Governor’s Awards for Excellence to 54 Commonwealth employees from eight state agencies and thanked all state employees for their dedication to public service.

----------------------------------------------------------
Criminal Investigation Assessment Unit – Pennsylvania State Police
Jeffrey Baney, Teddi Hesser, Amy Kreiger, and Todd McCurdy

For being the national model for a “cold case” unit and bringing resolution to unsolved homicides in Pennsylvania. This team initiated a cost-saving alternative for their personnel to conduct in-house forensic genetic genealogy research. Soon after being certified, the team quickly identified a deceased Jane Doe from 2016, bringing closure to the victim’s family. Five long term unsolved homicide cases were also successfully cleared by their efforts.

The Philadelphia case is witheld due to active investigations and probably sensitive information ive heard (I guess crime/drug related).
Not sure if there is a law that names have to be released if there is no investigation. I guess it is up to the family and LE.
There is no law.
If and when someone is charged with her murder, her name would likely become public record. That is because the charges would state the name of the defendant and victim.

Other than that, there is no obligation.

Long time lurker, first time poster. She is still listed in Namus. Anyone know/can speculate on the reason for that?
I have absolutely no idea if this is the case, this is speculation only, but I'm wondering if they have her still listed on NamUs so that, in the event they find skeletal remains in the area that they believe could belong to her, they could compare them to her stats in CODIS?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back