60872276d613e.image.jpg

• last seen in the area of Sixth and Court streets
  • not known if she is still in the Reading area
  • white
  • brown hair / brown eyes
  • 5’ 3"/ 115 pounds
  • contact the Reading Police Department @ 610-655-6116
FB page - Heather Karner

Heather disappeared just one day after this arrest. Her b/f posted more about this on her FB page.

ARREST: Karner, Heather - 1 Count Harassment and 1 additional charge

ed1f621c-57b7-4175-8a42-661975d0b131.0.jpg

KARNER, HEATHER - 1 COUNT HARASSMENT AND 1 ADDITIONAL CHARGE

On 3/11/2021 Douglass Twp. Police was dispatched to Woodside Ln. for a physical domestic involving a male and a female. Dispatched reported that both parties were under the influence of alcohol and that the female had struck the male with an unknown item causing him to bleed. A Douglass Twp. officer responded to the scene and was assisted by three officers from Eastern Berks Regional Police. An investigation was conducted by the on scene officers resulting in the arrest of the female involved. Medical attention was provided for the male who had to be transported to the hospital for deep lacerations to the extremities. The Female was charged with Assault, Harassment, and disorderly conduct. She is awaiting trial and is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Arrest Date: Thursday, March 11, 2021 - 11:45pm
Reference ID: 21-574
Charges: 1 Count Harassment (1 ) count each; 1 count Simple Assault (M3) and Disorderly Conduct
Incident Type: Assault - Other
Source: Douglass Township Police Department

OK on the site justanswer.com which is a lawyer site the boyfriend posed a question. Well more a statement. He says his GF was arrested on a domestic charge. Released on unsecured bail and he can't find her.

He believes he is being followed by women's rights activists and they have her. He also says someone is coming into his place, and he is the only one with keys.

Sorry I can't link from here. I just googled Heather's name and word Boyertown.

Says she missed hearing and he wants to drop charges.

What?

Lots of scenario's here:
  • Staying with a friend
  • Housed by a victims support group
  • Housed by a religious group
  • In Rehab
Reading is rife with gang and drug activity. Stark difference between Reading and the surrounding communities like Reiffton.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I just pulled up her case he keeps talking about on Case Search. This is the Docket Number: MJ-23302-CR-0000051-2021
At least with this case (3/11/2021) she doesn't have a bench warrant nor is there a no contact order, it would be listed Docket Entry Information in the Docket Sheet... <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip- quoted post removed>

I hope so. For a missing person she sure isn't getting the media coverage she deserves. It has only been covered on the news that I have seen a few times. There were no community searches. Her family has not come forward. Just his crazy fb posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
She could be in a medical facility. But it's been 3 months you would think she would have reached out to someone just to say she was safe. I'm sure the a facility would encourage her to reach out to some one or LE just to say she was safe since she is considered missing.

Yeah, I've been on the fence about bf's behavior since I posted Heather's thread. In one way I feel as though he's her advocate, thereby considered a victim here at WS. Especially considering there aren't many others I can find who are using SM to search for Heather. OTOH I am skeptical of him b/c of the DV incident prior to Heather disappearing. Although, to be fair, he appears to have been the alleged victim in that incident given Heather's arrest and the subsequent protection order against her. I'll tread carefully throwing shade at him b/c truthfully, if he were a woman, I probably wouldn't be questioning her behavior. JMO

Really strange case. Being somewhat local, the lack of her being posted on the police FB page (City of Reading and West Reading, that I could find) as missing and the lack of media coverage tells me LE knows where she is. Generally LE will post something, even if they could not be bothered to go search.

There's a 'Found Safe' update at the head of this post by Attempt to Locate - no idea when that was done though.

I don't know if they based it on this info, but if you look at her FB there's a June 27, 2021 post saying that it's her, she's OK and thanks for everyone's concern. But I can't find anything else and so can't confirm she actually made that comment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back