GUILTY PA - Kelley Snyder, 34, Renovo, 5 April 2015

I'm obviously not saying this clearly at all. Sorry. :(

Say, you have 100 men who report their wives missing in a city, over a period of a year. (I'm making up numbers here). 50 of those wives will return during the initial process when the cop has just arrived - ran out of gas, whatever. Another 25 will be found quickly, having left on purpose. Another 15 will have had an accident or seizure, heart attack, something, and will be located in a hospital within the next few hours.
5% have been murdered by a stranger, or their car ran off the road into a lake, who knows, they will never be found. The remaining 5% were already murdered by their husbands before the husband reported them missing.

Those numbers are just guesses, but they illustrate 5% of husbands who report their wives missing have already killed them.

In the other case, you are talking about the pool of men who kill their wives and then call and report them missing. Say, in a city you have 20 men within a year who kill their wives. My guess is, maybe 10 of those men will initially call and report their wives missing to LE.

So. You've got two population pools. One is a pool of men who report their wives missing.

In the second case, it's the pool of men who kill their wives.

Sorry. I'm a statistics wonk. ;D

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/04/husband_admits_dumping_wifes_b.html

Reddit

RENOVO - The husband of a Renovo woman reported missing since Easter Sunday has admitted disposing of the body in a remote area of Clinton County and fabricating a ransom note.

kelley-snyder2.jpg

Kelley Jo Snyder

Submitted photo

William Snyder

William J. "B.J." Snyder

Clinton County Correctional Facility

That information is contained in a state police affidavit in support of charges of abuse of corpse and tampering with evidence on which William J. Snyder was arraigned Saturday night.

The affidavit alleges Snyder, who goes by B.J., admitted taking the body of Kelley Jo Snyder from their home in the 200 block of Fourth Street to a remote area south of South Renovo before he reported her missing.

It's so sad, what a creep.

This should be moved to the located thread. Now that we have confirmation

BJ Snyder wanted low bail so he could be with his children. Why would anyone want a murderer to be with children? I know he hasn't been convicted or even charged with murder yet but I think the children are better off without him. I wouldn't consider the children safe with him. And why would children want to be with someone who disposed of their mother?

This is so sad...bj older son ( even if not biological he called him dad ) seemed to be very close to him...

Well I don't know how old her son is but I read early on family member said her son went with bio dad!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391
Back