Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes LE gets really quiet, like the calm before the storm.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure LE has a good idea of what's going on by now and hopefully they even have some video. Crossing my fingers that one of the parties just got pissed and decided to hide King although that would be the stupidest move ever. I'm still worried that he's been harmed. :(

<modsnip> ... I did notice that the woman mentioned June 22. I didn't hear her say anything about why she named that particular date, she just said something like why didn't the mother think King was missing on June 22. It probably means nothing. IOW I get her overall point, I'm just curious about her using June 22. She was so over the top that I missed a lot; maybe she just picked that date as a random example. MOO.
I'm wondering if she said June 22nd because that was the day the stepfather dropped King off with the babysitter. I think he was supposed to be with him for about a month so it's still not clear why they "allegedly" dropped him off a couple of weeks early.

She is probably trying to make it sound like the mom was aware that he was with the babysitter.

Either that or that's what she told her.

Imo

I'm wondering if she said June 22nd because that was the day the stepfather dropped King off with the babysitter. I think he was supposed to be with him for about a month so it's still not clear why they "allegedly" dropped him off a couple of weeks early.

I suspect that was thrown out because maybe that was the last time a sitter family member claimed they saw King with sitter. MOO

She is probably trying to make it sound like the mom was aware that he was with the babysitter.

Either that or that's what she told her.

Imo
No idea. I tried looking Friday and yesterday as silence became deafening. Seems Philly might care more about the privacy/ rights of the accused than other areas. City Gov site I saw required first, last, dob. Also depends on jurisdiction I suppose.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure LE has a good idea of what's going on by now and hopefully they even have some video. Crossing my fingers that one of the parties just got pissed and decided to hide King although that would be the stupidest move ever. I'm still worried that he's been harmed. :(
I think you may be right to worry. At this point I would think LE would have found him by now if he were being hidden.

The police chief said something like they have put more resources into this case than any other in the last 40 years.

It's been quiet. They must be very busy behind the scenes.

They haven't updated the media in many days. They aren't asking the public for help and showing his picture on the news every chance they get. We haven't heard anything about searches since the first week.

Something is going on and it's probably not good.

No idea. I tried looking Friday and yesterday as silence became deafening. Seems Philly might care more about the privacy/ rights of the accused than other areas. City Gov site I saw required first, last, dob. Also depends on jurisdiction I suppose.
I hear ya. And I do get it - to a certain extent - that LE owes the public nothing in terms of where the investigation is at any point. Some states are a bit more transparent, like Florida, while others are not. In King's case it's not like LE is searching for a particular car or specific suspect so yeah, I can see where they'll continue to investigate until they have enough information and evidence to name and/or arrest a suspect.

At the same time however, IMO LE should be aware that social media will continue to spin, including liars who will start rumors for whatever reason fulfills their personal need to troll and as a result it may hamper people coming forward with legitimate tips. It's a new frontier out there and LE in all states need to move along with the times. MOO.

I suspect - and this is only my own take - that LE currently has no vested interest in protecting any of the parties involved and that may be one reason why they are not releasing more information to the public. MOO.

Last edited:
JMO but since the stepfather appeared to be totally ignorant as to where King was and he had to call the mom to ask, and that the mother didn't know anything about the babysitter dropping King off and the fact that King was reportedly suppose to have been dropped off much later in the month, I'll say that the babysitter knows exactly what happened to King and exactly where he is. JMO.

I hope the social media rumours are wrong. I’m also deeply regretting dipping a toe into discussion groups because dear lord what an actual mess. I don’t pretend to know which stories are correct but what I have seen is that way too many people use the brief attention from tragic cases like this as their big moment in the spotlight. Not just those connected to the story either, just total randoms. This is why I should stick to carefully filtered Twitter/news and Websleuths. Argh.

Also from what I read, I believe Aaron Baskerville NBC10 reporter has info and is trying to get official confirmation so that he can share. Maybe one to watch.

Last edited:
I hope the social media rumours are wrong. I’m also deeply regretting dipping a toe into discussion groups because dear lord what an actual mess. I don’t pretend to know which stories are correct but what I have seen is that way too many people use the brief attention from tragic cases like this as their big moment in the spotlight. Not just those connected to the story either, just total randoms. This is why I should stick to carefully filtered Twitter/news and Websleuths. Argh.

Also from what I read, I believe Aaron Baskerville NBC10 reporter has info and is trying to get official confirmation so that he can share. Maybe one to watch.
Thanks for the heads up on the reporter! And yeah, people on social media are... well, let's just say often looking for their 15 minutes. Sometimes sm is right on and other times it's a cluster . One reason why I like Websleuths.

Could be, although LE said the last time he was seen was July 4th. (By someone other than the babysitter who claimed she dropped him off on the 7th)
Yeah but that was mentioned at the July 9th press conference as an unconfirmed neighbor sighting and again at the July 13th press conference it was still unconfirmed.

And fwiw that 2nd press conference is where the police captain emphasized that King had not been seen for “at LEAST, at least a week, at least a week”. The meaning of that really struck me at the time. I expect we will soon learn more.

I’m glad to hear that. He was out there sweating with the community on their search/walk through the park Monday. He put his sweat and time into the case. Extra sweat and time.

ETA: Apparently Gray Hughes covered some of the SM posts tonight ... I didn’t watch but I saw it flash up around the 1:29 mark.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member