Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's the red haired woman from the Gray Hughes video I'm not surprised.

She accused the mom of knowing "exactly where king was" and insulted her character. She went on about how her own family were the ones who loved and cared for "that baby."

Meanwhile King's grandmother said she wishes nothing bad for the killer and her daughter wasn't critical of them either, other than saying the babysitter lied about bringing him back.

I don't know how the perpetrator thought she would get away with this.

And why? Why kill him? Was it with intent? Premeditated? I guess we'll have to wait and see what the charges are.
Do we know how old the babysitter is?

Officially she has not been named.
Unofficially, quite young but not a minor in any legal sense in the US.
One of my early thoughts for why she was not named was that she was a minor. But family member accounts contradicted that.
Thank you! That’s exactly where my thoughts went, as well. You cleared it up for me!

I found the Grandmother's statement to be rather classy. I always have a lot of respect for family members who are able to make statements such as these. It has to be very hard and must take a lot of restraint to not let the raw emotions of hurt and anger do all the speaking for you. I couldnt do it.

From the article:
Missing 2-Year-Old King Hill Killed, Family Confirms

Kimberly Hill (King's Grandmother) said:
I'll just pray for her. I dont wish nothing bad on her, I dont wish nothing bad on nobody because that's not going to bring my grandson back. But I dont want nothing to happen to her. I leave it to God. God will handle her.

I found the Grandmother's statement to be rather classy. I always have a lot of respect for family members who are able to make statements such as these. It has to be very hard and must take a lot of restraint to not let the raw emotions of hurt and anger do all the speaking for you. I couldnt do it.

From the article:
Missing 2-Year-Old King Hill Killed, Family Confirms

Quote:
I'll just pray for her. I dont wish nothing bad on her, I dont wish nothing bad on nobody because that's not going to bring my grandson back. But I dont want nothing to happen to her. I leave it to God. God will handle her.

I could not have said this, even if someone else did the talking for me. She has much more class that I would ever have.

RIP little buddy. We were all hoping & praying you would make it home alive :(

On another note, the article mentioned that they dont know where his body is; that it may never be recovered.

Any speculations on why that may be? Suspect is talking to the point of admitting he is dead but wont tell where? Why? No lawyer? No good deals on the table?

The article said that "detectives confirmed Sunday that her son was killed and that THEY BELIEVE they know who is responsible."

Believe they know? So did someone NOT confess and this was based on physical evidence or phone data? Someone else talked?

Any ideas on what may be going on?

On another note, the article mentioned that they dont know where his body is; that it may never be recovered.

Any speculations on why that may be? Suspect is talking to the point of admitting he is dead but wont tell where? Why? No lawyer? No good deals on the table?

The article said that "detectives confirmed Sunday that her son was killed and that THEY BELIEVE they know who is responsible."

Believe they know? So did someone NOT confess and this was based on physical evidence or phone data? Someone else talked?

Any ideas on what may be going on?
Good questions. I wonder if maybe they think he could be in a landfill? ;)

Yeah but that was mentioned at the July 9th press conference as an unconfirmed neighbor sighting and again at the July 13th press conference it was still unconfirmed.

And fwiw that 2nd press conference is where the police captain emphasized that King had not been seen for “at LEAST, at least a week, at least a week”. The meaning of that really struck me at the time. I expect we will soon learn more.
Yes, it could have been much earlier. I'm not sure when the stepfather said he last saw him but that may be where LE got that information.

What would have been the motive, all she had to do was give the child back she wasn't responsible for him.
Still confused by the lack of checking in on King by the other parties Moo.

Also this Canadian just learned that Philadelphia isn't a state on it's own but is in Pennsylvania :oops:.

As a Mom myself...... this breaks my ❤. It makes me want to hold my boys alittle tighter and protect them that much more. I cannot fathom the thought of one of my own being out there somewhere, knowing that he may never come back to me. The Grandmas statement was 1000% very classy. What a woman to be able to speak that in what is probably the worst time of her life. Many prayers to this family, and may God let this little boy come home to rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea