PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find it implausible that she's still alive. I by no means have any specific reason to believe this, just have a feeling. So she vanished overnight, without money or personal belongings...I've come across many people who for whatever reason, have managed to begin new lives with little to no possessions to their name. Many things are possible, and remember its a small world. There's very few degrees of separation between people these days. Everyone knows somebody. Many people would help someone out financially or otherwise without asking any questions if a friend or relative asked them to.

BloodHound
The picture I am referring to, she is wearing what looks like a seductive police uniform. Aviator sunglasses, tie, short skirt, belt with handcuffs on them and what appears to be a garter belt. I find it really strange that this person has the photo as their profile pic. If you look at KS fb page and scroll through her friends it isn't hard to find. It also doesn't appear that many of her friends have any sort of pics of her or missing posters of her on their pages or set as their profiles like they did immediately following her disappearance. Strange....

Are you referring to a person with initials of JW who are friends with Kortne on facebook? I'm pretty sure I've seen her in that outfit before. I was definitely before Halloween this year. Also, he posted that picture/changed his profile picture on Oct 27th. Let me see if I can find out where I've seen Kortne in that halloween outfit before.

Hi Demon,

I believe that picture is from Halloween 2010. If you go to Kortne's personal FB page and look at her pictures, specifically her profile pictures, she is dressed as a seductive cop and the date is 2010.

Now, off to see who has it as their pic! :)

LOL You beat me to it! That must have been where I've seen the pictures of Kortne dressed as a cop for halloween. For some reason I can't find those pics on her facebook now. Do her pics look different at all to you? Like pics that were there before are no longer there and pics that don't look familiar to you are there?

BloodHound
The picture I am referring to, she is wearing what looks like a seductive police uniform. Aviator sunglasses, tie, short skirt, belt with handcuffs on them and what appears to be a garter belt. I find it really strange that this person has the photo as their profile pic. If you look at KS fb page and scroll through her friends it isn't hard to find. It also doesn't appear that many of her friends have any sort of pics of her or missing posters of her on their pages or set as their profiles like they did immediately following her disappearance. Strange....

In any event, I feel it's best to send things of this sort off to the tip line which I've done. I have no idea if it's more recent or older. Yep, that is odd about her friends not having her missing posters on their pages or set as profile pics. Strange to say the least!

You could be right, but here's another MSM article that repeats the same verbiage coming from WS again.
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/09/ijvm.01.html

What you are linking to is the original source for this: WS on a CNN TV interview. Other news articles repeating the content of the text are other news sources cannibalizing and repeating her CNN quote like this one: http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21275447/k...s-apartment-morning-kortne?source=most_viewed

So I don't think that the content of the text has been repeated over and over on repeated occasions with the identical word for word text.

I think we can all agree that the reporting on this incident has been incredibly shoddy, with incorrect facts, contradictions, and gaping holes (not that LE has helped a lot with info). How many news articles can you find that say the police found her door locked? With her personal possessions inside? There's a lot of misinformation out there, some of which got cleared up a bit later, some not.

Given so much misinformation and bad reporting, I guess it's up to each person to decide what tidbits of information are meaningful and believable in some way and what is just a distraction.

LOL You beat me to it! That must have been where I've seen the pictures of Kortne dressed as a cop for halloween. For some reason I can't find those pics on her facebook now. Do her pics look different at all to you? Like pics that were there before are no longer there and pics that don't look familiar to you are there?

Interesting observation! I can't find those pics on her Facebook either. Somethings definitely different about the pictures in that categories seem locked down such as profile pics and mobile uploads, I don't remember it being that way before? Unless I'm mistaken? There also seem to be some pictures that that I don't remember seeing before. Odd!

What you are linking to is the original source for this: WS on a CNN TV interview. Other news articles repeating the content of the text are other news sources cannibalizing and repeating her CNN quote like this one: http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21275447/k...s-apartment-morning-kortne?source=most_viewed

So I don't think that the content of the text has been repeated over and over on repeated occasions with the identical word for word text.

I think we can all agree that the reporting on this incident has been incredibly shoddy, with incorrect facts, contradictions, and gaping holes (not that LE has helped a lot with info). How many news articles can you find that say the police found her door locked? With her personal possessions inside? There's a lot of misinformation out there, some of which got cleared up a bit later, some not.

Given so much misinformation and bad reporting, I guess it's up to each person to decide what tidbits of information are meaningful and believable in some way and what is just a distraction.

I agree there is a ton of misinformation out there regarding this case. I have even read reports of Kortne's dog being gone and that her keys were found in her car. Still, your probably right that other sources are just repeating initial reports about the text, but considering that's all we have to go with, I'm not sure why I'd consider anything else? You right that it's up to each person to disseminate the facts from what's been reported, it's a shame things can't be more clear cut.

Turanna - I'm having an issue on this computer to "quote" and respond.

Everything appears the same for me with regards to her FB. The picture is in her profile picture albums.

Interesting observation! I can't find those pics on her Facebook either. Somethings definitely different about the pictures in that categories seem locked down such as profile pics and mobile uploads, I don't remember it being that way before? Unless I'm mistaken? There also seem to be some pictures that that I don't remember seeing before. Odd!

What I think is going on is the change with FB and profile pictures. In August, they changed the privacy settings on profile pictures so some that may have been accessable before, are now not public.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/08/16/profile-photo-privacy/

By far, I am the least technical savy person but this made sense to me as I've had issues with my pictures going public when I never made them that way, etc. My gf works with IT security so she's always on me about it.

O/T - just a thought!

What I think is going on is the change with FB and profile pictures. In August, they changed the privacy settings on profile pictures so some that may have been accessable before, are now not public.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/08/16/profile-photo-privacy/

By far, I am the least technical savy person but this made sense to me as I've had issues with my pictures going public when I never made them that way, etc. My gf works with IT security so she's always on me about it.

O/T - just a thought!

I don't want to beat this topic to death but I don't see any picture in KS FB where she is dressed in that same cop uniform that is posted on her friends FB page as a profile pic. Part of the problem I think, is that I can't access her profile pictures at all, other than to see that there are 48 photos in her profile pictures album and that it has a blue question mark on the front of the album. I guess what I'm getting at is how are you able to access those, when I can not? I also have the same problem with her mobile uploads album, I can't access it either, it also has a blue question mark on it. I guess I'll have to take you at your word that a picture of her dressed in that same cop get up is posted in her profile pictures because I have no way to view that album.

The only pictures that come even remotely close to the cop uniform, are the ones under modeling where she is on the motorcycle and another where she is hanging out with people at a Harley store, but that outfit she is wearing in those two pictures, is not the same as the cop outfit? So, I am just confused as how you are able to access those photos, when it sounds like others can not and I know I can not. When I click on profile pictures, it says there are no photos in this album, strange, just strange?

Well I'm not sure how FB has their settings but my guess would be is because Kortne and I share a mutual friend.

I don't want to beat this topic to death but I don't see any picture in KS FB where she is dressed in that same cop uniform that is posted on her friends FB page as a profile pic. Part of the problem I think, is that I can't access her profile pictures at all, other than to see that there are 48 photos in her profile pictures album and that it has a blue question mark on the front of the album. I guess what I'm getting at is how are you able to access those, when I can not? I also have the same problem with her mobile uploads album, I can't access it either, it also has a blue question mark on it. I guess I'll have to take you at your word that a picture of her dressed in that same cop get up is posted in her profile pictures because I have no way to view that album.

The only pictures that come even remotely close to the cop uniform, are the ones under modeling where she is on the motorcycle and another where she is hanging out with people at a Harley store, but that outfit she is wearing in those two pictures, is not the same as the cop outfit? So, I am just confused as how you are able to access those photos, when it sounds like others can not and I know I can not. When I click on profile pictures, it says there are no photos in this album, strange, just strange?

I thought I just made a post but I don't see it - sorry if this is a duplicate.

The only thing I can think of and again, I am far from computer savy, is that Kortne and I share a mutual friend. Maybe they give me more access because of that? I don't know. I do know that 100% positively there is a picture from 2010 of her in the same costume. It's also the same costume that her friend JW has set as his FB profile picture.

I guess if we ever needed to, I could save the picture and somehow link it? I don't know if I'm allowed to do that but we can keep it in mind. I'm looking at the pic now, she's wearing thigh high fishnets, with a lace trim. She's holding one of those police sticks, has the top way unbuttoned, her hair down. The pic is dated 10-26-10.

Hey, at least we are thorough here, we are trying to find this girl!

There are a lot of unanswered questions, but no way to get those answers, it seems. I'm not sure what can be done to help find Kortne with the little bits of info we have. It is very discouraging.

I guess if we ever needed to, I could save the picture and somehow link it? I don't know if I'm allowed to do that but we can keep it in mind. I'm looking at the pic now, she's wearing thigh high fishnets, with a lace trim. She's holding one of those police sticks, has the top way unbuttoned, her hair down. The pic is dated 10-26-10.

Hey, at least we are thorough here, we are trying to find this girl!

Ok, now that pic rings a bell, I used to have access to them and once you mentioned the police stick, I could see the picture in my mind's eye. I remember it. Thanks!

Here's a link to an MSM article that reports what CP's comments were in the text he sent to Kortne. "I left, I didn't see you. What happened to you?"

http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_21275447

Great observations regarding statement analysis. I never considered that CP asked the question the way he did because she was possibly involved in a particular incident that he wasn't a part of.

Are we sure that they slept in different rooms? If they fell asleep together and he woke up without her, he might just instinctively leave ASAP. (Knowing he did something wrong bec she had a boyfriend).

Has anyone read the quote on KS fb in the about section??? Takes on a whole new level now I feel.
I forwarded the picture I found to the tips line but haven't heard anything. I am not great a facial comparison so was wondering if I could forward it to LivingJuicy if you could have a look at it and let me know what you think...It keeps bothering me if its her or not and I figure if someone who might have more of an idea can rule it out then I can start working from a different angle.

Are we sure that they slept in different rooms?

I always got the *impression* that he expected her to sleep in the same room. He fell asleep first, and expected to see her when he woke up, but didn't, and figured she moved to another room for some reason.

http://www.abc27.com/story/19290677/possibly-the-last-person-to-see-kortne-stouffer-speaks

snip..The friend said before he fell asleep, Stouffer herself looked tired. When he woke up, he said he did not see Stouffer. He thought she might have been in another room. He said he did not know she was missing and left....

Doesn't that imply that she was in the same room with him initially? And explains the "didn't see you" text the next day?

I think I've posted enough for one day. Just wanted to mention, it was widely reported that CP passed a lie detector test. Also the police interviewed "dozens" of people. We don't know who those people are or why they were interviewed. We only know of a few people and these people were put under intense scrutiny and are not considered POI.

Here's a link to an MSM article that reports what CP's comments were in the text he sent to Kortne. "I left, I didn't see you. What happened to you?"

http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_21275447

Great observations regarding statement analysis. I never considered that CP asked the question the way he did because she was possibly involved in a particular incident that he wasn't a part of.

Then is it only rumor that we heard he told LE that he thought she may have been in another room sleeping? Because, the text, no matter what is says or how it's worded, does not make sense to me if he thought she could possibly be asleep in another bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven