PA - Mass shooting, five adults & unborn child dead, Wilkinsburg, March 2016

BBM. I think this was "personal", too-- perhaps Tina and Jerry Shelton were married. 3 siblings, too. These people were intentionally targeted, IMO, and I agree that the shooters probably knew they'd be unarmed.

There were children at the BBQ from a neighbor's comment-- thankfully they were not shot. But it could be their parents were targeted.

Because of the news reports of high rate of drug violence in the area, it's possible it was something to do with drug deals or debts. Just speculating-- we will know more when they catch the shooters-- and I think they will be caught very soon.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office identified the victims as 35-year-old Jerry Shelton, 37-year-old Tina Shelton, 27-year-old Brittany Powell, 25-year-old Chanetta Powell and 26-year-old Shada Mahone.

Jerry Shelton, Brittany Powell and Chanetta Powell were siblings.

Tina Shelton's father, Vernes Pugh, said Shelton was the mother of five children.

Three others were taken from the scene in ambulances. Of those victims, two men were listed in critical condition, police said.

Channel 11's Steven Fisher reported a 41-year-old woman who was wounded was treated and released from the hospital.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/multiple-people-dead-wilkinsburg-mass-shooting/nqhGQ/

Two men were in critical condition and a woman was stable, police said.

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ide-Wilkinsburg--371617181.html#ixzz42WMD81yI
Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook

Safer than 13% of the rest of the usa

MY CHANCES OF BECOMING A VICTIM
in Wilkinsburg1 in 34
in Pennsylvania1 in 52

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/pa/wilkinsburg/crime/

Got a "D" in crime

B+ education

D+ employ

F housing

http://www.areavibes.com/wilkinsburg-pa/demographics/

http://www.areavibes.com/wilkinsburg-pa/crime/

BBM. I think this was "personal", too-- perhaps Tina and Jerry Shelton were married. 3 siblings, too. These people were intentionally targeted, IMO, and I agree that the shooters probably knew they'd be unarmed.

There were children at the BBQ from a neighbor's comment-- thankfully they were not shot. But it could be their parents were targeted.

Because of the news reports of high rate of drug violence in the area, it's possible it was something to do with drug deals or debts. Just speculating-- we will know more when they catch the shooters-- and I think they will be caught very soon.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/multiple-people-dead-wilkinsburg-mass-shooting/nqhGQ/

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ide-Wilkinsburg--371617181.html#ixzz42WMD81yI
Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook

Re a 41-year-old woman who was wounded was treated and released from the hospital.

hopefully she can ID them

Getting sadder and madder - the more info we are collecting this seemed to be a family grilling - peroid.

Maybe we will learn more down the road but at this point IMO it seems like what this was

Pathetic. Maybe if folks learned how to "talk" as oppossed to "text" there might be some conflict resolution skills learned and applied-- just getting worse and wosre.

And yes, IMO , there is a technology conncection to all this all cr@p. Used to instant everything.

Push a button on your cell, pull a trigger problem solved - its numbing...............

yell scream throw a punch if necc, talk talk talk, and ya might not need a gun and some bullets between tweets .............

Cant really explain why but with the last several pictures it has moved me from gang to very personnal.

In this day and age, after seeing the "scene" random would almost be risky. Everyone is walking around with murder machines, if any of those folks at the BBQ were armed , from seeing the scene they could just as well be shot at from the vistims.

SO it makes me think IMO that whoever did this knew them and new they would not be armed. For other guy to just stroll up close, again seems like they were not concerned about being shot back at.
just moo

Not so certain that it's an either/or situation. A lot of gangs are deeply entangled with family/friendship relations.

Firing into what seems to be a family gathering, with some likelihood of young people around, strikes me as being particularly cold, however.

"We're not optimistic about one of the people [who is] hospitalized right now, so we probably lost seven people," he said after touring the scene of the shooting.

..........additional four partygoers were transported to local hospitals.

worked as a "team"

"They basically herded people to a position in the yard

"Drugs, retaliation -- there are a number of things we can't eliminate right now,"

...high-velocity rifle to shoot all the victims in the head as they were driven his direction, a prosecutor said Thursday.

1 with rifle
“The murders were planned. They were calculated,” District Attorney Stephen Zappala said.

The gunmen appeared to have targeted one or two of the victims, said Zappala, who said they hadn’t ruled out drugs as a motive.
Four women, one of them pregnant, as 15 adults who were playing cards and having a late-night cookout in the yard.

steered the victims toward the rear porch and door of the house, where an accomplice armed with a .762-caliber rifle similar to an AK47 shot them from behind a chain-link fence less than 10 feet from the porch,

The man with the rifle aimed high throughout the barrage of bullets.

all head shots

heard a volley of three shots, a pause, then gunfire lasting more than a minute.

the woman named Brittany lived at the home with a daughter who was about 6 or 7 years old.. They said the house was considered a “safe haven” in the neighborhood.

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/search-on-for-suspects-in-pa-shooting-that-left-5-dead/

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-injured-backyard-shooting-suburban-pittsburgh/story?id=37538434

Not so certain that it's an either/or situation. A lot of gangs are deeply entangled with family/friendship relations.

Firing into what seems to be a family gathering, with some likelihood of young people around, strikes me as being particularly cold, however.

I agree but it does happen, remember the mothers day shootings at some park? IDK I guess we will have to wait and see what LE comes up with.

Thanks, Cariis-- that article tells the story, IMO.

Guy with the .40 cal handgun was "driving" the people into a trap, so the guy with the rifle could take targeted headshots. 40 cal gun guy didn't care if he hit anyone, so just squeezed off a bunch of shots to create panic.

A .762 round to the head at 10 feet will not be pretty to discover. Likely very, very gruesome. 762 rounds are about the size of your little finger, or about 1/2 inch longer than a AA battery, and the same diameter. This was very, very planned and calculated. A mass execution, without a doubt.

Interesting that no one saw a man carrying a rifle around, though it was dark. Rifles aren't easy to conceal, especially while fleeing after the crime. They're not used a lot in gang violence. Makes me think this might have been a paid hit.

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/search-on-for-suspects-in-pa-shooting-that-left-5-dead/

This might not have had anything to do with the people at the bbq... might be sending a message to someone related to them.. ?

"We're not optimistic about one of the people [who is] hospitalized right now, so we probably lost seven people," he said after touring the scene of the shooting.

..........additional four partygoers were transported to local hospitals.

worked as a "team"

"They basically herded people to a position in the yard

"Drugs, retaliation -- there are a number of things we can't eliminate right now,"

...high-velocity rifle to shoot all the victims in the head as they were driven his direction, a prosecutor said Thursday.

1 with rifle
“The murders were planned. They were calculated,” District Attorney Stephen Zappala said.

The gunmen appeared to have targeted one or two of the victims, said Zappala, who said they hadn’t ruled out drugs as a motive.
Four women, one of them pregnant, as 15 adults who were playing cards and having a late-night cookout in the yard.

steered the victims toward the rear porch and door of the house, where an accomplice armed with a .762-caliber rifle similar to an AK47 shot them from behind a chain-link fence less than 10 feet from the porch,

The man with the rifle aimed high throughout the barrage of bullets.

all head shots

heard a volley of three shots, a pause, then gunfire lasting more than a minute.

the woman named Brittany lived at the home with a daughter who was about 6 or 7 years old.. They said the house was considered a “safe haven” in the neighborhood.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-injured-backyard-shooting-suburban-pittsburgh/story?id=37538434

I wonder if the house being a "safe haven" had anything to do with it?

Getting sadder and madder - the more info we are collecting this seemed to be a family grilling - peroid.

Maybe we will learn more down the road but at this point IMO it seems like what this was

Pathetic. Maybe if folks learned how to "talk" as oppossed to "text" there might be some conflict resolution skills learned and applied-- just getting worse and wosre.

And yes, IMO , there is a technology conncection to all this all cr@p. Used to instant everything.

Push a button on your cell, pull a trigger problem solved - its numbing...............

yell scream throw a punch if necc, talk talk talk, and ya might not need a gun and some bullets between tweets .............

I live in the Midwest. Five people were murdered few days ago. Four in Kansas City, Kansas and one in rural town 70 miles away in Missouri . I have not seen a thread on WS for that case as yet. Seems an illegal alien did the deeds.

http://www.abc17news.com/news/pablo...d-illegal-immigrants-past-law-runins/38437056

It seems to me that whether it be technology or not, there has become a huge disconnect for the values of human life anymore. A younger generation of criminals think nothing of killing multiple people with absolutely no remorse. Putting them in Prison doesn't seem to work, as we already have highest prison prison population in the World. The Death Penalty doesn't work as a determent IMO because we can't make up our mind on the issue and most die of old age before execution because of it. I just don't know what it will take to regain the values that we, as a society seem to have lost, IMO.

JMO's

I live in the Midwest. Five people were murdered few days ago. Four in Kansas City, Kansas and one in rural town 70 miles away in Missouri . I have not seen a thread on WS for that case as yet. Seems an illegal alien did the deeds.

http://www.abc17news.com/news/pablo...d-illegal-immigrants-past-law-runins/38437056

It seems to me that whether it be technology or not, there has become a huge disconnect for the values of human life anymore. A younger generation of criminals think nothing of killing multiple people with absolutely no remorse. Putting them in Prison doesn't seem to work, as we already have highest prison prison population in the World. The Death Penalty doesn't work as a determent IMO because we can't make up our mind on the issue and most die of old age before execution because of it. I just don't know what it will take to regain the values that we, as a society seem to have lost, IMO.

JMO's

I think the death penalty is a great deterrent. I just think that it should be a swift punishment, not taking yrs to hand down. I also think if they brought back Public @(&#(&# 's cant say it that it would be a great deterrent. JMO You cannot inject morals into someone, that comes with life and some folks are just evil, evil has been around since the beginning of time. Our values have declined and cleaning up our movies and not glorifying gang violence or murder would be a good start. All JMO

Thanks, Cariis-- that article tells the story, IMO.

Guy with the .40 cal handgun was "driving" the people into a trap, so the guy with the rifle could take targeted headshots. 40 cal gun guy didn't care if he hit anyone, so just squeezed off a bunch of shots to create panic.

A .762 round to the head at 10 feet will not be pretty to discover. Likely very, very gruesome. 762 rounds are about the size of your little finger, or about 1/2 inch longer than a AA battery, and the same diameter. This was very, very planned and calculated. A mass execution, without a doubt.

Interesting that no one saw a man carrying a rifle around, though it was dark. Rifles aren't easy to conceal, especially while fleeing after the crime. They're not used a lot in gang violence. Makes me think this might have been a paid hit.

I also thought it was a compelling peice. Gave me shivers tho. Thats pretty intense, so ill go here and you start shooting and they will all run towards me and I will murder them

Its just, I dont know it really quite messed up if you think about it

maybe they had hearding on a farm or something when younger, but that is some really twisted thimking IMO

Whats really scary is now other people might start using the herd and slaughter method.

Questions remain. How many guests were at the gathering and how long had the party been going-on?

News articles mention the possibility of some kind of argument.

I'm leaning towards thinking that the shooters are related or at least associated with the victims, and that they may have attended the party and left after an argument.

~jmo~

Don't some of those rifles come apart and can be carried pretty much in pieces and less noticeable. ? I used to have a 22 rifle that could be broken down like that. Might be one reason they were not noticed running around with a rifle. Not saying this is the case but could be possible.

DA says Wilkinsburg ambush that killed five people was planned, calculated, brutal

One of the two gunmen was standing on Hazel Way, the alley behind the house. He fired a 40-caliber handgun, shooting into the crowd so that they were herded toward the back door of the house...

Mr. Zappala said police believe there were one or two intended targets, and that a relative of the victims might have been a target.

Authorities say about 15 people were at the party during the attack.

When he (neighbor) ran outside he said he saw young children who were at the cookout screaming for their parents.

Family members began gathering Wednesday night with some causing scuffles as they tried to gain access. One woman sat on the ground crying. "They just want to kill everybody," she said.

"I'm told that what was happening there was a birthday party for a seven-year-old girl. The children must have been in the house because there's no reports of any injuries to children. You have to wonder how many of those children are orphans now." (quote from a neighbor)

~jmo~

I think the death penalty is a great deterrent. I just think that it should be a swift punishment, not taking yrs to hand down. I also think if they brought back Public @(&#(&# 's cant say it that it would be a great deterrent. JMO You cannot inject morals into someone, that comes with life and some folks are just evil, evil has been around since the beginning of time. Our values have declined and cleaning up our movies and not glorifying gang violence or murder would be a good start. All JMO

ITA. I also believe America began going down the slippery slope when we took God out of our lives. Now, we're working on our nation, as in borders, morals, families, etc., all the glue that used to hold us together. What do our young people really have to live for these days?

:cow:

Questions remain. How many guests were at the gathering and how long had the party been going-on?

News articles mention the possibility of some kind of argument.

I'm leaning towards thinking that the shooters are related or at least associated with the victims, and that they may have attended the party and left after an argument.

~jmo~

Linked earlier but dont remember where!! Around 14 total people playing cards and cooking ..............

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back