Found Deceased PA - Nalani Johnson, 2, Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, 31 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woman in custody after toddler abduction in Penn Hills; child still missing
snipped: Sharena Islam Nancy is suspected of fleeing in her car around 5 p.m. with Nalani Johnson inside, setting in motion a statewide Amber Alert

Nancy drove to Monroeville and her 2017 Toyota Yaris with Lyft and Uber stickers in the window was spotted at the intersection of Route 48 and Route 22 at 5:13 p.m., according to investigators.

Police took her into custody shortly after, the release said.
Nalani goes by the nickname “Mooh." :)

The police were alerted at approximately 5:00 PM RE: a possible child abduction at the intersection of Bryant Rd. and Prescott Rd. in Penn Hills.
The alleged abductor's car was spotted at 5:13 PM at the intersection of Rt. 48 and Rt. 22 in Monroeville.

According to Google, it would take ~12-13 minutes to complete that drive.
That doesn't give an abductor much time to transfer the child to another person.

Where is this precious child? Why take her?

So within 15 minutes of the abduction the car was seen and within 1/2 hour of the abduction the car and driver where found without Nalani present. That is such a short time span. It almost seems as if it was planned and the child was handed off to someone who was waiting in the wings for the transfer.

Just wondering out loud if there's something going on in the family. Where is mom in all of this? Are the parents together?

I don't think this is as cut and dry as it appears.

MOO

!! Amber Alert - Day Two !!
- Penn Hills Boro, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania -
- Nalani "Mooh" Johnson -
- Black / Female / Almost 2 Years Old -
* 3' :: 30 Lbs. *
- Brown Eyes -
- Short, Curly Black Hair -
- Black Shirt -
- Floral-Design Skirt -
*(Born 15 September 2017)*

69338430_10219084941371103_7007165364475789312_n.jpg

[Toddler Turning Two in Two Weeks]

Suspect In-Custody:
Sharena Islam Nancy, 25

Pittsburgh Post Gazette:
Woman in custody after toddler abduction in Penn Hills; child still missing

Google™ Supplements & Updates:
Nalani Johnson, 2 - Missing - PA - Google Search

*National Center for Missing & Exploited Children - 1367562*
Have you seen this child? NALANI JOHNSON

Check Back:
Magisterial District Judge Docket Sheet

[Contribution # 6760
Thread # 471011]

Last edited:
Where is this precious child? Why take her?

So within 15 minutes of the abduction the car was seen and within 1/2 hour of the abduction the car and driver where found without Nalani present. That is such a short time span. It almost seems as if it was planned and the child was handed off to someone who was waiting in the wings for the transfer.

Just wondering out loud if there's something going on in the family. Where is mom in all of this? Are the parents together?

I don't think this is as cut and dry as it appears.

MOO
Mom is posting. She lives in Chicago, IL. It isn't clear if she was in the area at the time.

Last I heard, the Uber driver wasn't cooperating with LE. I didn't hear any specifics beyond that.

I got the Amber Alert for this yesterday, and my initial thought was that maybe there was a language barrier between the Uber driver and father, and somehow the driver left not knowing the kid was with her. And even when they found her, I was thinking "well, maybe she left the kid somewhere thinking it was the right thing to do."

But now, it seems clear that is not the case. Otherwise, they would have found Nalani by now.

I see earlier in this thread that Nancy is an acquaintance of the parents (though we don't know how). Could it be that she was their Uber driver before, which is how they knew each other, so she was aware of the child? That might provide an opportunity to plan something. Just wait until you get called back to their address to do it.

Even that seems to be a stretch to me because, as an Uber driver, she's being tracked. I don't see how you get away with anything when you do it so blatantly, and while driving for a company that is tracking you (and knows you were with the victim - or at least the parent who paid for the ride).

I'm shocked that this wasn't resolved yesterday. There definitely seems to be some major pieces of the puzzle we are missing. I hope little Nalani is found safe (and soon).

I know that the turnaround on cell and data records can be long in a lot of cases, but I'm curious about the turnaround if, say, Uber handed that info over to LE. Surely that's something that Uber could access quickly.

Video with grandfather No new news

PENN HILLS, Pa. - UPDATE 5:10 p.m. - During their investigation, police said the Yaris SUV with PA plate KLW3926 traveled to the Blairsville, New Alexandria and Delmont Areas of Westmoreland County during the 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. time frame.

AMBER ALERT PENNSYLVANIA: AMBER ALERT issued for toddler abducted in Penn Hills
BBM

Saw this update and I'm kind of confused:

1) The Toyota Yaris is a subcompact hatchback, not a SUV.

2) Didn't the police report that Nancy's car was spotted at 5:13 PM at the intersection of Rt. 48 and Rt. 22 in Monroeville and pulled over shortly after at Rodi Rd.?
None of these areas are in Westmoreland County and the time frame does not fit that which has been reported.

This is also the first time I read that another person was with the father and his daughter during the ride. Unless it was already posted and I missed reading it.

"Family members tell Channel 11 Nancy was giving a ride to Nalani, her father and a friend. When Nalani's father got out of the car and went around to get the girl out is when Nancy allegedly took off with the child.

"She was in a car seat in the back, and he went around to get the car seat out with his daughter. And at the time, he had his hand on the door, and she drove off," Nalani's grandfather, Paul Johnson, said.

Police said Nancy was not being cooperative with their investigation."

AMBER ALERT PENNSYLVANIA: AMBER ALERT issued for toddler abducted in Penn Hills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members