Resolved PA - Philadelphia, WhtMale UP16769, 20-50, Dr. WhoT-Shirt, Hope & Faith Tats, Apr'17 - Name withheld

I had come across this guy I thought I would include him since he was missing.. But its a long shot..

Missing Since: 7/30/2008
DOB: 6/15/1963
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 200
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Race: White

MISSING ENDANGERED: No known direction of travel.
collier_000[1].jpg

Current Rule outs for this UID:
Jesse Farber
Edward Hunsburger
Ryan Kumie
Calmen Riemer
Shane Workman

No word on Marek Morawiec.

Just got an email that the contact for this case change. Going to resubmit Marek to the new contact person.

White Male
20-50
174 lbs
67 in tall

Found April 29, 2017 in a vacant lot at 1800 E. Lehigh Av. Philadelphia, PA. "surrounded by paraphernalia"

Post Mortem interval is 6 hours.

Hair: Short Cropped or buzz
Abdominal Hair
1-2 days facial hair stubble

2 inch linear scar on chin

Tattoo:
Faith on R. arm
Hope on L. arm
(IMAGE of Tats at link, WARNING GRAPHIC)

Clothing on body:
Blue Jeans, Black belt, white ankle socks, grey shirt with Dr. Who logo and "Never give up, never cruel or cowardly, never give in."
White Nike sneakers with black laces

Also had about $250 US currency on him.

Pic of T-Shirt:

**WARNING GRAPHIC PICS of DECEASED AT LINK**

Unidentified Person Case
Wondering iff this is Norman Baxter from RI, he was at some point in recovery from heroin. He went missin Feb 15, won’t, this unidentified man was found April 29 2017. He had no tattoos when he disappeared but these tattoos are 100% Kensington style. Meaning he probably got them while staying in this area.
Missing Person Case

Unidentified Person Case

Attachments

• 1B251E4B-9369-4385-945D-538FA1761061.jpeg
    1B251E4B-9369-4385-945D-538FA1761061.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 41
Just got an email that the contact for this case change. Going to resubmit Marek to the new contact person.

I never saw any follow up after the initial reports of Marek missing nor any obituaries but I'm thinking he was found deceased not long after he went missing.

These are from public notices.

August 24, 2018
https://www.palegalads.org/journals/pdf/371_Public_Notices_08242018.pdf

September 15, 2017
https://www.palegalads.org/journals/pdf/276_Public_Notices_09152017.pdf

Attachments

• Marek Morawiec.JPG
    Marek Morawiec.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 6
Wondering iff this is Norman Baxter from RI, he was at some point in recovery from heroin. He went missin Feb 15, won’t, this unidentified man was found April 29 2017. He had no tattoos when he disappeared but these tattoos are 100% Kensington style. Meaning he probably got them while staying in this area.
Missing Person Case

Unidentified Person Case

Wow! I can see similarities. They have the same chin and very similar facial hair patterns. You should submit it!

Missing Person Case

Unidentified Person Case

Welcome to Websleuths Ck45202!

There is strong resemblance there and both have scar on the chin. Both seems to be a bit hairy and you can see John Doe has somewhat shaven chest almost to his chin (not from autopsy). Subbtle is still visible.

Norman has gauged both ears, I wonder if they would not mentioned that on Doe description if he had it too. Norman has also quite prominent nose but again we can't see it properly on Doe due to angle photo was taken of him.

Norman has alcohol dependancy and not heroin one. From what I am aware alcohol and shooting up hard drugs does not go together, but I could be wrong.

I still do think authorities should look into it further and it should be submitted.

Here is Norman thread on Websleuths.

RI - RI - Norman Baxter, 31, West Warwick, 6 Feb 2017

Last edited:
Just to follow up, I've been in contact with one of Norman's friends who lived with him in a group home. I showed her this doe, and she was 85% sure it was him, but bloated. One of her friends said he had tattoos on his arms, but they then contacted his mom who was sure he had not tattoos. I'm not really sure what to think. The timing, the facial similarities, the height, the circumstances are all very similar. Norman was apparently known to do heroin. The first thing his friend asked me was, was it heroin. I've also spoken to one of his best childhood friends who also thinks it's him, but the tattoos confuse him because he was more of the anarchist type, so the tattoos seem weird. Although, for someone in recovery from an addiction, they do kind of make sense. I've been sitting on this for a year. Nobody responded to me about a year ago when I tried to make contact, but today his missing page on FB made a post so I thought I'd reach out again.

I'm not really sure where to go. I think this needs to be submitted because ruling him out based on his mom's knowledge of his tattoos doesn't sit quite right with me. They all seem to remember the gnarly scar on his chin as well. Has somebody submitted Norman?

It looks like he has blood in his nose - I'm not sure if that's normal/common but I wanted to point it out.

Also to answer some questions from earlier in the thread, Dr. Who is extremely popular here in the US. Kensington is known as the worst neighborhood in Philly. There was a photo series documenting addicts in Kensington (Meet the Photographer Who Captures Drug Addiction With a Compassionate Lens) and an open-air drug market was shut down somewhat recently. There have been several other UIDs found in the area (The lonely search for Philly’s unidentified overdose victims | Mike Newall)

I also found this slightly horrifying list of missing and unidentified in PA/Philly: Pennsylvania Missing Persons and Unidentified Victims

It looks like he has blood in his nose - I'm not sure if that's normal/common but I wanted to point it out.

Also to answer some questions from earlier in the thread, Dr. Who is extremely popular here in the US. Kensington is known as the worst neighborhood in Philly. There was a photo series documenting addicts in Kensington (Meet the Photographer Who Captures Drug Addiction With a Compassionate Lens) and an open-air drug market was shut down somewhat recently. There have been several other UIDs found in the area (The lonely search for Philly’s unidentified overdose victims | Mike Newall)

I also found this slightly horrifying list of missing and unidentified in PA/Philly: Pennsylvania Missing Persons and Unidentified Victims

Oh that is sad I didnot realize it was so bad!

Welcome to Websleuths Ck45202!

There is strong resemblance there and both have scar on the chin. Both seems to be a bit hairy and you can see John Doe has somewhat shaven chest almost to his chin (not from autopsy). Subbtle is still visible.

Norman has gauged both ears, I wonder if they would not mentioned that on Doe description if he had it too. Norman has also quite prominent nose but again we can't see it properly on Doe due to angle photo was taken of him.

Norman has alcohol dependancy and not heroin one. From what I am aware alcohol and shooting up hard drugs does not go together, but I could be wrong.

I still do think authorities should look into it further and it should be submitted.

Here is Norman thread on Websleuths.

RI - RI - Norman Baxter, 31, West Warwick, 6 Feb 2017
Hi, I submitted this over a month ago and family has not be responsive to my messages nor those of a family friend I was able to get in contact with. As far as the heroin dependency, I learned of this through a close friend to Norman as well as maybe Facebook. The gauges I wasn’t able to get confirmation or this on the doe. I’m not sure the process of indentifying a doe but I am patiently waiting

Just to follow up, I've been in contact with one of Norman's friends who lived with him in a group home. I showed her this doe, and she was 85% sure it was him, but bloated. One of her friends said he had tattoos on his arms, but they then contacted his mom who was sure he had not tattoos. I'm not really sure what to think. The timing, the facial similarities, the height, the circumstances are all very similar. Norman was apparently known to do heroin. The first thing his friend asked me was, was it heroin. I've also spoken to one of his best childhood friends who also thinks it's him, but the tattoos confuse him because he was more of the anarchist type, so the tattoos seem weird. Although, for someone in recovery from an addiction, they do kind of make sense. I've been sitting on this for a year. Nobody responded to me about a year ago when I tried to make contact, but today his missing page on FB made a post so I thought I'd reach out again.

I'm not really sure where to go. I think this needs to be submitted because ruling him out based on his mom's knowledge of his tattoos doesn't sit quite right with me. They all seem to remember the gnarly scar on his chin as well. Has somebody submitted Norman?
Hi yes I submitted over a month ago. I have also reached out to friends and family and no response from family at all. 2 of his friends are 99% sure it’s him and believes Norman’s family to just be in denial. I agree with the tattoos, per his Facebook he does appear more of the anarchist type but he was in recovery which made sense. Also these tattoos look like “Kensington tattoos” so his mom could be correct as of the last time she saw him, and maybe he got the tattoos here in Philadelphia.

This article/gallery is a great representation of Kensington in 2017, although the city has been trying to close down the encampments and tow abandoned cars (500+ so far). Per this and other articles I've read, Kensington has become a drug destination for transients and addicts from as far as the Midwest, due the easy availability and purity of the heroin there. There were 1,217 overdose deaths in Philadelphia in 2017. It's insane.

This article/gallery is a great representation of Kensington in 2017, although the city has been trying to close down the encampments and tow abandoned cars (500+ so far). Per this and other articles I've read, Kensington has become a drug destination for transients and addicts from as far as the Midwest, due the easy availability and purity of the heroin there. There were 1,217 overdose deaths in Philadelphia in 2017. It's insane.
Thank you for the article . Omg seriously I had no idea. This reminds me of NYC in the 1970s and 1980s wow.

What if this is a case of Occam's razor? His tattoos say "hope" and "faith" so maybe he was religious. Or it could be signifying a recovery attempt.

I'm doing some research on some religious figures working in Kensington. I'll post what I find in a bit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back