PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Gricar and other family have said otherwise and in fact that was their exact thought upon arriving to Lewisburg. It was, the scene, the same and many shows and interviews support this. I think it's safe to say we should believe what the family has said.

Well, that may have been due to their experience. As they were driving to Bellefonte they got a call the car was found Lewisburg on Water Street. Tony and brother said, in unison, "Suicide." I wouldn't rule it out yet.

You're straying away from my point as usual which is if Ray's disappearance is "voluntary" then why the need for the dramatic disappearance? It would have been a lot less attention getting by retiring and riding off into the sunset without local PD, PSP, and FBI looking for him.

The only voluntary departure I would buy into would one that was actually forced by threat to his family.

The could be multiple motive walkaway, just as there could be for suicide, or for someone to murder him (or conceal his death).

Had he retired, his location would still be known. That is public information.

One of the interesting points from the article is that both Roy and Ray seemed worried and distracted in the days before they went missing. Roy's computer was confiscated.

What are the chances that what was on Ray's computer were files that Roy had given him for safe keeping with the hope that Ray could clear his name at some point? If true, boy would that be a can of worms..... J.J's 1% "Other".

I was thinking about this whole scenario with someone possibly out to get them both, lost computer data and I thought of the Charlie Allen Jr/ Neo Babson Maximus case https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QFa2Dl-8A. He was a college student with bi polar disorder in MA. He suddenly disappeared after his sister told him that someone had deleted his facebook account and him saying that people were out to get him. Sounds suspicious, but everything but his surprise at the deletion points to a break from reality. I wonder if Roy's wife was right about his paranoia stemming from the bi polar. I've heard of bi polar described as the mental illness most similar to schizophrenia.

One of the interesting points from the article is that both Roy and Ray seemed worried and distracted in the days before they went missing. Roy's computer was confiscated.

What are the chances that what was on Ray's computer were files that Roy had given him for safe keeping with the hope that Ray could clear his name at some point? If true, boy would that be a can of worms..... J.J's 1% "Other".

If I understand correctly, Roy's wife said it didn't happen.

I've seen a lot of "followers" here that blindly march to the "Walkaway" beat. That of course is your right to be led by someone you believe knows more than you. It's human nature.

I wonder though if the intent was to purposely disappear and to not want to be found wouldn't it have been a better idea to go ahead retire, breakup with the girlfriend and then take off sans the dramatic mystery and Lewisburg stage? Also maybe saying to his loved ones "I'm taking off for a couple weeks" giving himself a big headstart?

I sure don't know of any "followers" on this site, unless you are referring to "following" this case which most of us have been doing for [what in 13 days will be] TEN FULL YEARS. We have discussed and analyzed it in every possible way and we all have our own theories. I don't know if you were referring to someone specifically or not, but I can tell you that I lean toward walkaway because as mentioned; I've been here since the beginning and am fully able to use my own well-honed analytical mind to reach my very own conclusions, thankyouverymuch.

Having said that, I can't believe it's actually been 10 years. Putting it in writing really brings it home.

I found an interesting story from a classmate of Roy Gricar: http://irpvoicesonline.com/voices/will-we-ever-know/

I'm not buying it. Seems like the writer is grasping at straws and is trying to make some connection. The only connection I can see is that Roy commited suicide and may have suffered from some manic depressive disorder and Ray may have also suffered from a similar problem escalated by his brothers suicide years before.

As for the defense contractor scenario with Roy, that happened in the 80's and early 90's. By the mid 90's the government had finally figured out they where being duped/over charged for $2 parts which where being billed at $200 per part and had cleaned house on the whole subject by cancelling the contracts and prosecuting those who they felt they could recoup some of their money.

just to clarify little bi polar can cause ppl to act unusual and uncharacteristic of their normal behavior but it also depends on to what degree they are diagnosed, bi polar 1 would be more associated with mania and erratic behavior and to act irrationally but bi polar 2 is more just depression although every case is different for every person to suffer with this. i know very very very many high functioning people that are diagnosed bi-polar so its not always what ppl think and is not always what causes someone to act in certain ways .... i personally dont think he killed him self just the impressions i get i have no real reason to back up this thought but i just dont

just to clarify little bi polar can cause ppl to act unusual and uncharacteristic of their normal behavior but it also depends on to what degree they are diagnosed, bi polar 1 would be more associated with mania and erratic behavior and to act irrationally but bi polar 2 is more just depression although every case is different for every person to suffer with this. i know very very very many high functioning people that are diagnosed bi-polar so its not always what ppl think and is not always what causes someone to act in certain ways .... i personally dont think he killed him self just the impressions i get i have no real reason to back up this thought but i just dont

Two points on different posts:

1. Roy's wife said the incident with the airplane crash never happened. I checked the records of air crashes 1992-95, there was only one that was mechanical and that was a fire.

2. They have determined that both bi polar depression and an increased risk for people with bi polar depression to commit suicide can be genetic. The latter was suspected in 2005 (and 1996), but it wasn't proven until 2011.

If I understand correctly, Roy's wife said it didn't happen.

Or was told to say it did not happen. Not the first time I have seen that scenario. Plausible Deniability. There are things from my time in the military (70's) that are still classified and was told never to discuss or to deny if asked. I am not ready to go down the conspiracy theory road yet, unless all the other roads have dead ends.

I'm not buying it. Seems like the writer is grasping at straws and is trying to make some connection. The only connection I can see is that Roy commited suicide and may have suffered from some manic depressive disorder and Ray may have also suffered from a similar problem escalated by his brothers suicide years before.

As for the defense contractor scenario with Roy, that happened in the 80's and early 90's. By the mid 90's the government had finally figured out they where being duped/over charged for $2 parts which where being billed at $200 per part and had cleaned house on the whole subject by cancelling the contracts and prosecuting those who they felt they could recoup some of their money.

Contractors are still duping the military. In fact they have been doing it since the Revolutionary War (and of the reasons we have ITAR). The opportunity for "get rich quick" is just too tempting for some contractors.

What may have been in the hard drive was the evidence needed for an ongoing investigation.

To me: The computer and drive are not red herrings. The fact that Lewisburg (where the mini was found) is remote I feel is significant. The phone call to Patty on the drive was for a reason.

I am open to the theory that Ray may have suffered the same sort of break as Roy. I am open to any of the theories.

J.J. The woods along the river are semi developed into a small sort of private park with warning signs. Some construction was going on there last year, right between the old rail bridge and the side road. I need to dig and see who the land owner is. With the amount of land clearing and open mowed grass, I would think a body would have been found were it in that area.

Or was told to say it did not happen. Not the first time I have seen that scenario. Plausible Deniability. There are things from my time in the military (70's) that are still classified and was told never to discuss or to deny if asked. I am not ready to go down the conspiracy theory road yet, unless all the other roads have dead ends.

I also couldn't find any crash that met the criteria in the three years prior to the statement.

Yeah I wouldn't give the story much weight since they didn't even get the name correct of Roy's widow. A friend told me that Roy's wife's name is Diane and not Carol. That checks out. Still an interesting possibility and that I'm sure it has been checked out by the 10 year veterans here lol.

http://www.myheritage.com/names/diane_gricar

Snipped

J.J. The woods along the river are semi developed into a small sort of private park with warning signs. Some construction was going on there last year, right between the old rail bridge and the side road. I need to dig and see who the land owner is. With the amount of land clearing and open mowed grass, I would think a body would have been found were it in that area.

The land between the river an the road, Route 405, on the east side of the river is fairly narrow. Some of that area migh have been checked in the river searches.

I am interested on the wooded areas beyond that. It is within walking distance of the SoS, and a spot where RFG could have committed suicide. Conversely, it is remote enough where a body could be hidden by a murderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase